Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

pablo wrote:
Interesting Stevic played deliverate out of bounds for Essendon and several seemingly identical incidents by Essendon weren't paid.

Putting that aside, other umpiring not too bad.

Correct Pablo, dog Stevic indeed lived up to the validation I gave him in the pre-match thread.

Doc63 wrote:
What a magnificent win that was!! Just a hard slog, with everyone making a contribution at some stage.

The defence was just brilliant. Frosty was just awesome, and that was Brown's best game for some time.

Our pressure was just too much for them for most of the game. They often had to chip the ball around about 20 times just to get the ball to the centre. Haven't seen us force a side to do that for a while!

Seedsman, Crisp & Adams all played great games, its very satisfying when the youngsters stand up in a game like that. They really complimented Pendlebury & Swann.

All this talk about Frost should have won the medal is a bit disrespectful to Seedsman. Yes, Frost would have been a worthy winner, but so was Seedsman. Just as long as it was a Collingwood player, I really don't care who won it.

If anyone needed any more proof that Goddard is an outside, unaccountable, down hill skiing flog, today provided it. He doesn't like it when is gets hard like it was today.

Just a great day to be at the footy today, nothing better.

Lookout - the Doc is in da house!
I think we all enjoy watching Brendon Floghard crack the sads.
As many posters have stated, when all players selected buy-in to the challenge, and go hard for four quarters, guess what? We win.

Monco Matt wrote:
Great win by the boys but let's keep some perspective, the Dons were rooted, clearly ran out of legs in the second half. They couldn't score and we only scored a few extra goals. Better to win than lose but the jury is still out on our finals credentials.

Frosty was fantastic, although fair to say Carlisle went in unfit, so did Zaka and they paid the price. Our effort was great, it always is and we were able to maintain it for most of the match, except for about 15 minutes in the second qtr when we were on the rack.

I'm not getting too excited or carried away with that given how poor the opposition was in the second half, although I was glad they wilted I did not expect they would but hoped they did.

Great game from Seedy and Crisp, Varcoe did his bit, Cloke didn't embarrass himself at all which was great. Even Goldsack held up in D too. Adams was a terrier and Pendles sublime and a Swanny roving goal on Anzac day always means a victory. Now crush the scum next week.

Hat off to Grundy as well, was a rock in the ruck all day.

Matty, Essendrug may well be stuffed: they almost rolled the Pink Ducks, rolled the reigning premiers by 5 seconds, and held off a desperate but equally inept Carlton unit. I'd suggest we struck them at a favourable time in the fixture. Yet Dons defeating Whorethorn impressed me - a task we are yet to come close to achieving under Buckley, and I'd suggest that most of the players on our list actually WEREN'T, when that last occurred in 2011.
But in reality, we have been in a solid position most seasons by Anzac day, in terms of the win loss ratio.
So the endeavour and application to the task each week is there, the injuries to date are manageable, and ball disposal is a work in progress.

Very proud of the club today, so let's make the OLD MAN cranky next week, and blow out his precious navy blue candles.

Dyso

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Donny wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Frost should've won the medal. Simply outstanding!

?

8 disposals, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I love Frosty and he was good but that's hardly outstanding.

Stats don't reflect his efforts across 4 quarters.

I was at the game...Frost closed on a 'free' Essendon forward from 20m+ away time and time again to spoil a certain mark. It was amazing to watch. Watching him sprint to time his fist perfectly every time was ANZAC medal worthy, and brought the crowd to raptures every time. The ANZAC medal isn't for BOG, even though I gave him my BOG votes. My friend, a stranger a row in front of me and my old man via SMS all voted Frost as their ANZAC medal winner.

Stats? For a defender? In the wet? Pfft...

I was at the game as well and couldn't agree more. He saved a few certain goals and was one of the players I thought might win the medal. I also thought Taylor Adams was a chance, the kid was in everything today. I think if he had of converted some of his chances, he would have had it. The Seed was pretty good as well.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:02 pm

magpie1111 wrote:
We just got lucky we caught Essendon coming down off a high

FO!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:18 pm

My Thoughts:

Final Qtr was Fantastic and we took our Chances

Adams inside work is Huge but Kicking can be still a Worry

Crisp had a Amazing Game. Great Defensively and Kicking is getting Better

Grundy Smashed Bellchambers in the Ruck. Tired in 2nd Half and Disposal dropped with it but still Good

Seedsman had his best game for sometime at AFL Level

Pendles was Pendles

White and Gault offered next to nothing

Varcoe had no Luck with the Bounce of the Ball

Brown and Frost where Massive down back

themonk 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:02 am

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but is Oxley ok?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 am

Piesnchess wrote:
well, I guess the Bucks haters and doubters will now STFU for at least one more week, one would hope so, after todays magnificent win.

Not sure if you consider me a Buckley hater or not, but mate, today's game was god damn awful skills wise, the number of easy kicks we $%$ed up was probably worse than normal, and that's saying something.

I'm very happy with the effort of the boys, and it's clear the the boys want to play for Bucks, but man, our foot skills are embarrassing and we'll never be able to match the top teams when we continually turn over basic kicks.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:09 am

I was at the game with Mrs WPT (an Essendon supporter). Great team win.

Essendon did not adapt to the conditions, they overused the ball due to our pressure.

Great stuff.

In my view, Hird & the Dons selection committee were to arrogant by half. There is no way Jobe Watson was fit & Zaharakis looked slow. In part that was due to our pressure but they were definitely carrying something.

Great team win but as jackass noted we still butcher the ball.

The defence was very impressive.

I'm not sure what to make of Ramsey. he is gutsy, fast, doesn't shirk an issue, is creative but each week gives away a free or frees that result in goals at times yet does really well as well. He's only young & boy we do go on a ride watching him.

Very impressed with Crisp: He is a great addition so far.

Imagine how good it will be when Pendles is no longer carrying his sore ankle.

Williams's confidence is growing & thank you Essendon for playing Goldy back into form.

I was a doubter but that was a tremendous game by Seedsman. Wing is his best position.

Cloke: 100% goal kicking efficiency today. Well done.

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:09 am

Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
well, I guess the Bucks haters and doubters will now STFU for at least one more week, one would hope so, after todays magnificent win.

Not sure if you consider me a Buckley hater or not, but mate, today's game was god damn awful skills wise, the number of easy kicks we $%$ed up was probably worse than normal, and that's saying something.

I'm very happy with the effort of the boys, and it's clear the the boys want to play for Bucks, but man, our foot skills are embarrassing and we'll never be able to match the top teams when we continually turn over basic kicks.

Yes, disposal is a work in progress.
And we have had a few wet weather games to start the season.
I'd suggest this problem is easier to address when the team is winning.
We will all be keeping an eye on it in the coming weeks.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 am

Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

not sure if you noticed Defender, but it was wet and slippery at the G today. This resulted in both teams fumbling, dropping marks and miss-kicking the ball. Under the circumstances I thought our boys skill level was rather good. The higher kicking 'efficiency' score by the bombers is misleading because around 100 of their kicks were soft backward kicks with no pressure.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:25 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

not sure if you noticed Defender, but it was wet and slippery at the G today. This resulted in both teams fumbling, dropping marks and miss-kicking the ball. Under the circumstances I thought our boys skill level was rather good. The higher kicking 'efficiency' score by the bombers is misleading because around 100 of their kicks were soft backward kicks with no pressure.

I was going to say the same thing. Given that the overall disposal efficiency figures were not that far apart, I expect the differential would be substantially in Collingwood's favour if one only counted the serious attempts to contest possession or go forward. That said, there are still a lot of clangers when players look to be running into very favourable positions - a few of them let themselves down a bit in that respect today. If that could be gradually improved, it would be a good thing.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 am

I can't stop smiling! I'm so proud and ecstatic with the way we played today. It's just a huge win and character-building for a young side like ours but I had a feeling during the week that we would surprise many people and I'm glad I wasn't wrong today.

Seedsman played one of his best games ever and was a worthy ANZAC Medal medallist. Jack Crisp continues to surprise me and I love his addition to the club. He's been an outstanding player so far. The usual suspects in Pendles, Swan and even Cloke were very solid today.

The defence was absolutely outstanding and was huge in our ability to win today's game. Carlisle and Daniher did very little today and Essendon seemed perplexed of ideas of how to counter that issue for the whole match.

The skill level is still not very good but our endeavour and tackling pressure is fantastic and makes up for that particular weakness.

Just an awesome match and one of the best I've seen since ANZAC Day last year actually! A memorable win and it will give this young group huge amount of confidence heading into the season.

Bring on the Scum now! Twisted Evil

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:06 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

No doubt conditions were tough, they were tough in Adelaide tonight as well, but the conditions don't seem to matter when we're playing, we'll **** more simple kicks than any other team in the Comp on a weekly basis, how the hell we manage to not only stay in games-but win is beyond my comprehension.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:12 am

Quote:
The skill level is still not very good but our endeavour and tackling pressure is fantastic and makes up for that particular weakness.

Dosent that make us a 1 Trick Pony

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:19 am

I said in the preseason if we showed purpose and endeavour and improvement in players with less than 75 games then I would be very pleased.
Today we had a glimpse into the future be it slightly scrappy.
I can live with skill errors from young players as long they keep turning up at contests hard and wanting it more which they did today.
The dopers chip kicked around like it was a nice sunny day with no breeze and paid the price of pressure and conditions.
I don't think we can win the comp this year at best I see us in bottom half of the 8 and being a nuisance to anyone we play then. But that experience would be worth 25 games to the young players.
Considering who isn't in the side now we have loads to look forward to going forward.
Continue this improvement over the next 18 months and add maybe a Dangerfield or Trelour and we will be cherry ripe.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:26 am

No doubt conditions were tough, they were tough in Adelaide tonight as well, but the conditions don't seem to matter when we're playing, we'll **** more simple kicks than any other team in the Comp on a weekly basis, how the hell we manage to not only stay in games-but win is beyond my comprehension.[/quote]

Adelaide was dry today 1mm from 9am to 3.30pm, nothing afterwards. Melbourne drizzle with 5mm, of course there's going to be skill errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: