Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Witts end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Witts started alright but faded as is his want.

Needs to be stronger in his marking and play a harder brand of football.

Still in a game we lost by 7 goals he finished with 15 disposals and 16 hit outs.

Gault in a 75 win had 10 disposals, 2 hit outs and a goal.

Give him a rocket during the week but see if he responds next round.

What a crock! Many of us have been saying that he's had an interrupted preseason and has been working his way back to fitness and form but that didn't stop numerous posters calling strong and hard for him to be included for Gault because he wasn't up to it apparently.

Now Witts get a senior opportunity and low and behold his form and fitness isn't there and you take the opportunity to portray that as his norm.

Utterly ridiculous!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:17 pm

thompsoc wrote:
He wasn't that bad.
First game in 2015 - lets wait for a few more weeks before judgement.

Exactly, people were screaming for inclusion despite doubts on current form and fitness then choose to have a sook when form and fitness shown to be not quite there yet.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Still in a game we lost by 7 goals he finished with 15 disposals and 16 hit outs.

Hit-outs: Half of which were gifted down the throat of Geelong pricks for easy clearance, but that's up to our bludging mids to correct.

He and Grundy were dusted by that spaz Stanley, which was embarrassing to watch. Learn from it.

Don't think he psychology recovered from that f*cking SODA mark he dropped, gifting Geelong a goal we didn't need...

Grundy had a Good Game

On a par with Witts really.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:23 pm

^^^ Yes - but DTM likes Grundy and doesn't like Witts so much.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

What a crock! Many of us have been saying that he's had an interrupted preseason and has been working his way back to fitness and form but that didn't stop numerous posters calling strong and hard for him to be included for Gault because he wasn't up to it apparently.

Now Witts get a senior opportunity and low and behold his form and fitness isn't there and you take the opportunity to portray that as his norm.

Utterly ridiculous!

That's your opinion.

Mine is he has a history of starting matches well in the first quarter and his influence wanes as the game progresses.

It has nothing to do with fitness.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Hit-outs: Half of which were gifted down the throat of Geelong pricks for easy clearance, but that's up to our bludging mids to correct.

He and Grundy were dusted by that spaz Stanley, which was embarrassing to watch. Learn from it.

Don't think he psychology recovered from that f*cking SODA mark he dropped, gifting Geelong a goal we didn't need...

Grundy had a Good Game

Grundy was way Better then Witts.

I guess you think Pendles was also Shit last night Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Grundy had a Good Game

You're entitled to your opinion Dave, doesn't make it any more or less right than mine, just different.

Didn't even mention Pendles, don't understand the relevance in a discussion about Witts.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:35 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Utterly ridiculous!

That's your opinion.

Mine is he has a history of starting matches well in the first quarter and his influence wanes as the game progresses.

It has nothing to do with fitness.

Oh well that'd make it so then....
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 pm

And yours would?
roar 

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Think people are forgetting how good Witts was last year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:37 pm

swoop42 wrote:
And yours would?

Well at least I was at the game to see it live to form my opinion.

And as I indicated to Dave, they're just opinions, neither of ours are any more less right or wrong, just different. Maybe mine comes with just a little less hubris.

Last edited by jackcass on Sun May 10, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Grundy had a Good Game

you really jump to stupid conclusions and comparisons. grundy was ok but hardly a stand out.

Az 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:24 pm

John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Grundy had a Good Game

you really jump to stupid conclusions and comparisons. grundy was ok but hardly a stand out.

Dave is blinded by his love affair over Grundy. Agree, he had an average game in the ruck. More of his taps went nowhere or were tapped to Geelong's advantage. Too many people seem to think winning the hitouts makes you the better ruckman. It's only how many hitouts to advantage that lead to clearances that matter. That's why Witts for mine just isn't there yet. Doesn't know how to use his big body in the ruck, can win a hitout but rarely goes down the throat of our mids.

He prefers to wrestle in the ruck as opposed to leaping for the ball. That wouldn't worry me except that for such a big fella, he just doesn't have the strength to match it. I know he's still young, and would have had a very limited weights regime over the preseason due to the shoulder surgery, but I really hope he at least starts to build up some more muscle. If he's going to be a slow lumbering ruckman, he needs to at the very least be a physical beast.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:07 pm

Az wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Grundy had a Good Game

Dave is blinded by his love affair over Grundy. Agree, he had an average game in the ruck. More of his taps went nowhere or were tapped to Geelong's advantage. Too many people seem to think winning the hitouts makes you the better ruckman. It's only how many hitouts to advantage that lead to clearances that matter. That's why Witts for mine just isn't there yet. Doesn't know how to use his big body in the ruck, can win a hitout but rarely goes down the throat of our mids.

He prefers to wrestle in the ruck as opposed to leaping for the ball. That wouldn't worry me except that for such a big fella, he just doesn't have the strength to match it. I know he's still young, and would have had a very limited weights regime over the preseason due to the shoulder surgery, but I really hope he at least starts to build up some more muscle. If he's going to be a slow lumbering ruckman, he needs to at the very least be a physical beast.

Grundy could spend the whole game warming the pine and Dave would still think he'd been good.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:53 pm

For what it's worth Grundy probably had his poorest game for the year but still wasn't terrible either.

I don't get the scorn for Dave just because he's an unabashed Grundy fan. As has been stated elsewhere a ruckman of Grundy's age having such an influence and playing to such a standard at such an early stage of his career is almost unheard of in the modern era. We should all be fans of the kid, he's a ripper.

As for Witts he has plenty of upside as well. He looked rusty and a bit off with his ruckwork, as can be expected from such a big man without a proper preseason but he showed last year that he is developing at the right rate and he'll get better (whether that means more VFL time then so be it)

The so called supporters who labelled (or is that libelled) Witts as a "dud", "spud" and "worst player ever" on the basis of a dropped mark that cost us a goal are such knee jerk hysterics, hyperbolists and sooks (and we all know exactly who they are) that their opinions deserve the same respect that they accord our players ie squat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: