Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Donny wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Frost should've won the medal. Simply outstanding!

?

8 disposals, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I love Frosty and he was good but that's hardly outstanding.

Stats don't reflect his efforts across 4 quarters.

I was at the game...Frost closed on a 'free' Essendon forward from 20m+ away time and time again to spoil a certain mark. It was amazing to watch. Watching him sprint to time his fist perfectly every time was ANZAC medal worthy, and brought the crowd to raptures every time. The ANZAC medal isn't for BOG, even though I gave him my BOG votes. My friend, a stranger a row in front of me and my old man via SMS all voted Frost as their ANZAC medal winner.

Stats? For a defender? In the wet? Pfft...

Well said, RH (and others). Smile

I'm glad my comment drew such wholehearted praise for Frosty. All the backs were excellent. Particularly happy about Browny's game and Tooves led the tackle count.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Great and solid performance from our young team, that topped off a perfect Anzac day for me, marched in the wet for my dad and grandad and great uncles, and got on the channel seven news tonight too, holding dads photo from WW2. ! Got home to watch a really gutsy effort from the boys, young Frost is fantastic, reminds me of ted potter reincarnated, and Seedsman has really answered his critics, just an awesome team effort, puts us in a great frame of mind for the bluebellies next week. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The-Den Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Walking up flinders street hearing flilth fans whinge about their players brought a tear of joy to my eye. Will be on the plane home tonight with a big smile on my face. What a game! Frost was awesome. Thought he deserved the medal. But i won't complain about seeds getting it. Bring on the scum!
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Great and solid performance from our young team, that topped off a perfect Anzac day for me, marched in the wet for my dad and grandad and great uncles, and got on the channel seven news tonight too, holding dads photo from WW2. ! Got home to watch a really gutsy effort from the boys, young Frost is fantastic, reminds me of ted potter reincarnated, and Seedsman has really answered his critics, just an awesome team effort, puts us in a great frame of mind for the bluebellies next week. !

Funny you should say that - I look at Frost's game and am also reminded of the great no.15 from the 60s - Teddy Potter. I remember a photo in The Herald after the GF in 1966 of him in the ice bath looking pretty disappointed.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:31 pm

It was a tale of 2 coaches and where they're heading, as much as anything.

One stubborn and arrogant to think his team are contenders so tops up his team with has beens.

The other honest and brave enough to recognise that his team were no longer good enough so began to transform his team through youth and character.

They may yet end up above us on the ladder at the end of the year but I know which team is going places! Very Happy

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:32 pm

That was a great win folks. Tough, hard fought and thoroughly deserved. We never gave an inch and kept the pressure up all day. Shame about the disposal though. If we can improve on that then we will be a very difficult team to beat. But lets savor what we just witnessed. Loved our defense all over the ground. Basically tackled and pressured the filth into submission. Were harder, faster and more determined for longer. don't want to get too carried away but we should all be proud of that effort today. Well done Seedsman.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Great win pies
They looked a spent force a couple of weeks ago but have turned it around in a hurry. So much to work with and looking forward to the games to come.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
It was a tale of 2 coaches and where they're heading, as much as anything.

One stubborn and arrogant to think his team are contenders so tops up his team with has beens.

The other honest and brave enough to recognise that his team were no longer good enough so began to transform his team through youth and character.

They may yet end up above us on the ladder at the end of the year but I know which team is going places! Very Happy

+1. Much to look forward to.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Proud to wear my 2015 membership cap and scarf for the first time this season. That was the best game I've ever seen from Seedsman. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves because Essendon are just a middle of the road side. The real test will come from playing the Port Adelaides, Freemantle, Sydney and Hawthorn. We need to just keep on improving and that means tinkering with the side until we settle on our best combination. Happy to keep playing Gault and Ramsay because they offer us great versality and at some point they will start rewarding us. Great watching the start of play with Grundy, Swan, Pendlebury and Crisp in the centre. Swan back to his best makes Collingwood a totally different proposition this year. Can't wait to see the addition of Grenwood and DeGoey into the midfield.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:50 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Take a bow the whole defence.

Take a bow the whole frickin TEAM .Buckleys team.Don't forget it.BUCKLEY'S team.If yo don't like it ,Piss off. and support 11th mond.
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:51 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Proud to wear my 2015 membership cap and scarf for the first time this season. That was the best game I've ever seen from Seedsman. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves because Essendon are just a middle of the road side. The real test will come from playing the Port Adelaides, Freemantle, Sydney and Hawthorn. We need to just keep on improving and that means tinkering with the side until we settle on our best combination. Happy to keep playing Gault and Ramsay because they offer us great versality and at some point they will start rewarding us. Great watching the start of play with Grundy, Swan, Pendlebury and Crisp in the centre. Swan back to his best makes Collingwood a totally different proposition this year. Can't wait to see the addition of Grenwood and DeGoey into the midfield.

Who would you drop?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:57 pm

WTF was wrong with Buck's face during the press conference.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Great win by the boys but let's keep some perspective, the Dons were rooted, clearly ran out of legs in the second half. They couldn't score and we only scored a few extra goals. Better to win than lose but the jury is still out on our finals credentials.

Frosty was fantastic, although fair to say Carlisle went in unfit, so did Zaka and they paid the price. Our effort was great, it always is and we were able to maintain it for most of the match, except for about 15 minutes in the second qtr when we were on the rack.

I'm not getting too excited or carried away with that given how poor the opposition was in the second half, although I was glad they wilted I did not expect they would but hoped they did.

Great game from Seedy and Crisp, Varcoe did his bit, Cloke didn't embarrass himself at all which was great. Even Goldsack held up in D too. Adams was a terrier and Pendles sublime and a Swanny roving goal on Anzac day always means a victory. Now crush the scum next week.

Hat off to Grundy as well, was a rock in the ruck all day.

Personally I think you're underselling our performance.

Essendon wilted because we made them wilt with fierce pressure for the majority of the match.

It's round 4 and the excuse of Essendon still being underdone therefore can't run out games is wearing thin for me.

They were beaten by the harder team today.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Great win by the boys but let's keep some perspective, the Dons were rooted, clearly ran out of legs in the second half. They couldn't score and we only scored a few extra goals. Better to win than lose but the jury is still out on our finals credentials.

Frosty was fantastic, although fair to say Carlisle went in unfit, so did Zaka and they paid the price. Our effort was great, it always is and we were able to maintain it for most of the match, except for about 15 minutes in the second qtr when we were on the rack.

I'm not getting too excited or carried away with that given how poor the opposition was in the second half, although I was glad they wilted I did not expect they would but hoped they did.

Great game from Seedy and Crisp, Varcoe did his bit, Cloke didn't embarrass himself at all which was great. Even Goldsack held up in D too. Adams was a terrier and Pendles sublime and a Swanny roving goal on Anzac day always means a victory. Now crush the scum next week.

Hat off to Grundy as well, was a rock in the ruck all day.

You'll have to forgive me for thinking you're appraisle of the game is plain old SHIT. What a friggin crock. Perhaps!!Just per FRIGGIN' haps,we made them look and feel that way,through GOOD coaching and fitness. I'M excited.Don't care about you.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Flashman wrote:
I couldn't be prouder.

My boy Frosty was meaner than a junkyard dog and more miserly than an undertaker, Brown played his best game in a long time and dispelled those who reckon he's trade bait and a special mention to Goldsack. He fumbles too much and makes mistakes but by Christ he goes hard. He was terrific.

Crispy was a beauty, Elliott dangerous and Taylor Adams is my (and he should be a fair few of everyone else's) new favourite player. Tough, brave and committed. And Grundy is as hard as fukking nails and a future champion.

Clokey stuck at it, Swanny and Pendles were the elite champions they've been for so long and Seedsman was a deserved BOG.

I've had my doubts about Buckley but these boys are playing for him and if they're prepared to get behind him then we should back him in too. We owe him that at least.

You little rippers.

Great post. My thoughts exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: