Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Clarko - in strife again

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I must have seen a different video. I'm not sure how a left arm roundhouse swing could be called a push, forceful or otherwise.

When did you grow a vagina? Razz

Post of the week Smile genuinely made me laugh out loud!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Has he been arrested yet?Clarko that is,not Stui.What he does in the privacy of his own basement is his business,i'm not going to judge. Laughing
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 pm

I am sure many Power fans are lower than pond scum.

The way he was in Clarkson's face, lucky Clarkson didn't put him on his arse.

I would have smashed the drunken yobbo myself.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:43 pm

As usual Caro's more right than Robbo on this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

And then if the drunken dickwad fell backwards, hit his head on the concrete footpath and died, you'd expect to not get gaol time?

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:

And then if the drunken dickwad fell backwards, hit his head on the concrete footpath and died, you'd expect to not get gaol time?

BS, Don't bring the PC crap in here.

Clarkson is entitled to defend himself, what about he glassed Clarkson?

Take your rose coloured glasses off.

Bet if it was a mate of yours, or Pies player or coach, you would have a different view.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

PC Crap? Me? Well FMD. Shocked

of course Clarkson is entitled to defend himself. Can you point to the exact bit in the video where he was attacked? what if he glassed him? He'd need to have a glass in his hand first wouldn't he?

If it was a mate of mine i would say the tool earned it, but it was a bit too much. For a senior football coach earning around $1m per year to be held to the same behavioural expectations ads the average yobbo is a tad rich methinks.

Clarkson could have dealt with that situation so much better than what he did and he should have.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 pm

^I am with Stui. We PC, vagina-wielders both agree that Clarkson should have proceeded to walk away for the few metres it would have taken to get in to the hotel.

As annoying as that bloke was, a senior AFL coach shouldn't be walking around whacking people (drunk irritating idiots though they may be) nor probably plaster walls of coaches boxes (although I must confess to have been guilty of that myself), nor abusing umpires at under age football. It's not a good look and could have ended much worse than it did. Clarkson has a demonstrated inability to deal with his anger appropriately at times.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Poke bear.

Poke bear.

Poke bear.

Ouch! The bear bit me. Bad bear!

I know a lot of you guys hate Clarkson, Hawthorn and everything they stand for and that's fair enough. But this stuff about violence never being the answer is rubbish. He told them to leave him alone but they wouldn't listen. He tried to walk away but they wouldn't let him. They got in front of him to publicly humiliate him on camera, presumably to broadcast it to the world. At some point, pacifist ideology comes up against the stone cold wall of natural justice.

The Port guy is pond scum and deserved a black eye. Clarko's hit was actually a palm strike to the throat which yes, could have been fatal if it went wrong. But it didn't, seemingly because God protects ****ing idiots.

Anyway, Pond Scum might have actually learned something from all this and he could be a better person for it. My feeling though is that he'll probably wind up getting drunk again at some stage and having his head kicked in by someone who is a lot meaner than Alistair Clarkson.

Of course.. it will be the alcohol's fault then won't it?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:28 am

Clarko himself now admits he should have just kept walking, totally ignored the prick, like Bucks would have done. But, that take a cool head and dignity, something clarko lacks in spades.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Clarko himself now admits he should have just kept walking, totally ignored the prick, like Bucks would have done. But, that take a cool head and dignity, something clarko lacks in spades.

And there lies the problem, his hissy fits (hey, we've all had them,though I don't remember putting my fist through a wall, over a game or my job!) have been well documented. I agree he had every right to push the guy away, but it's the aggression when he does it, and rather than pushing, he looks like he's trying to flatten the bloke, combined with past deeds, it's a bad look. The bloke did bring it on himself, he's a tool, and deserved to be pushed out the way. When someone's in your personal space and really going at you like that, and you are all ready angry, well, it's just a bad situation.

what should happen now, is the tools mates. Say "hey that's not on" but Clarkos reaction will probably not get that result, and Clarko has already said he should have kept walking. Let the newscasters grow some morality, let "I should have kept walking" be the headline. I don't think he should have to apologise to the tool, but may be to the footy public for letting himself down.

And if it happens again, keep walking.

If the dick goes to the cops, the cops have the common sense to say "hey mate, you need to back off, you don't get in someone's space like that, your not hit, so just learn a lesson".

That should be the real world.

Til the next drunken idiot comes along. Social media used this way is truly a blight on society. Made a mountain out of something that should have been a small disciplinary lesson. Too many idiots out there think it's ok to give it to someone else, just to upset them. It's not. Being a good winner, is as important as being a good loser.

It all comes down to respect. So sadly lacking in society these days.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Damien wrote:
Woods wrote:
Wokko wrote:
There's a line. When it's a bunch of people at a pub then sure, go nuts, yell at each other and have a laugh. But this is someone walking down a street and having someone come right up into his face and shout. Obviously Clarko went into fight or flight mode and gave the guy a short punch/shove.

If I was in my Pies gear as a 'normal' fan and someone got right up in my face as I walked to the train/car and shouted "Go Blues" at me after a loss I'd do exactly the same thing.

The guy is just lucky that Clarko is a manlet who punches like a girl Laughing

I understand your point of view. But please understand mine.

What I'm drawing attention to is the contradiction in values that people are holding simultaneously on this Anzac weekend - a reverence to all things Anzac (including their larrikinism) and a condemnation of two present day larrikins in Adelaide.

To put it another way: Imagine two Anzac diggers on leave in London during WWI. They are walking down Pall Mall in London giving cheek to passing poms. They look ahead and see the commander of British forces General Haigh approaching them. The Aussies go close up to him and shout, "How'd the win on the Somme go, Haighy!" The general physically attacks them.

Who does one support? Depends on your values, but you can't support Haigh without also supporting Clarkson. And you can't support the Anzac diggers without supporting the blokes in Adelaide.

Oh give me a break for faarks sake. There is no comparison here to Anzac and no contradiction in values. What a stupid thing to say. If there is a Larakin in the story it's Clarko. I wouldn't put up with a moron like that in my face. Especially after doing it for 50 metres and he'd been told three times to FO. Anyone dumb enough to poke the bear when you know he's got a short fuse is very f@ckin dumb

No comparison? Really?

Here’s how Manning Clark described Aussie larrikinism in his A History of Australia. Tell me this is not exactly 1) the very description of the celebrated Anzac spirit, and 2) the behaviour of the men who confronted Clarkson:

Soaring over them all is the larrikin; almost archly self conscious- too smart for his own good, witty rather than humorous, exceeding limits, bending rules and sailing close to the wind, avoiding rather than evading responsibility, playing to an audience, mocking pomposity and smugness, taking the piss out of people, cutting down tall poppies, born of a Wednesday, looking both ways for a Sunday, larger than life, sceptical, iconoclastic, egalitarian yet suffering fools badly, and, above all, defiant.

Note in particular the “exceeding the limits” of good behaviour; the “playing to an audience” and intent of recording the incident on video; and “above all, defiant”. Some might even find “mocking pomposity and smugness“ has resonance with Clarkson’s character.

Just hours earlier Clarkson and everybody else at Adelaide oval commemorated the Anzac spirit at a footy match. Then a footy match was played as a tribute to the Anzac spirit, a spirit that has larrikinism at its heart. As the Federal Government website tells us:

Like it or not, hero and larrikin, ratbag and rebel, the ANZACs, in all their complex iconography, are an inextricable part of the Australian tradition of masculinity.
At Gallipoli, men from all backgrounds and classes from the newly federated Australia created the essence of what it means to be Australian – courage under fire, grace under pressure, giving a hand to a mate.
(http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/anzac-day )

Only two-faced people celebrate the Anzac spirit before and during the AFL matches, and then condemn it when it manifests itself in real life on the streets of Adelaide. Utter hypocrisy.

People who support Anzac day as it is currently observed should celebrate the actions of those blokes who stirred up Clarkson, and should condemn Clarkson for being a violent wowser.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:55 pm

I seem to recall some years ago, irate tiger fans, after a terrible loss, actually spat on hapless danny frawley, about six of them spat on him ashe walked off the ground. ! I wonder how clarko would handle that one. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

You'd be the first to back Bucks if he did the exact same thing.

No certainty he wouldn't.

The Clarkson apology was nothing but a PR exercise to put the issue to bed and keep the PC police off his back.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 pm

September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
seems many people here condone violence Sad

Not at all, but most condone defending yourself, which is all Clarko did.

So lets clarify it.

Its ok to hit someone (it was no shove the intent was to strike IMO) if they are in your personal space and pissing you off?

If they refuse repeated requests to vacate said personal space and continue to piss you off with intent; YES.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: