Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Solution to Trav's kicking inaccuracy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I must say I get rather bemused when I hear Bucks and others say they've tried everything with Cloke's kicking, using coaches, scientists and psychologists. It doesn't ring true to me.

Why is it then, that Cloke's basic kicking action - leaning back and dropping the ball from up high - has been the same throughout his whole career? It seems to me that the coaches have been conned by sports scientists who say you can't change an adults basic kicking technique, all you can do is tinker with it. What a crock! His technique is TOTALLY wrong. For set shots, he needs a total overhaul. He needs to lean forward, hold the ball low over his foot and watch the ball onto his foot - not watch the goals. Until I see some evidence of a significant change to his kicking technique, I will assume the club has given up on him. The poor bastard is trying, but after 10 f*cking years, it should be clear to him (and everyone else) that it aint working.

how many goals did you kick during your career? Wink

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I must say I get rather bemused when I hear Bucks and others say they've tried everything with Cloke's kicking, using coaches, scientists and psychologists. It doesn't ring true to me.

Why is it then, that Cloke's basic kicking action - leaning back and dropping the ball from up high - has been the same throughout his whole career? It seems to me that the coaches have been conned by sports scientists who say you can't change an adults basic kicking technique, all you can do is tinker with it. What a crock! His technique is TOTALLY wrong. For set shots, he needs a total overhaul. He needs to lean forward, hold the ball low over his foot and watch the ball onto his foot - not watch the goals. Until I see some evidence of a significant change to his kicking technique, I will assume the club has given up on him. The poor bastard is trying, but after 10 f*cking years, it should be clear to him (and everyone else) that it aint working.

Yeah, but I bet Rudeboy has missed less shots at goal than Trav. In fact Rudeboy has never missed a critical goal, which is way better than Trav.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:12 pm

the games was easier back in 1951.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:13 pm

what trav has to do is start from the basics, do a new run up and just get 1 person to teach him how to kick inside 30 metres.

even eddie said on radio he will teach cloke how to kick at goal
Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 pm

Nathan Buckley on 360 tonight. So much love.

If I had a girlfriend right now and she was in bed with Bucks... I have to agree with Eddie here... I wouldn't know which side to get in on.

<3 to him. Talking about Cloke and White. Also sticking up for Watts and calling stories of whites 2.2 from the weekend as an issue, lazy journalism.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Gotta love how Bucks calls a spade a spade, stands up for the players and deals with the media.

The lazy journalism crack was followed up with some lingering eye contact with Robbo who had no response whatsoever.

Although, having seen Bucks close up, unless my GF was an utter pigdog (in which case I'm wondering why I keep her around) I'm getting in her side of the bed every time, thanks for playing. Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

So you think Cloke's kicking action is fine do you? Rolling Eyes

Anyone who has heard Matthew Lloyd talking about Cloke's kicking action knows that it needs major surgery. However, I am yet to see much change in his action over the past decade. It stank 10 years ago and it stinks today. If you can't see that JW, then perhaps you use a white cane. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 pm

The Run Home
The Run Home – Verified account ‏@TheRunHome

Thoughts on Travis Cloke's foot position?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRunHome/status/597654716038811648

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Anyone who has heard Matthew Lloyd talking about Cloke's kicking action knows that it needs major surgery. However, I am yet to see much change in his action over the past decade. It stank 10 years ago and it stinks today. If you can't see that JW, then perhaps you use a white cane. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

chill rudie. clearly, my comment was a wind up. i can't kick over a jam tin so am one not to judge.

tbh, i lose no sleep over cloke's kicking. nothing i can do about it and i am sure the club is doing what it can. i don't carry the angst that others do. it's only one aspect of our game.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

chill rudie. clearly, my comment was a wind up. i can't kick over a jam tin so am one not to judge.

tbh, i lose no sleep over cloke's kicking. nothing i can do about it and i am sure the club is doing what it can. i don't carry the angst that others do. it's only one aspect of our game.

OK Bucks I'll chill. Wink
DT56 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

110% agree .. Dropping the ball from above his waist and expecting it to land correctly on his foot is gagah suff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: