Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sunday Age - Young

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:31 am
Post subject: Sunday Age - YoungReply with quote

Cliff Young leaves the field in VFL game against Footscray
Geez what is going on at Pie land --apparently hamstring

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 am
Post subject: Re: Sunday AgeReply with quote

That's what happens when you run in gum boots. Wink
I believe our players name is Clinton & not the farmer who ran ultra marathons.

Last edited by woftam on Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing is going on. hamstring tightness. better to be safe than sorry by taking him from the ground. would you rather we weren't so conservative and he further damages it by playing on?
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 am

The Young trade was great in theory but just hasn't worked. Only thing it did was piss the dirty dawks off.
Ah well, we move on.

daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Did we give him a 3 or 4 year deal?? If 3 it's his last year of his contract. Be interesting what happens to him. Not going to get $400000 a year as was reported his first contract was.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Sunday AgeReply with quote

barrybc41 wrote:
Cliff Young leaves the field in VFL game against Footscray
Geez what is going on at Pie land --apparently hamstring

Yes it happens players get injured… crikey they even get injuries in non-contact sports so please lets not go on about every single injury!…

Re Young - not required atm - hopefully not at all next year and beyond. I didn't think the Hawks were too worried about us picking him up - I thought they were looking to off-load him! A nice guy but only an average footballer IMO at well and truly overtaken by Seedsman and a few other young guys this year.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:36 pm

daicos from the boundry wrote:
Did we give him a 3 or 4 year deal?? If 3 it's his last year of his contract. Be interesting what happens to him. Not going to get $400000 a year as was reported his first contract was.

HAWTHORN premiership player Clinton Young has quit the Hawks and will play for Collingwood next year.

The free agent last night agreed to terms to join Collingwood on a three-year deal ahead of today's 5pm deadline for free agents to exercise their rights.

Young last night informed Hawthorn, Collingwood and Port Adelaide, which had also made a substantial offer for the long-kicking left-footer, after agonising for days over the decision to quit the Hawks.

The terms Collingwood was able to offer were superior to the Hawks and the ability to remain in Victoria was likely to be persuasive against the Port Adelaide offer.

Young, a wingman, who was a member of the Hawks' 2008 premiership team and has played 116 games, will join Collingwood as a ready-made replacement for Sharrod Wellingham, who was traded to West Coast.

The move means Collingwood has traded out two players for first-round draft picks - Wellingham (pick 17) and Chris Dawes (pick 20) and brought in through free agency two experienced players - Young and Quinten Lynch - to fill their roles.

Young's manager, Alex McDonald, of McDonald Sports and Talent Management, said his client had agonised over the decision because of his affection and respect for Hawthorn, but was excited by the opportunity that Collingwood had provided.

An outside player who is a good user of the ball, Young fills the need Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley and recruiter Derek Hine had identified for a player better able to deliver the ball inside forward 50.

Collingwood now has three picks inside 21 in the draft. As the picks now stand, they are 17, 18 and 20, but will likely be pushed back at least one place when the Brendon Goddard compensation pick for St Kilda is included at 13.

The Magpies have indicated their intent to go to the draft, having traded their early picks in recent years. Had Young not accepted the contract, they were perhaps more amenable to packaging two of those picks for a player.

But his signing means there is unlikely to be much room left in the salary cap to trade in players on a significant salary.

Due to injuries and form, Young managed only 32 games in 2009-11, but recovered his place this year to play 20 games, kicking 13 goals.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Clinton Young it is and with all the emerging talent not a problem but
why all the hamstrings

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Yeah and in the 2012 GF loss - Dunstall was adamant that Young had to go… the writing was on the wall - and Young did well to jump before he was pushed or dropped and worth a lot less.

His time at the pies has been dominated by injuries - but unlike the younger guys who you can excuse and patiently wait for their potential to blossom - Young has been well below expectations when he has played.

I will be very surprised if he is on the list next year.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:20 pm

So if young was injured from 2009-11 for the hawks and then again for the pies from 2013-15 - it seems he had one good year in 2012 and then not much else… wow!
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:34 pm

barrybc41 wrote:
Clinton Young it is and with all the emerging talent not a problem but
why all the hamstrings

what are you talking about? we only have two out with a hammy. who are the others?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 pm

Moore
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:39 pm

moore and sinclair.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Both Young and Sinclair have history of hamstring problems, amd it is starting to look like a chronic weakness for both, limiting their careers. I don't think you can blame the training staff for that. For Young, I just don't think he has the mental strength - I will never get over that spilled mark in the last minute against GWS. Delist at end of year, now that mny others have gone past him.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Mugwump wrote:
For Young, I just don't think he has the mental strength - I will never get over that spilled mark in the last minute against GWS. Delist at end of year, now that mny others have gone past him.

Obviously deeply etched in your memory, the game was against Gold Coast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: