Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game on - Pies v. Blues - Late changes, comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larabee 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Cloke is kicking from 50+m out and on an angle, we'll be ok. Comfortable win approaching. I can feel it in me bones.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Larabee wrote:
As long as Cloke is kicking from 50+m out and on an angle, we'll be ok. Comfortable win approaching. I can feel it in me bones.

We need a like button!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:19 pm

I can understand why people are feeling nervous about this game,given our past history with this mob,but really if you look at their team,it's hard to see where they can hurt us.I feel if we turn up with the same intensity as we did last week we should win comfortably.But it all depends on us,which Collingwood turns up on the night.I don't think Carlton have enough weapons to win on their own merits.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:32 pm

doriswilgus, the problem is that in the past I have gone to games against the scum with these very thoughts and then we have got our arses kicked.
However I do agree that if the "aggressive at the ball and relentlessly pressure the opposition" Collingwood turn up, it will be easier to watch. Cool

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:45 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I can understand why people are feeling nervous about this game,given our past history with this mob,but really if you look at their team,it's hard to see where they can hurt us.I feel if we turn up with the same intensity as we did last week we should win comfortably.But it all depends on us,which Collingwood turns up on the night.I don't think Carlton have enough weapons to win on their own merits.

Their midfield is probably better than ours. Always gives us trouble: Judd, Murphy, Simpson, Gibbs.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Just watching "Last time they met".... I'll take a repeat of that performance thank you very much!

Got a good feeling about tonight. As others have said, despite not necessarily playing the cream of the crop yet, I still have confidence in our structures and ability to counter whatever stupidity the filth throw at us.

I'm also not at all convinced that they play "for Mick" like we used to... so not convinced they'll be as up and about as many think.

We shall see I guess.

And yep, I remember dreading playing them too. Seemed to always find a way to lose..... but last 4 in a row have helped to erase those horrible guy feelings!

Go Pies.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:55 pm

The pressure is on them to perform. We have to be relentless and smash them with our belief , Elliot to turn it on.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Pies by 5 goals, but I'll take the 4 points however they come.

I'm watching the round 15 game from last year and amazingly we will have 10 different players line up tonight from what was our best available 22 last time.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Smash these pricks.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I have a feeling either witts or degoey might come in, depending on conditions or whatever. Bit puzzled by the scums changes, that casboult is a good mark, and carazzos dropping is a big surprise, though Judd had to come in I guess.
Pies by around 34 points, after a bit of a tough game.

have you seen Casboult's kicking for goal? It is HORRIFIC. He makes T.Cloke look like Darren Jarman in front of the sticks.

Laughing Still he could have had an exceptional night and we could have been on the end of it! I'm glad he is out.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Pies by 10 goals.
Goals:
Collingwood:
3) Cloke, Elliott
2) White, Gault, Karnezis
1) Varcoe, Blair, Swan, Dwyer, Pendlebury, Seedsman, Grundy, Adams

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl'n:
3) Henderson
2) Gibbs
1) Judd, Murphy, Cripps, Wood, Jones

I don't honestly see them having enough scoring power to beat us. They have some decent players but at the moment, we have a decent TEAM, all playing for each other, right across the ground. I'd love to see a Langdon bomb from outside 50m for a goal.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Lazza wrote:
Very nervous about this game. Gut feeling is that it wont be a good result. Something tells me that MM will have all guns blazing at us and that we will wilt, especially our defence. Obviously I hope that I'm wrong.

Exactly Lazza, just like me been on the end of those pr$%ks for years, we are scared for life! Still I'm hoping we kill em today!
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:05 pm

Born to Pie wrote:
Pies by 5 goals, but I'll take the 4 points however they come.

I'm watching the round 15 game from last year and amazingly we will have 10 different players line up tonight from what was our best available 22 last time.

Something tells me that will be a common theme this year. At least 8 different last week but probably more.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:10 pm

swanny to play. pies by 7+ goals.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Far out I'm nervous about this match! We're a much better side than Carlton and if we dish up what we produced last week against Essendon this game should be won by a comfortable margin but this is Carlton and I've seen Carlton win matches against us when they were severe underdogs. The most notable matches that comes to mind in the last decade or so was round 3 2002 (Carlton were wooden spooners that year), round 4 2008 and round 15 2012 so I can never relax against this team.

I'm really hoping Swan plays but assuming he's a last minute withdrawal then I would be happy to see De Goey in the side. It will be interesting to see if Bucks starts Karnezis this time but I have a feeling he'll be the sub this week again especially as the VFL side only played just last Sunday.

I'm anxious about this and I wouldn't be surprised if Carlton get a fast start especially with Mick's recording breaking milestone as coach but as the hype fades throughout the match we'll work our way into this and hopefully obtain our fourth victory. Win this and I think we'll be sitting 2nd on the ladder which is a terrific way to start the year!

GO PIES! Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26   

Jump to: