Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies crush Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxley, Crisp and Ramsey (along with Langdon last year) - "The Readymades". 4 players that flew under the radar till their senior debuts, who look and play like men not boys.

Pie-Scum rivalry meter - just 4 games to level the ledger.
Collingwood 121 wins
Caaarlton 125 wins
Draws 4

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:12 am

dunno bout you lads, but im happy as a pig In shit, and onto my third chivas regal. ha ha ha.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:18 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Fantastic win.

But my Lord, didn't the scum put shame on Malthouse, just a bloody shameful performance, they outta hang there heads in shame.

Really they outta hang their heads in shame for sacking Ratten in the first place. And he was heading Bucks 2-0 by the end of 2012. And since then, 5-0 for Bucks over MM. They got their right whack again tonight.
Sure one could argue that Thoma$, Menzel, Kruezer and Casboult could improve their best 22, but not enough to turn the sinking ship around.

Go Pies, well backed up after Anzac Day. What a solid week indeed.
I think they have earned an easy week on the track as a reward.
The forum will be in Nirvana this week methinks. Surprised

Dyso

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:22 am

Great win against garbage. Many good performances, including Crisp continuing a stellar season.

For me though, the story of our season has been our defensive line: Brown, Frost, Langdon, Oxley, Ramsay, Toovey, Goldsack and even Williams. It's one of the toughest defenses around, and as they spend more time together they're starting to cover for each other and prevent those easy spot up goals we've given away so often over the last couple of years. The coolness and assuredness under pressure of all these players has been absolutely awesome.

Frost's speed sees him able to cover multiple players and close off options late. This used to be Reid's job when he played alongside Brown, but Frost is doing it just as well. Brown is as reliable as ever, he'll shut his man down week in week out. Goldsack has taken Maxwell's role as the floating third man. Ramsay, Toovey and Williams are all hard at it and releasing the ball well under pressure. Langdon and Oxley are using their skills to rebound the ball continually.

Our defense overall is far better than it was last season, but it's our defensive line in particular that is really gelling and performing each week.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:24 am

Great result.

Buckley 5 Mathouse 0

By the way, who were those imposters in the black and white hitting targets by foot at will😄
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:57 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Great win against garbage. Many good performances, including Crisp continuing a stellar season.

For me though, the story of our season has been our defensive line: Brown, Frost, Langdon, Oxley, Ramsay, Toovey, Goldsack and even Williams. It's one of the toughest defenses around, and as they spend more time together they're starting to cover for each other and prevent those easy spot up goals we've given away so often over the last couple of years. The coolness and assuredness under pressure of all these players has been absolutely awesome.

Frost's speed sees him able to cover multiple players and close off options late. This used to be Reid's job when he played alongside Brown, but Frost is doing it just as well. Brown is as reliable as ever, he'll shut his man down week in week out. Goldsack has taken Maxwell's role as the floating third man. Ramsay, Toovey and Williams are all hard at it and releasing the ball well under pressure. Langdon and Oxley are using their skills to rebound the ball continually.

Our defense overall is far better than it was last season, but it's our defensive line in particular that is really gelling and performing each week.

Spot on! Really enjoyed our defensive effort tonight! Brown was taking marks everywhere, Frost was at it in what is becoming a regular feature and can he kick accurately. Loved his acceleration through packs as well.
On the other hand our offensive group with the three talls is still work in progress. If only White can take one of those contested marks!! He does good things but other times he is brushed aside by astute defenders. Young Gault just needs time you can't fault his efforts. Now Elliot is just a champion in the making. If we want to take it up to the top teams we need to be able to score with limited opportunities and we need to get more out of this group.
P.S. Just listening to SEN and Carlton supporters are starting to learn the names of "Oxley, Frost, Ramsey and Langdon" All bottom picks Laughing
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:08 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Who would have thought that our big new players this season would turn out to be Oxley, Ramsey and Crisp? They are all beauties, along with old timers like Frost, Langdon, Williams and Adams.

I just heard Bucks say that Seedsman was taken off more as a precaution than anything else, because he had a bit of hip soreness. Christ I hope he is OK as his first half was sensational.

Karnezis took advantage of his opportunity and should play a full game next week. I haven't seen the stats, but I didn't notice much of Dwyer, so maybe he'll make way for Broomhead's return against the Cats.

I guess the only negatives were the poor showing, again, by White and Gault, though clearly structurally they are fulfilling a role. Somehow I'd prefer to see Witts come in for Gault.

Overall, Bucks should be recognised for the great job he has done moulding this team of youngsters together into a fierce competitive unit. Clearly, the best is yet to come!

Cracking win by the woodsmen!

Agreed on the inclusion of witts as long as he performs in the twos but I'd almost drop white instead of gault. I thought tonight was a good hit out for gault. It gave him 4 qtrs and another lesson.
Jackass posted some telling stats on our three tall forwards and gault hardly did worse than white. With youth and rawness on his side I'd love to see him given another crack at it. And then make an intermediary call, My only question mark would be the loss of mobility and forward pressure without white.

As for Dwyer, He had a cracker first half, watch it again. His problem, as I've said so many times before on here, is that he struggles to run out 4 qtrs. He's a super sub in my opinion. If Dwyer could play 4 qtrs he'd be best 22 in any team.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:25 am

A solid beatdown of a pathetic football team and club. I requested a mortal Kombat finish him attitude tonight and it was shown, great stuff boys.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:51 am

Twisted Evil

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:13 am

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Great team effort, kids continue to impress, Ben Hart needs a bronz statue erected in his honor, next!

I have something erected in his honour.

I'll leave you with this.

Sidebottom, Reid, Greenwood, Broomhead, Witts, Kennedy, Scharenberg, Freeman, De Goey and Moore to name just a few.

.... Plus Sinclair. If his hammies can get right, Sinkers remains a lad with great potential.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:26 am

How must it be being a scum supporter knowing that they are still a rabble whilst the other mob during this period have played played off in consecutive grand finals, rebuilt, been involved in 7 consecutive finals series, won a flag, rebuilt and our now much further ahead of them again.

May it long continue.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:42 am

A complete all of game performance against... not very much at all. Unfortunately the top teams won't be so easy. Still, I thought it was a win to build on. Goldsack down back adds a lot and the kick in drills have certainly improved with him taking them. The current defensive structure shows Keefe is no loss and we look a lot better with him not there. The forward lines are playing with more purpose and some structure has finally appeared this season there also - about time. I like the kid Gault, with some development he will be good, and Grundy showed again why Witts will never be our number one ruckman (nothing against him though - Grundy is just much better).

And the night brought out a great Cometti line also - one for the ages - "Cloke's got the ball and lining up for goal. The odds are good but sometimes the goods are odd." Laughing

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:13 am

I'm not getting carried away with this result. For as good as we were tonight the scum were diabolical.
The pluses for mine are the constant effort on effort of the younger players.
We expect players like Pendles, Elliott and alike to give multiple efforts because of more experience but the young group show they want to be part of the future and realise the required level.
Our manic pressure is exhausting but if we get a good run with injuries we have plenty in the sheds to come in.
It might be a case of horses for courses with some minor changes each week to keep players a bit fresher.
Personally I would like Gault to stay he is a work in progress but he plays a role taking a tall away from Cloke.
15 goal kickers the second most in AFL history shows we play a very focused team orientated team first game which is the Hawks strength.
We are not at the promised land yet but all signs are we are heading there.
Hats off to Crisp who has been a great get and fitted very nicely into our mid field.
We have only played Adelaide and Essendon that could be considered "decent" sides but we whacked a couple others.
49 points last week 45 points tonight I think this is the most decisive stat. Our defence is very well organised at the moment. Frost and Langdon are beauties and Tooves & Brownie add that bit of experience. I wouldn't mind if we tried White down back at times just to see how he goes or maybe up on a wing.
Well the cats next week and they won't be as easy as that mob last night. If we bring the same level of run and effort we have there measure with there old legs.

Finally a special mention to Bucks. While you aren't over the line yet for a new contract you have certainly shown enough early on to suggest you have the playing group all pulling in the same direction and working off the same sheet which is a huge plus.
On a separate note our president Eddie tonight showed why he is a class act.
He was interviewed by Dermie in the sheds post game and he was very open that MM contributed to the pies over all his years. He said it wasn't just building a football team it was rebuilding a club and culture. I'm no MM fan in fact I'm in the don't like the guy bunch but credit to him for this.
Eddie said and I quote " as soon as Mick's finished with Carlton he is welcome back at the magpies anytime"
Fair call Eddie he was a premiership coach and in 5 years time would be great to see him at the 10yr reunion with Maxy and the lads.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:03 am

Piesnchess wrote:
dunno bout you lads, but im happy as a pig In shit, and onto my third chivas regal. ha ha ha.

Bottle?

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:15 am

The four points are ours. Malthouse won't be coaching Carlton by years end. It's always been about him and his team played like it was. Our game wasn't the greatest in some areas but defensively we are getting a solid unit together a lot of upside. We have a team of goers who have a crack and that's where Buckley deserves praise. A week at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: