Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarko - in strife again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Asked him to get out of his space several times and the tool didn't. He should be very grateful that he's not nursing a broken jaw. Good restraint shown by Clarkson. And it was a push, not a punch drama queens.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Much ado about nothing.

The tool got what he deserved and it wasn't much at all.

Honestly the way everything is blown out of proportion these days by this 24/7 media is ridiculous.

People don't have the right to act in that way and get in peoples faces yelling and making contact just because someone is a public figure.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Clarko has nothing to answer for. Why should he. He was minding his own business going back to his hotel when he was confronted by three drunk idiots who berated and pushed for a reaction. Well they certainly got it and were probably lucky they weren't all knocked out. Dickheads should apologize.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Yes the drunken yobbo was in clarko's face but hypothetically speaking what if he lost his balance after being struck by clarko's (due to being drunk) and hit his head on path and got a brain injury.

It's not appropriate for anyone to put their hands on anyone else in an aggressive manner under any circumstances.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:40 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Clarko has nothing to answer for. Why should he. He was minding his own business going back to his hotel when he was confronted by three drunk idiots who berated and pushed for a reaction. Well they certainly got it and were probably lucky they weren't all knocked out. Dickheads should apologize.

Clarko threw an arm at the clown, so he does have something to answer for.

Yes the dickhead was pushing for a reaction and I personally think a smack to the face would be deserved response. But thats just not how it works and someone who is feted as being so smart and a great teacher as Clarkson is should be able to behave better under pressure. Poor effort, he deserves to be investigated.

If I smacked everyone who gave me the shits I'd need new hands, the original ones would be worn out and broken.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm

taff wa wrote:
Yes the drunken yobbo was in clarko's face but hypothetically speaking what if he lost his balance after being struck by clarko's (due to being drunk) and hit his head on path and got a brain injury.

It's not appropriate for anyone to put their hands on anyone else in an aggressive manner under any circumstances.

Wrong. the tool was effectively assaulting Clarkson. He asked the guy to go away 3-4 times. When he didn't and they knew had been drinking he has a right to defend himself. I assume you advocate bullies who use verbL assault too??

Filming the whole thing only confirms these morons did it deliberately. I want to see anyone do nothing when they have a complete f-wit not only in their personal space but screaming at you and stopping you getting where you want to go. Remember the person fming is in front of Clarkson. Show some bloody respect.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm

If the other person is acting aggressively towards and instigates you then you have every right to defend yourself or someone else.

What Clarkson did was in proportion to the threat and that is the key.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Judging by the video it wasn't, anything else is hearsay at this stage.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:50 pm

[quote="GoWoodsmen"][quote="taff wa"]Yes the drunken yobbo was in clarko's face but hypothetically speaking what if he lost his balance after being struck by clarko's (due to being drunk) and hit his head on path and got a brain injury.

It's not appropriate for anyone to put their hands on anyone else in an aggressive manner under any circumstances.[/quote]

Wrong. the tool was effectively assaulting Clarkson. He asked the guy to go away 3-4 times. When he didn't and they knew had been drinking he has a right to defend himself. I assume you advocate bullies who use verbL assault too??

Filming the whole thing only confirms these morons did it deliberately. I want to see anyone do nothing when they have a complete f-wit not only in their personal space but screaming at you and stopping you getting where you want to go. Remember the person fming is in front of Clarkson. Show some bloody respect.[/quote]

Yes the drunk was wrong with what he did but so was Clarkson. Common sense tells me It would have been more sensible to just have ignored him each and every time he got close. Like I wrote if the drunk had lost balance and hit his head and was injured Clarkson may well have found himself in trouble. Clarko is no saint.

Also if so wrong, tell me when it is appropriate to put hands aggressively on another person. IMO that is called assault.

Last edited by taff wa on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Not sure what video you were watching but Clarkson hardly struck him with force and has every right to walk along a path and not expect to have some drunken yobbo screwing in his ear and bumping into him.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 pm

taff wa wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
taff wa wrote:

Filming the whole thing only confirms these morons did it deliberately. I want to see anyone do nothing when they have a complete f-wit not only in their personal space but screaming at you and stopping you getting where you want to go. Remember the person fming is in front of Clarkson. Show some bloody respect.

Yes the drunk was wrong with what he did but so was Clarkson. Common sense tells me It would have been more sensible to just have ignored him each and every time he got close. Like I wrote if the drunk had lost balance and hit his head and was injured Clarkson may well have found himself in trouble. Clarko is no saint.

What if Carko had ignored the tool and turned his back and kept on walking and the guy decided to make an even bigger hero out of himself and belt him while he wasn't looking ala what happened to Pendles pre season a couple of years back?

Anyway instead of focusing on the improbables let's focus on the facts. Dickhead gets in coaches face in an obnoxious manner and coach shoves (not punches) dickhead away. Message was received by dickhead and no one was hurt.

Issue should be dead and buried but due to the insistence on turning bugger all into news these days it isn't, and the nanny's and moral police who infest todays society feel the need to make nothing into something to make themselves feel significant.

Let the non event die like the non event it is.
taff wa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:01 pm

[quote="swoop42"]Not sure what video you were watching but Clarkson hardly struck him with force and has every right to walk along a path and not expect to have some drunken yobbo screwing in his ear and bumping into him.[/quote]

hardly struck him. The strength of it is irrelevant. Well why doesn't clarko lodge a complaint with the SA police seeing he was being violated. Clarko has no sympathy from me when he is well known for his aggro and neither does the stupid drunk who instigated the incident. There are many incidents when high profile people get abused both by sober and drunken idiots and they don't react like he did last night.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Clarko is like all small men of history, Napoleon, Hitler, Tojo, ol bob hawke, johnny howard, all angry little ants with chips on shoulders.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 pm

no case to answer, basically pushed him out of the way. What right does anyone have to stop you or impede you from peacefully walking down the street?
mosig 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:54 pm

5150 wrote:
no case to answer, basically pushed him out of the way. What right does anyone have to stop you or impede you from peacefully walking down the street?

While I agree the antagonist was a tool and Clarko shouldn't have done what he did, the fact the AFL has Clarkson on the half time show of the Roos / Cats game giving what looked like a legal trained account of what happened is very very dodgy by the AFL. This is potentially a incident that will end up in court - to half only one side of the event told on a high reach national broadcast is pretty sketchy by the AFL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: