Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Uncontracted Pies. Elliott signs.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 pm
Post subject: Uncontracted Pies. Elliott signs.Reply with quote

Looks like the list is pretty much stitched up at the moment.

Langdon and Ramsay to sign soon.

Elliot is a formality, whereas Scharenberg and Freeman and Sinclair all injury riddled so probably extensions are a formality too.

Young may be finished, whilst Dwyer should get another contract.

Unfortunately, Thomas and Keeffe may have the decision forced upon us.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-closing-in-on-new-contracts-with-tom-langdon-and-jackson-ramsay-20150503-1myv0w.html

Fairfax Media last week revealed that Elliott's anticipated new contract with the Pies had been held up by a change of management, but Collingwood remain confident the deal is a formality.

Other Magpies out of contract at season's end include midfielder Sam Dwyer, injury-plagued 2013 first-round draft picks Matt Scharenberg and Nathan Freeman, small defender Ben Sinclair, former Hawk Clinton Young, and ostracised pair Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas - both of whom tested positive for banned substance Clenbuterol in March.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Young and Fasolo at the crossroads and have some currency for trade if can't get into the side, Keeffe and at Thomas may be departing as well. Swan a possibility to retire. If we can get 2nd rounders for Young & Fasolo (or package deal!) that would leave us with a first rounder + 3 second rounders and a lot of spare cash.

What happens with Thomas & Keeffe (hypothetically) after they serve a two year ban? Do we get first crack (pardon the pun) at them or are they free agents?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 am

5150 wrote:
Young and Fasolo at the crossroads and have some currency for trade if can't get into the side, Keeffe and at Thomas may be departing as well. Swan a possibility to retire. If we can get 2nd rounders for Young & Fasolo (or package deal!) that would leave us with a first rounder + 3 second rounders and a lot of spare cash.

What happens with Thomas & Keeffe (hypothetically) after they serve a two year ban? Do we get first crack (pardon the pun) at them or are they free agents?

I would like to keep Keefe
We are short on KPP even if he is sidelined for a year or two.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 am

5150 wrote:

wouldn't they go back into the draft? i don't think we're under any obligation to draft them but i'd like to think we might give them another opportunity if they have fallen off the pace. saad was redrafted by st kilda and, iirc, there was talk carlton were interested at the time.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 am

5150 wrote:

They have to go into the draft. You're only a Free Agent in the signing window you get delisted in. That is, if they get delisted end of this year, they can only be signed as Delisted Free Agents in this year's transfer window. If nobody signs them, then to make a comeback after any potential ban is served, they have to get picked up in the draft.

And no, we do not get first option on them.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:08 am

List management is, clearly, crucial.

Would not be hasty to get rid of Keeffe. Thomas we can cover, but tall KPPs are harder to develop/recruit.

Young and Fasolo are possibly on thin ice. After that it gets a whole lot harder. We have no players that are approaching retirement age; I don't think Swanny will pull the pin, particularly given that the team appears to be on the improve.

Five rounds in is pretty early to make these calls; after five rounds last year, Ramsay and Gault were seconds players, now they are ( semi) regular senior players.

I think the main list changes at the end of the year will be where the club makes a call on the types of players of whom we have a plethora.

Naturally, we might have a player that other clubs are 'hot' for and they may come calling with a trade that is irresistible.

Interesting times.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am

Bat, could we delist Keeffe and then (in the same year) sign him as a rookie?

If so, that would let us pay him whatever small amount rookies get instead of what he gets now (doubtless more than that), keep him out of the clutches of the other clubs, and only sacrifice our last rookie slot rather than a more valuable senior list slot.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 am

Tannin wrote:
Bat, could we delist Keeffe and then (in the same year) sign him as a rookie?

If so, that would let us pay him whatever small amount rookies get instead of what he gets now (doubtless more than that), keep him out of the clutches of the other clubs, and only sacrifice our last rookie slot rather than a more valuable senior list slot.

Without taking an in-depth look at how the Anti-Doping Code works with regards to keeping players on your books, Tannin, I think you could do something like that, particularly if any hypothetical ban was 12 months, after potential discounts are factored in.

One to chase up...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:35 am

Perhaps it would.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:46 am

5150 wrote:

I don't imagine Young having much currency at all given his history of injury and age. He'll be 30 at the start of next year.

If Fasolo spends most of the season playing VFL then the best we could probably hope for would be to bundle him up with our second round pick and look to get an upgraded second round pick in return.

At present on his own he'd only be worth a 3rd round pick at best.

He's no better than Garlett and he went to Melbourne for a pick in the 50's. Shocked

surfer1 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 am

I want Elliott to sign now!
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:07 am
Post subject: Jamie Elliott, 3 more yearsReply with quote

Been in the pipeline for a while, but fantastic news all the same:

Quote:
Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7 22m22 minutes ago
#exclusive #breaking expected , but can reveal .@CollingwoodFC star jamie Elliott has signed 3 year extension early today .@7NewsMelbourne

Smile

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:08 am

Great News on ya Jamie!

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:14 am

Well done - 3 years, great stuff.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:20 am

Very happy with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: