Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great win considering where we are.

We are rebuilding on the run, as much as any club is, yet we are still remaining competitve.

We've got that bite back that made us so good a few seasons back, and once the kids out of the VFL start pushing for games we will only get better.

Add Sidey, Levi and Reid and the only way is up.
KrispyKremePie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:13 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Proud to wear my 2015 membership cap and scarf for the first time this season. That was the best game I've ever seen from Seedsman. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves because Essendon are just a middle of the road side. The real test will come from playing the Port Adelaides, Freemantle, Sydney and Hawthorn. We need to just keep on improving and that means tinkering with the side until we settle on our best combination. Happy to keep playing Gault and Ramsay because they offer us great versality and at some point they will start rewarding us. Great watching the start of play with Grundy, Swan, Pendlebury and Crisp in the centre. Swan back to his best makes Collingwood a totally different proposition this year. Can't wait to see the addition of Grenwood and DeGoey into the midfield.

No room for Sidebottom? Wink

Totally agree. There will be tougher games to come. But at least we can see that the team is heading in the right direction.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Donny wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Frost should've won the medal. Simply outstanding!

?

8 disposals, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I love Frosty and he was good but that's hardly outstanding.

Defenders job is to stop the opposition

And he did he was awesome

Bout time I got some recognition around here.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Starcevich Coterie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Good one Donny. Yes, Frosty was near BOG and is definitely a favourite.

Successful teams are built on defenders like him - Morwood, Gayfer, Picken, Christian, Kelly, Clement, Reid, Brown, Banks.

We are on an exciting journey with this young defence - Ramsay, Frost, Langdon, Marley etc
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

mudlark wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Great win by the boys but let's keep some perspective, the Dons were rooted, clearly ran out of legs in the second half. They couldn't score and we only scored a few extra goals. Better to win than lose but the jury is still out on our finals credentials.

Frosty was fantastic, although fair to say Carlisle went in unfit, so did Zaka and they paid the price. Our effort was great, it always is and we were able to maintain it for most of the match, except for about 15 minutes in the second qtr when we were on the rack.

I'm not getting too excited or carried away with that given how poor the opposition was in the second half, although I was glad they wilted I did not expect they would but hoped they did.

Great game from Seedy and Crisp, Varcoe did his bit, Cloke didn't embarrass himself at all which was great. Even Goldsack held up in D too. Adams was a terrier and Pendles sublime and a Swanny roving goal on Anzac day always means a victory. Now crush the scum next week.

Hat off to Grundy as well, was a rock in the ruck all day.

You'll have to forgive me for thinking you're appraisle of the game is plain old SHIT. What a friggin crock. Perhaps!!Just per FRIGGIN' haps,we made them look and feel that way,through GOOD coaching and fitness. I'M excited.Don't care about you.

No doubt we contributed to us winning, but i felt like the opposition was not what it should have been, nowhere near what we saw in week 1 and 2, which is fine, they were down and we took advantage. We played the conditions better than they did, but not by a lot, we only scored 9 goals and them 6 and a bucket load of misses by both sides, not a lot in it. Even the tigers have beaten Hawthorn in the wet a couple of times in recent years. If we were the finals level team we want to be we really should have won that game by 7 or 8 goals pulling away, they had no run for the last 45 minutes. We continued to be dour in attitude, kept plugging away and won without putting them to the sword. Nothing wrong with that and it is a step in the right direction, better than not giving a shit out there. I may be expecting too much but i want to expect too much. Good win, I am happy.

MONCO: Your life.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Very proud of the boys. The future is bright.

"perceptive fellow" suck!

Hine's done alright

Buckley can coach

Blair deserves his spot

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:09 pm

What a magnificent win that was!! Just a hard slog, with everyone making a contribution at some stage.

The defence was just brilliant. Frosty was just awesome, and that was Brown's best game for some time.

Our pressure was just too much for them for most of the game. They often had to chip the ball around about 20 times just to get the ball to the centre. Haven't seen us force a side to do that for a while!

Seedsman, Crisp & Adams all played great games, its very satisfying when the youngsters stand up in a game like that. They really complimented Pendlebury & Swann.

All this talk about Frost should have won the medal is a bit disrespectful to Seedsman. Yes, Frost would have been a worthy winner, but so was Seedsman. Just as long as it was a Collingwood player, I really don't care who won it.

If anyone needed any more proof that Goddard is an outside, unaccountable, down hill skiing flog, today provided it. He doesn't like it when is gets hard like it was today.

Just a great day to be at the footy today, nothing better.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Defender wrote:
think positive wrote:
Donny wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Frost should've won the medal. Simply outstanding!

?

8 disposals, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I love Frosty and he was good but that's hardly outstanding.

Defenders job is to stop the opposition

And he did he was awesome

Bout time I got some recognition around here.

I thought you were very good today.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:21 pm

well, I guess the Bucks haters and doubters will now STFU for at least one more week, one would hope so, after todays magnificent win.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Sitting in the car waiting for the car park to clear a bit.

Awsome day.

Frost was great.
Crisp is a beauty.
Well done to Seeds. More please.

To be critical. We butchered the ball again.

We seem to play a very economical brand of offensive footy. We always seemed to be well beaten in nearly every stat count (disposals marks efficency etc). Yet we win the inside 50s.

..... now got home to bendigo. Had to go before fishing the post
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Great effort, great intensity and great pressure. We still butchered the ball, but one day it's going to click folks, then we'll have 100 inside 50's and score 30 + goals. But until then, geez I'm enjoying the endevour of this team! They backed up last weeks effort with 4 quarters of pressure. That alone will beat a lot of teams. And as I'm writing this, Hawthorn are 8 goals down against Port - the premiership race is wide open and there's no reason to believe we wont be playing finals.

If we can keep our players on the park and add Sidey and Greenwood and God help us Reid, we'll be a step ahead again.

GO PIES!!

- Ben
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:57 pm

We just got lucky we caught Essendon coming down off a high
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
It was a tale of 2 coaches and where they're heading, as much as anything.

One stubborn and arrogant to think his team are contenders so tops up his team with has beens.

The other honest and brave enough to recognise that his team were no longer good enough so began to transform his team through youth and character.

They may yet end up above us on the ladder at the end of the year but I know which team is going places! Very Happy

A long and influential friend of mine texted to me after a series of game day banter wrote that essendope will finish higher than we as well. Couldn't think why apart from our younger squad than theirs. but I think attitude leads to success and fig jam hird has been given a lesson in just that. Geez I like beingthe underdog. Ps do you mind if I use your words in reply as theres more sting to its tail?

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Drovers dog mentioned the word.

Presence.

Reminded me very much of 2002.

All is bright.

MM

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Very good win... Some sloppy disposals and dropped marks but the intensity was great throughout.
Plenty to work on but also plenty to like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: