Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We're (still) in the FOUR.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of the next 4 will we REALISTICALLY win?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view the season so far is very similar to last year around the same time. We have more wins than expected and the majority of people have under rated us. Our young defence is playing tight tough footy and making it hard to score. We are winning with pressure whilst still kicking the ball back to our opponents. We still have trouble scoring.

This year we have an easier draw and if we can have a good run with injuries you could argue more than eleven wins is probable. With so many young players there will probably be a drop off at some stage. Port went through the same thing in 2013. Their season started with the draw from heaven and they built confidence through that period. They fell right away in the second half of the year but recovered some what to win a final. Last year they started well again and sustained the early form for much longer before falling away again. They recovered once again but last year they found their second wind earlier and came flying home.

We will gradually introduce kids as the year goes on and I am hoping with a good injury run we can be consistently competitive through at least two thirds of the season. Clearly when we come up against classy, experienced teams on dry decks we will struggle but maybe snatch some surprise wins here or there. But until we have some of our most talented recruits and kicks integrated into the team with games under their belt we won't get to the top four.

As a long time supporter I have always held to the theory there are two phases that makes being a supporter worthwhile. One of those was obviously during times like 2010 and 2011 when you go each week and expect to win and have strong hope of ultimate glory. The other phase is the phase we have begun since this pre season. When your list and development has turned the corner and the only way is up. When watching the young players show glimpses of the future is what gives you hope. When you know your team better than supporters of other clubs and you can see what is coming. We are in good hands.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 am

eddiesmith wrote:
We should be 10-1 by the time the bye arrives, for GWS and Melbourne to be the toughest 2 teams we face in the next 7 weeks, it's a bloody soft draw

Who thought you be saying that this year

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:55 am

Yes we have a great draw on paper for the first half of the season but the reality is we'll drop one or two that everyone on here now expects us to win. Injuries have hit us but no worse than several other clubs really. The positive here is that if we get our injury bad-luck out of the way before the turn and have a reasonable run in the second half it gives us no excuses when we come up against the big guns, hopefully with a very close to full strength list that's chock full of confidence.
pablo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:10 am

perthmagpie wrote:

As a long time supporter I have always held to the theory there are two phases that makes being a supporter worthwhile. One of those was obviously during times like 2010 and 2011 when you go each week and expect to win and have strong hope of ultimate glory. The other phase is the phase we have begun since this pre season. When your list and development has turned the corner and the only way is up. When watching the young players show glimpses of the future is what gives you hope. When you know your team better than supporters of other clubs and you can see what is coming. We are in good hands.

Couldn't agree more! The most satisfying thing about 2010 was 2008 and 2009! The most satisfying thing about our 2017 premiership is right now people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PIES

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 am

And freo are April premier 👏👏👏
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Very Happy And the Tigers are 9th!! Razz
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:25 am

Hope our easy draw doesn't mask the cracks.

Also I hope by getting these wins we don't half cock our rebuild I would of preferred to get another top 5 pick this year and expose as much talent to AFL footy as plausible.
This also would of allowed us to get Weideman in the early 20s which from what I have heard is about where he is rated.
Next year is the year I would of tried to stabilise a best 22 which should include 5 top 10 picks.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 am

isn't it nice to be looking down on the dawks for this week at least, suck it you glenferrie leaf blowers.

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 am

loki04 wrote:
Hope our easy draw doesn't mask the cracks.

Also I hope by getting these wins we don't half cock our rebuild I would of preferred to get another top 5 pick this year and expose as much talent to AFL footy as plausible.
This also would of allowed us to get Weideman in the early 20s which from what I have heard is about where he is rated.
Next year is the year I would of tried to stabilise a best 22 which should include 5 top 10 picks.

You can only play the teams you're drawn to play. We all know the teams deficiencies and they'll surface during the season. Happy for the team to keep winning as that to me provides much better development opportunities for the kids we've already got.
princem007 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:39 pm
Post subject: Pies sit atop of ladder :)Reply with quote

Who would have thought after 5 rounds hey. maybe short lived as freo yet to play but let's enjoy for a day.

Beamsy must be happy at Brisbane ??? Lion's rock bottom on ladder! Hahahahahaha

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Yes a great sight.

Ok we have beaten the 3 bottom sides - but we beat them well and have given our percentage a healthy kick along. We also beat the Bummers who were in good form and are a finals contender.

The draw has been good to give the young guys a feel for what is required. The next phase over the next month is to carry that form on against teams who fancied at the start of the year to make the 8. We can win them all but as long as we bring the intensity we will be int he mix.

Beams has not been missed which is a credit to the other players such as Crisp, Seeedsman, Oxley and others who have stepped up, especially given the absence of Greenwood and Sidey!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Time to get under the nana blanket, make some soup and politely with a slightly raised voice say "Go Dees".
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:38 pm

freo only has two on the bench with pav and walters off, the latter subbed in the first quarter. there is a glimmer of hope for the dees.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:48 pm

^^^ The Dees had better start making their run, soon, JW - they're 5 goals behind half way through the third quarter. I think we may have to content ourselves with being second at the end of the round.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Code:
#    Team           Pl.  W.   L.     %       Points.

1    Fremantle      5    5    0    151.1       20
2    Collingwood    5    4    1    147.5       16
3    W.  Bulldogs   5    4    1    104.8       16
4    Hawthorn       5    3    2    149.9       12

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: