Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The DILLIGAF File

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
What if the guy in the glass hasn't been washing his window properly?

Frankly, I wish he'd mind his own business and stop hanging out in the bathroom with me while I'm naked.

Reminds me of the drunken philosophy question; if you have sex with a copy of yourself is it masturbation, incest or homosexuality?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 pm

How about "all of the above"? Laughing
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:41 pm

^Not to underestimate the task when drunk, but given David is post-gender and strongly utilitarian, clearly it's the first option!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Hey, wrong thread!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:24 pm

this dilligaf file. the direction it has taken is really starting to grate on me.
i know it is national masturbation month but can we please have one thread that is not turned into a wankfest. this is meant to be a bit of fun.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Here's a massive DILLIGAF, John Wren:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/samantha-armytage-addresses-alleged-rivalry-with-jesinta-campbell-20150528-ghbby7.html

How would folks have gotten through the day without having that cleared up?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 pm

That opening paragraph is certainly something:

Quote:
Claims that Sunrise co-host Samantha Armytage sacked her manager because of alleged rivalry with fellow celebrity and model Jesinta Campbell were being laughed off by the breakfast television personality on Thursday morning.

But hey, sometimes you just need to get the news out! Shocked

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:09 pm

David wrote:
What if the guy in the glass hasn't been washing his window properly?

Frankly, I wish he'd mind his own business and stop hanging out in the bathroom with me while I'm naked.

I think I raised the issue of insight with you once before and you weren't responsive then.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:13 pm

I don't think I ever raised it with you.

But since you've raised it, would you consider yourself to be self-aware?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Yeah, I would. I don't always act in that manner but I can reflect and identify where I could have done things better post mortem.

Being self aware in the moment is a difficult skill to master, and bloody hard when you let your guard down and have a few drinks after work which is when I do 99% of my Nicks posting. Being able to do it post mortem is easier but still most people don't really get it.

Part of being self aware is acknowledging that how others perceive you is their reality. Whether you agree or not, that is how you're viewed.

That's two areas i think you have some room for improvement in. Consider that constructive feedback.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:34 pm

LOL, thanks Stui. Confused Razz

I consider myself reasonably self-aware as well – and, if anything, sometimes too aware of the opinions of others (or projections thereof). But I don't think there's a single person on here who can say they don't have work to do on the self-awareness front. It's an ongoing struggle.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:58 pm

David wrote:

I consider myself reasonably self-aware as well – and, if anything, sometimes too aware of the opinions of others (or projections thereof). But I don't think there's a single person on here who can say they don't have work to do on the self-awareness front. It's an ongoing struggle.

Blimey, I'd have said that David's one of the more self-aware people I've seen in action. I firmly disagree with many of his views, but he's (almost) unfailingly patient, usually attempts to understand before judging, and shows good humour under fire. These are pretty good tests of self-awareness in my book. No-one is complete in that department, of course - we weren't born with soul-scanners.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:10 pm

More interesting reactions. How people act to perceived criticism is always instructive. BTW, saying that someone has room for improvement doesn't automatically mean they do it badly, just means that in the view of the person posting the opinion, they could do it better.

Trying to maintain an aloof dispassionate position on an argument doesn't equal self awareness IMO BTW. The former is easy if you care to try.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

Blimey, I'd have said that David's one of the more self-aware people I've seen in action. I firmly disagree with many of his views, but he's (almost) unfailingly patient, usually attempts to understand before judging, and shows good humour under fire. These are pretty good tests of self-awareness in my book. No-one is complete in that department, of course - we weren't born with soul-scanners.

moreso, that describes very high emotional intelligence as much as anything else.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:08 am

So a lack of emotion shows high emotional intelligence, what ever the **** that is! Yeah nah.

I've just spent the evening reading Jaycee Lee Duggards book, the kid who was kidnapped at 11, held for 18 years, raped, abused, mentally tortured. She wrote it herself, and her lack of education shines through, but it's an amazing book. I read well over 200 pages before I could stop reading to take an emotional break. And all I could think was, next time I read on Nicks that a pedophile needs our understanding or sympathy, I will have a total meltdown.

Why are all the threads here degenerating into a shit fight between this team and that? Why are the posters dropping off so markedly?

Because no one likes to be spoken to condescendingly, no one likes to have their point of view completely dismissed. The tavern used to be a fun place to visit to discuss all sorts of topics. There was always some gentle and not so gentle banter, but it's not fun anymore. I can't be bothered reading essays that are nothing more than a look at me, I've got a bigger thesaurus than you pissing contest, full of stuff that you might hear after a night on the bong at a uni dorm get together.

I'm far from stupid, but lately, if I put in my two cents, that's the message I get. I don't look down on anybody. I'm sick of it happening to me here.

Maybe it's time to read a few more books.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12   

Jump to: