Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Darcy Moore ready ? Forward or back in AFL ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop judging the kid on "that mark" . he's a nobody until he's proven himself in the afl. I would be happy for him to play out the year in vfl
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:03 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
Stop judging the kid on "that mark" . he's a nobody until he's proven himself in the afl. I would be happy for him to play out the year in vfl

Gezz - You are Underrating Moore a fair bit

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Stupied wrote:
Won't play forward in AFL until he plays forward in VFL. Don't know why anyone would suggest otherwise.

and How do you know this Rolling Eyes

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 pm

I've only seen him live twice in the VFL but I am sure he would be competitive in defence and will make it hard for any forward he minds. They are not going to get much room on him and he is just as good on the ground as in the air. The club picked him as an emergency last week so that is a very clear pointer to him that they consider him close. Selectors use the naming of emergencies and sometimes interchanges as markers as to how close a player is to being in the 22 or out of the 22.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:36 pm

After last week's prediction that Dwyer would be trade bait and that Karnezis would not be selected until he really earned it, I'm tempted to just shut up, but......Moore will play AFL footy this year. Hopefully it won't be until he's had a few months of VFL footy under his belt. Even if the next month sees us bashed from pillar to post, we need to let him develop and not throw him to the wolves. The boy will be a A Grade player; he has everything going for him except the hardened body.

Karnezis did OK but will probably get chopped this week. Dwyer was terrific and will get another run. Trouble is, Dwyer looks great against ordinary opposition; against the good teams he will struggle as he has done in the past. Credit to him though, he was terrific on Friday night.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Won't play forward in AFL until he plays forward in VFL. Don't know why anyone would suggest otherwise.

and How do you know this Rolling Eyes

It's called common sense Dave. You don't train a player as a defender, play him as a defender in the reserves, and then play him forward in the seniors with no preparation. It would be ridiculous. I have no doubt that Moore will eventually play forward, but it won't be until he starts training as a forward.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:56 pm

Let's not do a jack watts on the kid. If he's got the potential to be a 200 game player for us, and very little chance of us being top 4 this year, I'm very happy for him to mature this year

That said, if the club thinks he's ready then I'm looking forward to seeing him.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:
Pretty amazing how he isn't being groomed as a forward. Not that it hasn't been said enough, but if realisticly we plan on a flag in 2-3 years time, that brings Cloke to 30 - past his most effective days as the main man in attack. Unless we plan on relying on Elliott and Gault, or buying a key forward in the near future, Darcy NEEDS to learn to play forward right now. How many agile/extremely athletic 200cm forwards are there?

There is a Reason but the Club has been very quiet about it though Evil or Very Mad

He hasn't exactly had a great run with injury through his TAC career. He's only a skinny kid and I'd rather we take time and let him fill out his frame physically before throwing him into the AFL team.

Playing down back is easier on the body than playing forward, lets just leave him there for at least the first half of the season and take it from there. We want him round for a long time, serving a decent apprenticeship and getting the body right this season is laying the foundation. Lets not be impatient.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
After last week's prediction that Dwyer would be trade bait and that Karnezis would not be selected until he really earned it, I'm tempted to just shut up, but......Moore will play AFL footy this year. Hopefully it won't be until he's had a few months of VFL footy under his belt. Even if the next month sees us bashed from pillar to post, we need to let him develop and not throw him to the wolves. The boy will be a A Grade player; he has everything going for him except the hardened body.

Karnezis did OK but will probably get chopped this week. Dwyer was terrific and will get another run. Trouble is, Dwyer looks great against ordinary opposition; against the good teams he will struggle as he has done in the past. Credit to him though, he was terrific on Friday night.

Agree with Moore. He has everything except the Body and bit more of a Engine

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:08 pm

dalyc wrote:
Let's not do a jack watts on the kid. If he's got the potential to be a 200 game player for us, and very little chance of us being top 4 this year, I'm very happy for him to mature this year

That said, if the club thinks he's ready then I'm looking forward to seeing him.

He is better then Watts and is not Mentally Weak like Watts

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 pm

No need to rush the lad.

If he plays back at this stage, the opposition will isolate him one-out and try and exploit his ( relative) lack of strength.

If he plays forward, he is open to the brutality of hardened defenders who may belt crap out of him every time he leads for the ball.

No need to rush him- 12 months in the VFL to build up for 2016

Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 pm

If he does play, he needs to play forward. If he plays back they will just drag him one out to the goal square and despite his obvious talent, he will be thrown around like a rag doll. The exception there is Daniher but even he has bulked up a bit over summer. Give him a run up forward and let him take the game on and show his natural flair. He will also chase hard and apply plenty of pressure so it's a win/win.
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:33 pm

warburton lad wrote:
No need to rush the lad.

If he plays back at this stage, the opposition will isolate him one-out and try and exploit his ( relative) lack of strength.

If he plays forward, he is open to the brutality of hardened defenders who may belt crap out of him every time he leads for the ball.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 pm

warburton lad wrote:
No need to rush the lad.

Sorry to disappoint, but the lad will play senior footy this season, and possibly this week.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Isaac Heeney is going alright so far, Langdon was a revelation last season.

If the club thinks Moore has done enough to debut then people should be excited not apprehensive.

No one is expecting him to come in and dominate, just contribute and if he has to go back to the VFL it wont be the end of the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: