Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies crush Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolutely glorious night to be at the footy!!

Just a fantastic effort right across the ground. Everyone has a role, and they all contributed at some stage.

Our kids are coming along very nicely, and appear to ahead of where we though they would be at this stage. Crisp, Adams, Oxley etc, wow, very happy with their contribution at the moment.

Special mention to Frost, he's improved again on last season - no second year blues there.

And credit where its due, Blair has stood up this year and is having a real impact.

As for Pendles, outside of Hodge, there is no better captain in the AFL, just superb.

How are we going to fit Sidey, Greenwood & Reid in?

The discussion around White/Gault/Witts - I think we need to play 2 of them with Grundy at all times (maybe not at Etihad). Structurally, it appears that we perform better with 3 of them, and its handy to have 3 players rotating through the centre bounces.

As for Mick breaking the record, as far as I'm concerned, its an empty achievement. His time at Carton has been a disaster (for them at least). The players, for whatever reason, have never bought in - they have never played for him the way we did, or West Coast & Footscray. He went there for the wrong reason, and its all gone pear shaped. He has made some bewildering decisions with their list, and they are now a complete basket case.

I would like him to continue there for the next 10 years, but I fear last night was the last straw.

SaraNeighed Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm so glad Karnezis played well when coming on! Collingwood supporter as a kid. Makes this cougar proud.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Woods wrote:
mandy wrote:
Woods wrote:
Anybody know what the injury to Pendlebury's hand is?

The Chan 7 interviewer said when presenting him with the watch for best-on-ground that he wouldn't pass it to Pendlebury because he's got "a bit of a sore hand".

A little girl handed it to him and he took it. So not sure what that quote's about.

Was in the post-match interview in the rooms.

Pendlebury was standing there with a microphone in his left hand. The Chan 7 interviewer holding the Tissot watch said on air "Scotties got a bit of a sore hand so I'll just hold this for him" (ie, instead of presenting it to him). So it must be Pendlebury's right hand that was "sore".

Ah, ok. Apologies. I think I was thinking of the BOG medal presented by what I can only assume were Pratt's after the game.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:14 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
Jesse white is still committed, unfortunately not very good at playing football. I think Grundy in the forward line last quarter might be a sign that he will be the forward to replace white and Witts comes in to be ruckman.

thompsoc wrote:
Structurally it is important to have White
and Gault. For the first time we have a structure and game plan
capable of winning a majority of games.

Agree with both of these comments. However the thrtee-pront tall attack doesn't have to be Cloke, White and Gault. Cloke is a given, but one of the ruckmen should be able to slot in up forward, with Cloke and one of Gault/White as the third tall.

I'd also like to see a centre-bounce setup, just every now and then, with Witts taking the tap, and Grundy, Adams and (say) Crisp at his feet. Grundy's ball-on-ground play is excellent for a big man, and he'd be very hard to match up on. Yes, the two giants are going to be a bit slow by midfield standards, but by jimminy, they are big and strong! A good tactic to work up at training and then just throw in now and again as a set play to confuse and wrong-foot the oppo.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:16 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Sorry it doesn't look like anyone here has mentioned our disposal efficiency - 80%!!! Yes you read that correctly - 80%. Un-fn-believable.

This is what happens when you play a side with language difficulties.* No pressure on the ball carrier = good delivery.

(* Carlton think "tackle" is something that happens when you go out with a line after a few flathead and need an extra sinker, that "block" is a TV show, and that "smother" is the woman who irons your socks before the game and asks if you washed behind your ears.)

Last edited by Tannin on Sat May 02, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:16 pm

in one of pre-match threads, I wrote: Collingwood 120 Carlton 20.
i have got half of it right. Smile
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:01 pm

simon tonna wrote:
I won't be ending my thoughts with " next" . That just reeks of arrogance. But anyway who would of thought a 75 point thrashing was on the cards? The Boys began where they left off on Anzac day and I'm really pleased that they never put the que in the rack like we use to and that comes from enjoyment, fitness and pleasure of winning well.
Not taking anything away from Collingwood but gee what was mm thinking coaching that mob. I almost feel sorry for the old fool.

Next = arrogance..... hmmmmm.... said the same thing after the Adelaide game although the preamble differed markedly.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IF Micks Scum go down next week to the Bears, reckon the ol bloke will be gone by the following Tuesday, at latest, without Kernahan and Swann there now, his days are truly numbered.

I hope not, hope they sign him for another year, he's doing a fantastic job!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:36 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IF Micks Scum go down next week to the Bears, reckon the ol bloke will be gone by the following Tuesday, at latest, without Kernahan and Swann there now, his days are truly numbered.

Nothing short of a 3 year contract will suffice.

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:24 pm

I have noticed a propensity for all of our players to play on to advantage every time we receive a free kick, it's been happening all season, but last night seemed to be so much more obvious. I like the idea, as it gives our players up the ground a chance to compete one on one.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Just been reading the Carlton Fan Site.
Glorious reading and very funny.
No love for MM.
What a shame.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:40 pm

BJ wrote:
I have noticed a propensity for all of our players to play on to advantage every time we receive a free kick, it's been happening all season, but last night seemed to be so much more obvious. I like the idea, as it gives our players up the ground a chance to compete one on one.

Part of our new style game plan - it is called fast footy - PA are masters of this style. At least the coaching panel is learning!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:44 pm

jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I hope they sack him and they hire Voss.

They're just dumb enough to do it you know.

Laughing

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Tannin wrote:
daics aka the ruckman wrote:
Jesse white is still committed, unfortunately not very good at playing football. I think Grundy in the forward line last quarter might be a sign that he will be the forward to replace white and Witts comes in to be ruckman.

thompsoc wrote:
Structurally it is important to have White
and Gault. For the first time we have a structure and game plan
capable of winning a majority of games.

Agree with both of these comments. However the thrtee-pront tall attack doesn't have to be Cloke, White and Gault. Cloke is a given, but one of the ruckmen should be able to slot in up forward, with Cloke and one of Gault/White as the third tall.

I'd also like to see a centre-bounce setup, just every now and then, with Witts taking the tap, and Grundy, Adams and (say) Crisp at his feet. Grundy's ball-on-ground play is excellent for a big man, and he'd be very hard to match up on. Yes, the two giants are going to be a bit slow by midfield standards, but by jimminy, they are big and strong! A good tactic to work up at training and then just throw in now and again as a set play to confuse and wrong-foot the oppo.

White despite his weaknesses at times has more idea of what's required in the forward line overall and is, to my mind, better able to execute those requirements than Witts, who is too one dimensional to play that role successfully at the moment. White's defensive game is good and he is fast to lay tackles that generally stick. I can't see Witts doing that as well. Taking White out and adding Witts slows down the forward structure over all. Personally I'd leave the structure of Cloke, Gault, and White alone and let them continue to develop as a group.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 pm

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I hope they sack him and they hire Voss.

They're just dumb enough to do it you know.

Laughing

Voss would be better than old crusty, I mean he's laid the groundwork for how the Bears are .... As you were, perfect replacement for MM, happy for that to be deferred until the end of 2016 though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: