Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match: Pies crush Blues. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
That was a murderation!It could have been over 100 points if we had taken more of our chances up forward.And how good are our young defenders like Ramsey,Oxley,Williams and Langdon?So cool under pressure.

And is Bruce a closet Carlton supporter?I could hear him sighing and clicking his tongue when Carlton made a mistake,which was quite often tonight. Smile

Well he hasn't come out and said it

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:15 am

A tremendous 4 quarter effort.

By the quality of our outs it's clear to see that it is all about structures within a solid team framework. Sidebottom is our next best player (behind you know who) but we've covered his loss with everyone pitching in and that is a massive pat on the back for our entire list.

Crispy is a beauty, Frost as per usual, Brown was as steady as, Langdon played his standard solid game and a really good display was put forward by Marley Williams.

Plenty to like about tonight especially the display of our skipper. Forget MM's record and his all time best ever side. How anyone could not pick Scott Pendlebury in any best of side is beyond me? Pendlebury is a modern day great and one of the best Pies players ever and his game tonight just reinforced that.
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:15 am

Never saw that score line coming. Great night at the Cammy and great to clearly hear the Collingwood chant. Carlton weren't in the same league tonight. Looks like Gruindy's going to keep our boy Witts out for a while now - 9 tackles and competitive all game.

Bucks has got the boys playing for each other and the team. Loved it when Frosty told Ox to get off the field when he couldn't get his boot on. You won't get the smile off my face this weekend,

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 am

Very impressive win. Crushing the arch rival by 75 points is what footy is all about. Thoroughly enjoyed that one. The effort was there for 4 quarters, this is a great sign that we can maintain intensity for long periods now. Our defence really is looking strong this year, we are not giving up many goal to goal ball movement streams from the opposition which is pleasing, shows we are defending all over the ground these days. If we can just get the young Cloke boy to kick straight then anything is possible.

Top effort and a pretty poor one from the Blues, but who cares!

And to think we still have Sidey, Sharenberg, Freeman, Sinclair, Kennedy, Greenwood, Reid and Witts pushing for selection.

MONCO: Your life.
Az 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:21 am

Top of the ladder (albeit for the meantime) with a very healthy percentage.

HAPPY DAYS!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 am

doriswilgus wrote:
That was a murderation!It could have been over 100 points if we had taken more of our chances up forward.And how good are our young defenders like Ramsey,Oxley,Williams and Langdon?So cool under pressure.

And is Bruce a closet Carlton supporter?I could hear him sighing and clicking his tongue when Carlton made a mistake,which was quite often tonight. Smile

as a broadcaster i am sure he would have wanted a better quality game.

we looked clinical in parts and this reminded me of our 2010/11 years.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 am

Just got home - very happy! How good was the kicking to players on the lead tonight - best I've seen in ages from us, Geelong like. Happy to kick to a contest knowing that they'll kick to our advantage and more than likely to take the mark - Oxley and Goldsack time and time again.

Very happy with the performance but I agree with others - not much competition. BUT you can only beat the team you're up against, and if we only beat Geelong by 35 points I'll still be happy!

GO PIES!
- Ben
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:31 am

Grundy's Work Up Forward in last Qtr was really Great to See, The he can go Forward and Kick a Goal
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:33 am

Just started on the replay. As they come out Dennis' says Lachie Henderson, will be interesting to see where he plays. Not really Dennis - bloody hell I'm going to enjoy the replay. Great effort. Great pressure. Pendlebury for the Brownlow - lock it in Ed. How screwed are Carlton: a Who cares b for a long, long time, c who? D how sweet it is ... I may have to use a life line here Ed
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:38 am

Az wrote:
Top of the ladder (albeit for the meantime) with a very healthy percentage.

HAPPY DAYS!

Yeah, 22-23% increase on the back of that effort and the best % of all teams, happy with that.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:39 am

Happy DAYS to you too, jackcass.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:44 am

I'm not sure best win, but bloody good one. The only thing that tarnished it was the opposition! I particularly liked how good we were kicking to leading players on the wing, and trusting them to win one on one's. We looked like a very very good team tonight. The test will be next week.

-Ben
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:47 am

Who would have thought that our big new players this season would turn out to be Oxley, Ramsey and Crisp? They are all beauties, along with old timers like Frost, Langdon, Williams and Adams.

I just heard Bucks say that Seedsman was taken off more as a precaution than anything else, because he had a bit of hip soreness. Christ I hope he is OK as his first half was sensational.

Karnezis took advantage of his opportunity and should play a full game next week. I haven't seen the stats, but I didn't notice much of Dwyer, so maybe he'll make way for Broomhead's return against the Cats.

I guess the only negatives were the poor showing, again, by White and Gault, though clearly structurally they are fulfilling a role. Somehow I'd prefer to see Witts come in for Gault.

Overall, Bucks should be recognised for the great job he has done moulding this team of youngsters together into a fierce competitive unit. Clearly, the best is yet to come!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:51 am

To be honest, I think one reason for our much improved disposal efficiency tonight, was the lack of real pressure applied by Carlton.

It was nowhere near one of our best wins, but it was a good win nonetheless. All we can do is knock over who is thrown at us each week. Bring on the Cats.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:00 am

That was the most fun i've had with my pants on for a very long time. A great big far kew to Metro Trains for the utterly piss poor service on the Hurstbridge line, waiting for 30 minutes after the game for a train is a fkn joke.

Very happy with how things played out. Only early in the season and we've played some average teams but you can only beat what's put in front of you and I seriously love the effort.

Oh, Rudie, watch the replay and focus on Gault. He may not win first possession as much as he should, which to my mind is purely a confidence thing, he doesn't think he belongs yet and doesn't attack the ball as he could, but look at his 2nd and 3rd efforts and the way he brings others into the play. He's a fricken 2 metre midfielder and will only get better with exposure at this level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: