Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gault

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Just a postscript - if you look at the Cloke mark in the goal square you will notice two things - first Cloke was one on one, for a change; secondly, Gault used his body to keep Fletcher right away from that contest so that Cloke got the one on one.

Stop talking sense.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Just a postscript - if you look at the Cloke mark in the goal square you will notice two things - first Cloke was one on one, for a change; secondly, Gault used his body to keep Fletcher right away from that contest so that Cloke got the one on one.

Stop talking sense.

Sorry, I accidentally watched the game from the Ponsford and saw his efforts and impact in the third quarter. I'll try to stick to reading the stats and working out how he went from those in future. Wink
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:00 pm

I don't think Gault is a lock, but I think he'll beep his place until Witts is ready.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 pm

And, going by the season so far, he'll keep his spot when they give Witts White's.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:23 pm

And what Moore or Witts couldn't achieve the same thing?

This is like the Blair argument from his supporters of last year on the merits of what the stat sheets don't show which funnily enough isn't required as a defence by his supporters this year because he's actually playing decent football at present and the difference is obvious.

From what I've seen the last two weeks Gault isn't quite ready, isn't in great form and probably will be dropped.

This doesn't mean I don't hope he succeeds or that he can't improve it's just if it looks like a duck most often it's just a duck so stop overlooking the obvious in front of you that he isn't contributing a lot at present and go searching for obscure signs that he is.

When he is it will be obvious.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:26 pm

I am not particularly a Gault fan - I just watch what is in front of me. Today Collingwood played 2 tall forwards. Who knows? Next week, Cloke, Gault and Witts might play and we'd have three for the first time for years.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I am not particularly a Gault fan - I just watch what is in front of me. Today Collingwood played 2 tall forwards. Who knows? Next week, Cloke, Gault and Witts might play and we'd have three for the first time for years.

I must be watching a different game. I saw us play 3 talls up forward last week and today.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 pm

He's taking a swipe at White.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:38 pm

I think you may be inadvertently counting White?
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Stop talking sense.

Sorry, I accidentally watched the game from the Ponsford and saw his efforts and impact in the third quarter. I'll try to stick to reading the stats and working out how he went from those in future. Wink

I think you are spot on. What people fail to understand is that the wet is not the best for talls and he did ok considering.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think you may be inadvertently counting White?

I'm obviously slow on the uptake.

Personally I didn't think either Gault or White did much today, but their very presence is making it easier for our other forwards. I'd like to see Witts come in this week to replace either Gault or White. A Witts/Grundy ruck combination would be awesome.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:18 am

Yes, Witts should certainly play as soon as they consider that he is match fit. I thought Grundy was magnificent today but he is being forced to do too much. That said, his efforts in the last quarter to will himself into the defensive contests to provide the second man up, even after he'd cramped in both legs and could barely walk, were, quite frankly, awe-inspiring.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am

Though Gault was largely ineffective again last night but then again so was White which doesn't help. It's like he's being used as a decoy. How can he get more involved in games? I see him trying to get to contests but he can't quite take the big grabs yet. He also seems a bit off the pace too meaning his fitness and stamina isn't at 100% yet. I hope he gets there in time. Perhaps the club want to just play him in in the hope that he goes 'bang'.

Obviously we're hanging a lot of hope on Witts coming in and making an impact too. That will not only put Gault's position in jeopardy but maybe White too. That bloke needs a serious kick up the arse.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:16 am

He's working hard and whilst he hasn't been brilliant I think he's doing ok for a young KPP.

It's crucial we get experience into him so whilst the system seems to be working I think he should retain his spot.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:35 am

Gault is playing his role and did OK in the ruck and around the ground
-give the guy a break and let him develop into it - only played a handful of games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: