Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 4 - Geelong vs Collingwood at Queen Elizabeth Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat is a national treasure.

Well either that or an irrational leper.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Gr8 stuff magpiebat I and many others appreciate your effots being so far away, if u could , how was Kennedys disposal?,,,,, for me it was a problem mainly shooting at goal
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 pm

jackcass wrote:
Great night at the QEO. Weather wasn't brilliant but thankfully not too much rain.

As others have noted De Goey was the stand out, was in everything and his roving of ruck and contested marking situations was at times breathtaking. A senior berth beckons.

BK next. Goal in the 3rd where hit the afterburners and weaved his way through congestion to run to 50 and kick from long range the highlight. Work rate was also high. Only his 2nd game back from illness and possibly 1-2 more at this level to build back to full fitness. Wouldn't be out of place at senior level next week if selected.

Abbott. What a beast. Hit a pack at CHF really hard and nearly pulled in the screamer. Sent a message to Cats defenders, you back back into my space and I'll hurt you. Struggled to remain consistently in the game but his cameo efforts just give you so much to enthuse about.

Marsh. Got beaten early but just kept battling away get ten better as the game wore on. Disposal was good.

Shaz. Got through a full game and did some nice things. Looks preppy running but I think is just a psychological thing. Also seems to avoid kicking on the left. Baby steps.

Freeman. Workmanlike. Early season run and dash missing at the moment.

Faz. Was okay. Question work rate.

Gault. Battled manfully and had some nice moments. 2nd - 3rd efforts good. Got on the lead a bit and clunked a few marks.

Maynard, Manteit, and Cox were okay.

Really pleased with the VFL kids. Pendles, Wallace and Williams becoming favorites. Still's best game as well.

Lack of genuine KPPs hurt early as Cats clearly taller, bigger and stronger. As the game progressed the pendulum seemed to swing though and our smaller nippier players gained run and the ascendency.

Don't know who the kid wearing 70 is but god he's brave. Just relentlessly threw himself where angels fear to go. Won plenty of footy including marking against much bigger appoints. Bit of Puopolo about him and a good stop gap in the absence of Sir Ferguson.

Overall, fantastic 4 quarter effort.

Thanks Jackcass - excellent report.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:33 pm

I think a little harsh on Fasolo, I thought he was good and was also targeted by those orange maggots at one stage giving away 3-4 free kicks which were bullshit

On the plus side for most of the game that was one of the best umpired VFL games I have seen. Got angry a couple of times but overall we seemed to get out fair share for a change
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Did Ryan Pendlebury play?

I think he and Jake Williams may make the senior side next year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Kosh wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Great night at the QEO. Weather wasn't brilliant but thankfully not too much rain.

As others have noted De Goey was the stand out, was in everything and his roving of ruck and contested marking situations was at times breathtaking. A senior berth beckons.

BK next. Goal in the 3rd where hit the afterburners and weaved his way through congestion to run to 50 and kick from long range the highlight. Work rate was also high. Only his 2nd game back from illness and possibly 1-2 more at this level to build back to full fitness. Wouldn't be out of place at senior level next week if selected.

Abbott. What a beast. Hit a pack at CHF really hard and nearly pulled in the screamer. Sent a message to Cats defenders, you back back into my space and I'll hurt you. Struggled to remain consistently in the game but his cameo efforts just give you so much to enthuse about.

Marsh. Got beaten early but just kept battling away got better as the game wore on. Disposal was good.

Shaz. Got through a full game and did some nice things. Looks proppy running but I think is just a psychological thing. Also seems to avoid kicking on the left. Baby steps.

Gault. Battled manfully and had some nice moments. 2nd - 3rd efforts good. Got on the lead a bit and clunked a few marks.

Really pleased with the VFL kids. Pendles, Wallace and Williams becoming favorites. Still's best game as well.

Lack of genuine KPPs hurt early as Cats were clearly taller, bigger and stronger. As the game progressed the pendulum seemed to swing though and our smaller nippier players gained run and the ascendency.

Don't know who the kid wearing 70 is but god he's brave. Just relentlessly threw himself where angels fear to go. Won plenty of footy including marking against much bigger appoints. Bit of Puopolo about him and a good stop gap in the absence of Sir Ferguson.

Thanks for the summary J. 70 is Jack Blair. Bull Abbot is built like a brick s..house. I really hope he makes it as he has an undeniable physicality that's will be really valuable at senior level.

I hope Blair is half as good as Sir Alec. I loved watching him last year and was gutted when he left.

Should have picked Blair, very Ferguson like game.

Abbott will become a favorite. Would look good in 42.

Happy for Freeman and Shaz to be given lots of time this year to regain confidence and form.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Rick wrote:

Yep, and put in a very good game against a bigger opponent. Shows a lot of the traits of his brother and if he continues to improve as he has he'd be a good chance for at least a rookie spot.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
Rick wrote:

Yep, and put in a very good game against a bigger opponent. Shows a lot of the traits of his brother and if he continues to improve as he has he'd be a good chance for at least a rookie spot.

I can see Williams providing the intensity and courage in our forward that Ramsay, Marley and Sinclair have demonstrated in defence.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Rick wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Rick wrote:

I can see Williams providing the intensity and courage in our forward that Ramsay, Marley and Sinclair have demonstrated in defence.

Williams may even have been unlucky last year but then you look at Abbott who was our last pick and you think maybe astute drafting. Both he and Pendles certainly building a case.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:19 pm

was great to catch up with some if the locals in their habitat. and my thanks goes to the resident tea merchant for a great cuppa during the game.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Quote:
The only blemish on his game (and it is the only real mark against him) was his inaccuracy in front of the sticks, returning 0.3 from three shots which were all very gettable. The one in the third, where he flummoxed his man deep in the forward line, danced around and missed a simple snap from 25 out directly in front was particularly bad. If you take the responsibility, you have to convert.

De Goey fitting right in at Collingwood then Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:23 am

jackcass wrote:

Abbott. What a beast. Hit a pack at CHF really hard and nearly pulled in the screamer. Sent w a message to Cats defenders, you back back into my space and I'll hurt you. Struggled to remain consistently in the game but his cameo efforts just give you so much to enthuse about.

Marsh. Got beaten early but just kept battling away get ten better as the game wore on. Disposal was good.

Shaz. Got through a full game and did some nice things. Looks preppy running but I think is just a psychological thing. Also seems to avoid kicking on the left. Baby steps.

Lack of genuine KPPs hurt early as Cats clearly taller, bigger and stronger. As the game progressed the pendulum seemed to swing though and our smaller nippier players gained run and the ascendency.

Great report Jackass. Sounds like Benny K is ready to step up.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 am

jackcass wrote:

Excellent report, cant add much more to it.

Cox improved as the game went on, his last quarter was his best.
JDG best on ground, took a real screamer "right in front of me" !!! Brilliant.
Abbott is a 10 tonne truck crashing through steel gates. He is awesome.
Shazza, a way to go yet but getting there slowly. Needs a lift in confidence.
Freeman has lots of room for improvent but tries hard.
Marsh improved as the game went on. Needs more time in the VFL to horne his skills.
Gault was servicable but needs to do more in my opinion. Ditto Fas.

JW was best man outside the ground!! Always in there helping out. Top effort JW!!! Twisted Evil

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:52 am

swoop42 wrote:
Out of curiosity why exactly are we playing Geelong in Bendigo?

Bacause the VFL is actually the VICTORIAN Football League. not just Melbourne.... Rolling Eyes We love our footy too...... Cool

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
was great to catch up with some if the locals in their habitat. and my thanks goes to the resident tea merchant for a great cuppa during the game.

LOL!! - Resident tea merchant!!! Love it!! Razz Glad you liked it.

Love your work JW and great catching up with you mate.

Must pencil in another VFL game this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: