Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How do you feel about the impending execution of the Bali 2?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about the impending executions?
I feel genuinely emotionally upset, I'm taking this hard.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I feel sorry for them and a little upset in general
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Really don't feel anything, don't care
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I suppose they deserve it, I don't have a lot of sympathy
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
I want to be there to watch the Scum get what they deserve
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I was told there would be food and booze in here.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:44 pm
Post subject: How do you feel about the impending execution of the Bali 2?Reply with quote

Listening to the radio, I've heard lots of the words "Horrific, barbaric, tragic" etc, people expressing sincere (or as sincere as they can get) emotional upset at the impending execution of 2 people they don't know.

I gather this is for reasons of how strongly they feel about human rights and the death penalty in general, but I'm not sure. i can't relate to it.

So I'm not asking for people's opinions on the death penalty, we already have a poll about that, i'm purely interested in how you, as a person, are emotionally processing this.

How do you feel?

I'm personally utterly ambivalent. I feel nothing toward them either way and i certainly don't feel any personal upset (or joy) at their impending death.

With all the rhetoric about how people are feeling about this, I'd like an actual sample of people who aren't getting paid to generate ratings.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

how do we feel about sending troops to war?

the whole execution thing makes me queasy but i have no sense of obligation towards supporting the two australians. i believe we should show compassion to our fellow humans but i just don't feel anything about this situation.

tbh, i am amazed at the hypocrisy, grandstanding and politics that has arisen in recent times. for all those standing for mercy - admirable as that is - i hope they make the same stand for every human waiting to be executed.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Listening to the media I am genuinely peeved. The laws of Indonesia are blatantly clear and I would say they could not be any clearer. You bring drugs into the country the death penalty is on the cards. Those two failed to cooperate with authorities and give up those above them in the drug ring.

The only thing I would say is wrong is waiting ten years to execute them and there is no coincidence there is a new President.

I have no sympathy and will not shed a tear I will be happy it's done and dusted so the media can focus on the next circus.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Ok you've given us plenty of options, but mine ain't there sorry!

I feel a bit sorry for them, but I wouldn't say I'm upset. They were dumb. 10 years on death row would not be easy, but, well, even 10 years ago the death penalty was advertised there as much as the nightlife, so.....?

Yeah, I only have sympathy cos I reckon the firing squad is pretty harsh, like I said in the other thread, I'd go the drugs!

I voted really don't feel anything, but that's not quite true! But I wanted to see the results!!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Culprit wrote:
Listening to the media I am genuinely peeved. The laws of Indonesia are blatantly clear and I would say they could not be any clearer. You bring drugs into the country the death penalty is on the cards. Those two failed to cooperate with authorities and give up those above them in the drug ring.

The only thing I would say is wrong is waiting ten years to execute them and there is no coincidence there is a new President.

I have no sympathy and will not shed a tear I will be happy it's done and dusted so the media can focus on the next circus.

and that's the thing. what will be the next circus? thankfully, we don't have to be subjected to schappelle any more.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:48 pm

think positive wrote:

I feel a bit sorry for them, but I wouldn't say I'm upset. They were dumb. 10 years on death row would not be easy, but, well, even 10 years ago the death penalty was advertised there as much as the nightlife, so.....?

Yeah, I only have sympathy cos I reckon the firing squad is pretty harsh, like I said in the other thread, I'd go the drugs!

I voted really don't feel anything, but that's not quite true! But I wanted to see the results!!

I've tried to grade it from strong feelings one way through to none to out the other side. how a proper survey should be as I understand it.

Pick the option that best covers your opinion, or don't vote.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm

I voted unwillingly for the "don't care" option, but I really wanted one that said something like:

"I disapprove of the death penalty and feel some sympathy, but honestly there are far more important things going on which kill far more people (and most of them not criminals either) and I'm deeply saddened that we don't pay more attention to the stuff that matters most and distract ourselves for months on end with this one small issue merely because it is a little bit sensational".

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 pm

I am not sure how I really feel about them, I am all for them being punished for what they have done I am just not sure that the death penalty is what they really deserve. I'm not against the death penalty as a punishment for other serious crimes, I just think there are people that are involved in the drug trafficking that may actually be more deserving of this fate than these two.

I suppose maybe I do feel sorry for them in a way because they're going to be put to death, I feel really sorry for their families and friends having to go through this. Life in prison to me would be a better outcome, but I guess their fate has been sealed.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 pm

What makes life in prison to him or her would be a better outcome but he or she guess their fate was sealed ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

I've tried to grade it from strong feelings one way through to none to out the other side. how a proper survey should be as I understand it.

Uh, hmmmm read the last $$%^%%$ line. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Tannin wrote:
I voted unwillingly for the "don't care" option, but I really wanted one that said something like:

"I disapprove of the death penalty and feel some sympathy, but honestly there are far more important things going on which kill far more people (and most of them not criminals either) and I'm deeply saddened that we don't pay more attention to the stuff that matters most and distract ourselves for months on end with this one small issue merely because it is a little bit sensational".

Yeah, well I couldn't fit all that in the poll question so you ticked the right option. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Hmmmmm I don't agree with the death penalty and I wish they wouldn't and I know I really should care - but in reality I'm ambivalent and in general I don't seem to really care if I'm really honest - but every so often I think firing squad harsh - but then I think well you did it to make quick dosh in a country that doesn't hide that it imposes the death penalty for such offences - but then again they were reasonably young at the time but then I remember how many younger folk have died or ruined their lives through heroin addiction but then again if these 2 hadn't have trafficked pretty sure others would have - still you do the crime you do the time unless the country you do the crime in has a law that says it is your time on this earth that is limited!

Sad for the families especially the parents - doesn't seem like they knew or were benefitting from their sons illegal activities.

So after that waffling I went for the feel sorry for them little upset option cause I think I care a little bit Confused

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:01 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

OK, I had a mans look, sue me. I'm conditioned to ignoring whinging women. Wink Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

OK, I had a mans look, sue me. I'm conditioned to ignoring whinging women. Wink Razz

Oooohhhh you know I'm gunna remember that!

And tannin whinged too!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Well I hate the Media making them look like Heros like Ned Kelly. These Guys where Big Drug Dealers.

They Knew IF they get caught with Drugs there was a very strong chance they would be Shot.

I think being Killed is bit over the Top and they should have Life in Jail but Its the Indonesian law and they knew before hand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12   

Jump to: