Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarko - in strife again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to wait for someone to attack you to physically defend yourself. No case to answer, the idiots should write a letter of apology.
mosig 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Legally or morally?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Funny thing is that after a weekend of people wrapping themselves in the flag in tribute to the Anzacs, in which larrikinism is considered revered quality, a couple of larrikins in Adelaide cause a bit of a verbal incident and everyone condemns them.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:43 pm

mosig wrote:
Legally or morally?

Both.

“The question to be asked in the end is quite simple. It is whether the accused believed upon reasonable grounds that it was necessary in self-defence to do what he did. If he had that belief and there were reasonable grounds for it, or if the jury is left in reasonable doubt about the matter, then he is entitled to an acquittal. Stated in this form, the question is one of general application and is not limited to cases of homicide.”

That's from a High Court ruling. Someone getting in my face and shouting at me aggressively would put me in a position where I would believe I was under imminent threat of attack and would act accordingly. Clarkson did exactly that and what he did would also not come under 'excessive defense' because he didn't beat the crap out of the bloke, or even strike him with enough force to do any kind of damage.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Woods wrote:
Funny thing is that after a weekend of people wrapping themselves in the flag in tribute to the Anzacs, in which larrikinism is considered revered quality, a couple of larrikins in Adelaide cause a bit of a verbal incident and everyone condemns them.

In the days of 'larrikins', shouting at someone like that would get you KO'd by another 'larrikin'.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

All I saw was a pissed nuisance harassing a sober little bloke with a defensive mind set. Three cheers to the little guy.
mosig 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Wokko wrote:
mosig wrote:
Legally or morally?

Both.

“The question to be asked in the end is quite simple. It is whether the accused believed upon reasonable grounds that it was necessary in self-defence to do what he did. If he had that belief and there were reasonable grounds for it, or if the jury is left in reasonable doubt about the matter, then he is entitled to an acquittal. Stated in this form, the question is one of general application and is not limited to cases of homicide.”

That's from a High Court ruling. Someone getting in my face and shouting at me aggressively would put me in a position where I would believe I was under imminent threat of attack and would act accordingly. Clarkson did exactly that and what he did would also not come under 'excessive defense' because he didn't beat the crap out of the bloke, or even strike him with enough force to do any kind of damage.

What's your thoughts about the AFL spruiking his side of events?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Wokko wrote:
Woods wrote:

In the days of 'larrikins', shouting at someone like that would get you KO'd by another 'larrikin'.

No. An essential feature of larrikinism is that it is boisterous, noisy and goodhearted,not violent.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 pm

There's a line. When it's a bunch of people at a pub then sure, go nuts, yell at each other and have a laugh. But this is someone walking down a street and having someone come right up into his face and shout. Obviously Clarko went into fight or flight mode and gave the guy a short punch/shove.

If I was in my Pies gear as a 'normal' fan and someone got right up in my face as I walked to the train/car and shouted "Go Blues" at me after a loss I'd do exactly the same thing.

The guy is just lucky that Clarko is a manlet who punches like a girl Laughing
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Wokko wrote:
There's a line. When it's a bunch of people at a pub then sure, go nuts, yell at each other and have a laugh. But this is someone walking down a street and having someone come right up into his face and shout. Obviously Clarko went into fight or flight mode and gave the guy a short punch/shove.

If I was in my Pies gear as a 'normal' fan and someone got right up in my face as I walked to the train/car and shouted "Go Blues" at me after a loss I'd do exactly the same thing.

I understand your point of view. But please understand mine.

What I'm drawing attention to is the contradiction in values that people are holding simultaneously on this Anzac weekend - a reverence to all things Anzac (including their larrikinism) and a condemnation of two present day larrikins in Adelaide.

To put it another way: Imagine two Anzac diggers on leave in London during WWI. They are walking down Pall Mall in London giving cheek to passing poms. They look ahead and see the commander of British forces General Haigh approaching them. The Aussies go close up to him and shout, "How'd the win on the Somme go, Haighy!" The general physically attacks them.

Who does one support? Depends on your values, but you can't support Haigh without also supporting Clarkson. And you can't support the Anzac diggers without supporting the blokes in Adelaide.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 pm

I must have seen a different video. I'm not sure how a left arm roundhouse swing could be called a push, forceful or otherwise.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Wokko wrote:

Had to google manlet - words like winsy, tiny & douche came up.
I tips me lids to ya good sir, spot on comparison.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Agree with Leigh Matthews.

The Dickhead was lucky not to get KO’ed to Next Week

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:21 pm

The Manlet has 3 fags...

Edit: I meant Flags, LOL!

And also, I agree with what Clarko did, the douche bag deserved it & was doing it to get a reaction which is why it was taped...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I must have seen a different video. I'm not sure how a left arm roundhouse swing could be called a push, forceful or otherwise.

When did you grow a vagina? Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: