Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carlton: Revel In Their Misery

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's s glorious event really but it runs deeper than imagined.
Who do they have as trade bait ?
They have little to no cap space
What real free agent would consider them a destination of choice
Yes they will get a early pick but 1 at a time won't be enough they have holes everywhere. There only decent player is at the end of his career
They have no kids stock piled to at least play kids and hope they come through.
Us and the dogs stock piled kids and look at the results some short term pain but looking at a long term plan
They have no coach in waiting
They are broke Bruce the pokie whale won't continue to bail them out he has said so a few times in the past 18 months. They can't afford to sack MM and who can they replace him with internally if they do ?
They are the true essence of a rabble.
They are at least 10yrs from being competitive
St Vomit went down the same track with Lyons and are now paying the price. Now they are rebuilding correctly and Richardson is doing his best with little to no talent
How they ever gave Gibbs a new 5 yr deal on th back of 6 reasonable games is beyond me
Murphy is a complete spud
Heartless, no skills, broke and no light at th end of the tunnel
Life don't get much better than this
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:48 pm

It is great watching the Bloozers in the running for the wooden spoon again... do we still have any giant spoons ready for due acknowledgment? Smile

But it can get better...

Head to Head on games we are about 4 games behind them - and of course we need 2 flags to get ahead on the premiership tally if including AFL/VFL flags..

So my 2020 vision is for the Pies to strike a premiership vain... Buckley to be a premiership coach and of course we lead the cheating scum on all counts Smile

We have to make the most of this time... potential is there for much joy and sooo much karma Smile Smile

Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:59 pm

I do revel in it mate. I love it! Very Happy
The Starcevich Coterie 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 am

I don't think younger Pies supporters really understand how much joy that Carlton's plight over the last 15 years brings to those who grew up on 1970s and 1980s football.

Carlton people of that era we're the most arrogant, self entitled set of supporters of any club in the history of the VFL / AFL.

It has taken nearly 2 decades of AFL-led punishment, exposed cheating, poor recruiting, board disfunction, bad business decisions, wooden spoons, fleeting finals appearances, and misplaced messiah-complexes (e.g. Fevola, Judd, Daisy) to bring them down to a level at which I hope they stay for a very, very long time.

I really hope all those Blues supporters who were a source of torment at the football, in the play ground or in the work place over many years are doing it tough to the point where their commitment to Carlton is fleeting at best and there 'club' will never be strong enough to darken our Collingwood days again.

Unfortunately the ghosts of football seasons past won't be totally exorcised from Pies supporters who are 40+ years old until we beat them in a Grand Final and perversely this looks like being a long way off.

We will just have to work toward getting in front of the head to head count and perhaps winning flags 16 and 17...
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:39 am

WE ARE ONLY WINS FROM MATCHING THEM FOR GAMES WON BETWEEN EACH OTHER!!!! BRING ON 2018 WHEN WE SURPASS THEM. GO PIES!
inxs88 

WE ARE ONLY WINS FROM MATCHING THEM FOR GAMES WON BETWEEN EACH OTHER!!!! BRING ON 2018 WHEN WE SURPASS THEM. GO PIES!
inxs88 

4 WINS!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:49 pm

" LOOK, THE FACT IS, I HONESTLY CANNOT SEE US LOSING A GAME, THIS SEASON, HONESTLY !"--- Mick Malthouse. ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Crickets chirping.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
" LOOK, THE FACT IS, I HONESTLY CANNOT SEE US LOSING A GAME, THIS SEASON, HONESTLY !"--- Mick Malthouse. ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Crickets chirping.

Perhaps he was planning on coaching every game with a blindfold on? Smile
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:19 pm

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:
I don't think younger Pies supporters really understand how much joy that Carlton's plight over the last 15 years brings to those who grew up on 1970s and 1980s football.

Totally agree. I have said this for years. I hope they read your excellent post and gain an insight and education into the many reasons for the long lasting tradition of us hating the scum. And long may it continue when the younger 'pies fans finally get the idea and start practising it.

xpunky bash 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm
Post subject: Carlton: Revel In Their MiseryReply with quote

It is a great source of amusement to me that Carlton wanted so much to function like Collingwood, taking Greg Swan and then MM and even David Butiffant and then Daisy. Don't you love it ? Can fact be stranger than fiction ?
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:21 pm

woftam wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Perhaps he was planning on coaching every game with a blindfold on? Smile

Laughing Classic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: