Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
I couldn't be prouder.

My boy Frosty was meaner than a junkyard dog and more miserly than an undertaker, Brown played his best game in a long time and dispelled those who reckon he's trade bait and a special mention to Goldsack. He fumbles too much and makes mistakes but by Christ he goes hard. He was terrific.

Crispy was a beauty, Elliott dangerous and Taylor Adams is my (and he should be a fair few of everyone else's) new favourite player. Tough, brave and committed. And Grundy is as hard as fukking nails and a future champion.

Clokey stuck at it, Swanny and Pendles were the elite champions they've been for so long and Seedsman was a deserved BOG.

I've had my doubts about Buckley but these boys are playing for him and if they're prepared to get behind him then we should back him in too. We owe him that at least.

You little rippers.

That'll do me top post

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Steak knives was very good - once De Goey gets into the team the loss of Beams looks more and more like a good trade deal
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Donny wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Frost should've won the medal. Simply outstanding!

?

8 disposals, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I love Frosty and he was good but that's hardly outstanding.

Defenders job is to stop the opposition

And he did he was awesome

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

Sitting in a hotel room in Tokyo with a smile that fills the room. Great news. First Anzac game we have missed for close on 15 years. We will be back to see the boys smash the scum and show MM the level of respect he and his team deserve. Give them nothing.
RudeBoy 

think better wrote:
Steak knives was very good - once De Goey gets into the team the loss of Beams looks more and more like a good trade deal

....and then there's Greenwood! The deal of the century I reckon.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
What made that win so sensational was that it was largely off the back of the efforts of our young brigade; players like Seedsman, Frost, Crisp, Williams, Grundy and Adams, rather than being won by Pendles, Swan or Cloke. It was an outstanding team performance, for which Bucks should receive due credit, with probably Gault the only passenger. When you consider we've got Witts, Sidey, Greenwood, Reid, Scharenberg, Moore, Freeman and De Goey waiting in the wings, the next few seasons are going to be a joy to watch. Go Pies!

That's the most exciting thing.All of those players will add a lot of polish to this side,which already has so much heart and tenacity.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

I went to this game expecting to lose. What an emphatic win by such a young team. A lot of errors by both teams and in saying that the pressure all game by both teams makes our win even more important. 3-1 and I thought we would be 1-3.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Sitting in a hotel room in Tokyo with a smile that fills the room. Great news. First Anzac game we have missed for close on 15 years. We will be back to see the boys smash the scum and show MM the level of respect he and his team deserve. Give them nothing.

LOL, I watched last year's game via Skype in China.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Frost is seriously good already and still improving, well done young man.

Crisp has given our midfield impact, with Greenwood due to come back sometime we have serious presence around the packs. It's all about attitude when it comes to grunt time. With Grundy, Adams, Greenwood and Crisp all having the bullish attitude to the ball and the opponent I start to entertain the hope that the days of Collingwood on ballers getting brushed aside by big bodied bully boys is nearing its end.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Pressure across the entire ground was great for four quarters. We played smart footy in the wet. They continued to try to play their keepings off brand. They had lots more of the ball and even though it wasn't pretty we showed guts. Such an even effort too. Seedsman was a deserving medal winner but far from a stand out. We rise to the Occassion on ANZAC day. Well done pies.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Interesting game. While I expected a fierce and quick Essendon they were quite the opposite, they were slow and we had there measure at every minute of the day. Pies did there homework on them and we stuck to the game plan to a tee. There were no passengers and matter of fact we Didn't look like loosing at anytime.
When they had a mountain of ball in the second quart not once did I see a passage were they may construct a winning formula to beat us which was so compounded when we scored on the rebound quickly. I love it when Collingwood start to get there campaign on the way in hat fashion for the year, when we're not expected to win against our more fancied opposition and we get the job done. We look like we're playing for each other and while we don't look like the Harlem Globetrotters but were hard as hell to play against. You (*&^%^& ripper.

Greening gold 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:13 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

LOL, I watched last year's game via Skype in China.

And here in Laos, I get it by subscribing to http://watchafl.afl.com.au/schedule/day_view/2015/04/17 - US$137 and I get all games for the year - live and/or replay on demand. In 1990, I had to listen on a very dodgy reception on Radio Australia in Mauritius. Last week I watched the Dogs v Tigers game live on streaming at Bangkok airport - how much the world has changed in only 25 years - on my way to Melb to watch the game against StKilda. 2010 I saw the 2nd GF in Qantas Business Lounge at Sydney Airport waiting for a flight to Greenland via London. Departure time was halfway through the last quarter - they had to page me to go to the plane. It was a very happy flight.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 pm

the tactic of always running at the ball carrier seems to be working well. They always look more hurried and less sure of the next disposal.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Great win by the boys but let's keep some perspective, the Dons were rooted, clearly ran out of legs in the second half. They couldn't score and we only scored a few extra goals. Better to win than lose but the jury is still out on our finals credentials.

Frosty was fantastic, although fair to say Carlisle went in unfit, so did Zaka and they paid the price. Our effort was great, it always is and we were able to maintain it for most of the match, except for about 15 minutes in the second qtr when we were on the rack.

I'm not getting too excited or carried away with that given how poor the opposition was in the second half, although I was glad they wilted I did not expect they would but hoped they did.

Great game from Seedy and Crisp, Varcoe did his bit, Cloke didn't embarrass himself at all which was great. Even Goldsack held up in D too. Adams was a terrier and Pendles sublime and a Swanny roving goal on Anzac day always means a victory. Now crush the scum next week.

Hat off to Grundy as well, was a rock in the ruck all day.

MONCO: Your life.
thompsoc 

I said it at the start of the year - Bucks
is developing a hard as a cats head football team.
Our disposal isn't great but you can't bag their attack on
the footy and man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10   

Jump to: