Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarko - in strife again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I must have seen a different video. I'm not sure how a left arm roundhouse swing could be called a push, forceful or otherwise.

When did you grow a vagina? Razz

Grow one for me too! Razz I have found them in short supply of late! Wink

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 am

Woods wrote:
Wokko wrote:
There's a line. When it's a bunch of people at a pub then sure, go nuts, yell at each other and have a laugh. But this is someone walking down a street and having someone come right up into his face and shout. Obviously Clarko went into fight or flight mode and gave the guy a short punch/shove.

If I was in my Pies gear as a 'normal' fan and someone got right up in my face as I walked to the train/car and shouted "Go Blues" at me after a loss I'd do exactly the same thing.

The guy is just lucky that Clarko is a manlet who punches like a girl Laughing

I understand your point of view. But please understand mine.

What I'm drawing attention to is the contradiction in values that people are holding simultaneously on this Anzac weekend - a reverence to all things Anzac (including their larrikinism) and a condemnation of two present day larrikins in Adelaide.

To put it another way: Imagine two Anzac diggers on leave in London during WWI. They are walking down Pall Mall in London giving cheek to passing poms. They look ahead and see the commander of British forces General Haigh approaching them. The Aussies go close up to him and shout, "How'd the win on the Somme go, Haighy!" The general physically attacks them.

Who does one support? Depends on your values, but you can't support Haigh without also supporting Clarkson. And you can't support the Anzac diggers without supporting the blokes in Adelaide.

No, General HAIG would have motioned to the military police behind him and the two dickheads would have been up on a charge. Then the two dickhead's CO would have thrown the book at them. Acting like a stupid disrespectful self centred idiot in any time was not okay. I think Clarkson is really not much better than the bogan who harrassed him. He is a senior AFL Coach and ought to show more self control than he did. Its bogans on parade where ever you look in this incident.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:45 am

Woods wrote:
Wokko wrote:
There's a line. When it's a bunch of people at a pub then sure, go nuts, yell at each other and have a laugh. But this is someone walking down a street and having someone come right up into his face and shout. Obviously Clarko went into fight or flight mode and gave the guy a short punch/shove.

If I was in my Pies gear as a 'normal' fan and someone got right up in my face as I walked to the train/car and shouted "Go Blues" at me after a loss I'd do exactly the same thing.

What I'm drawing attention to is the contradiction in values that people are holding simultaneously on this Anzac weekend - a reverence to all things Anzac (including their larrikinism) and a condemnation of two present day larrikins in Adelaide.

To put it another way: Imagine two Anzac diggers on leave in London during WWI. They are walking down Pall Mall in London giving cheek to passing poms. They look ahead and see the commander of British forces General Haigh approaching them. The Aussies go close up to him and shout, "How'd the win on the Somme go, Haighy!" The general physically attacks them.

Who does one support? Depends on your values, but you can't support Haigh without also supporting Clarkson. And you can't support the Anzac diggers without supporting the blokes in Adelaide.

Oh give me a break for faarks sake. There is no comparison here to Anzac and no contradiction in values. What a stupid thing to say. If there is a Larakin in the story it's Clarko. I wouldn't put up with a moron like that in my face. Especially after doing it for 50 metres and he'd been told three times to FO. Anyone dumb enough to poke the bear when you know he's got a short fuse is very f@ckin dumb

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:05 am

at the end of the day, I don't think clarko is used too losing, and cant handle a bit of stirring after a loss. Let us hope he has to get more and more used to losing as his piss and poo mob age and retire champion players. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:
at the end of the day, I don't think clarko is used too losing, and cant handle a bit of stirring after a loss. Let us hope he has to get more and more used to losing as his piss and poo mob age and retire champion players. LOL

There's a difference between being subjected to stirring (or banter) and being accosted, annoyed and provoked by loud mouthed, loose pissed up bogans who without the assistance of liquid courage would slink back to their worthless existences as the nothings and nobodies they are.

I'm with Clarko. There's enough dickheads in society, and all he did was put one back in his place. Well played.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:55 am

swoop42 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

The tool got what he deserved and it wasn't much at all.

Honestly the way everything is blown out of proportion these days by this 24/7 media is ridiculous.

People don't have the right to act in that way and get in peoples faces yelling and making contact just because someone is a public figure.

Really couldn't be bothered commenting so Swoops will do.
Whole things a joke, no afl footballer, coach etc will want anything to do with the public.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:39 am

I think the real issue is Clarksons mental state. He's a repeat offender and needs some serious help.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 am

Not sure why this has to be so black and white. People handle things differently. Clarko was slightly aggressive in getting his message across while some would've peed their pants and just hoped he'd go away. It's obvious this drunken yobbo didn't want to listen to simple requests to back off so there are no other options. I'd have sympathy for both reactions.

Ok, sorry, I'd probably laugh at the peeing of pants Laughing Razz

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 am

Damien wrote:
Woods wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Oh give me a break for faarks sake. There is no comparison here to Anzac and no contradiction in values. What a stupid thing to say. If there is a Larakin in the story it's Clarko. I wouldn't put up with a moron like that in my face. Especially after doing it for 50 metres and he'd been told three times to FO. Anyone dumb enough to poke the bear when you know he's got a short fuse is very f@ckin dumb

No, Clarkson did not act as a larrikin. He was violent assailant and larrikinism is not violent. It can be outrageous yes, but not violent.

Now if you've got any reasoned argument to put to refute my postulation say so, but I think you are being more emotionally reactive than rational.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 am

Keep drawing on that long bow you dill. Comparing a couple of drunk f'wits from Adelaide to our ANZACs is sacrilege.

Hiss would be turning in his grave if he was dead.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am

So let me get this right, according to a lot of posts here, next time i'm at the footy and the guy behind me is leaning forward into my space cheering on his team to get a rise out of opposition fans and yelling in my ear I have every right to turn and hit (bullshit to the shove notion) him in the throat?

Poor form from both parties IMO.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:37 am

As much as I cant stand Clarko, I think the AFL should have supplied better security here, coaches shouldn't be put in this position. Gillion will be off to the solarium this morning with concern on his brow.

www.facebook/the hybernators
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ THIS, Bucks just would have given the jerk a death stare like Julie bishop, and moved on, in his dignified manner.

Yep.

He needs to check out the signs at his kids footy club, the ones about supporter, parents behaviour.....oh wait!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Damien wrote:
Asked him to get out of his space several times and the tool didn't. He should be very grateful that he's not nursing a broken jaw. Good restraint shown by Clarkson. And it was a push, not a punch drama queens.

Seriously?

Wow I guess all those AFL one punch hero adverts are really getting through. Um, you do get it says not to smack someone in the face?

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 pm

seems many people here condone violence Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: