Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley runs rings around Paul Roos!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:40 pm
Post subject: Nathan Buckley runs rings around Paul Roos!Reply with quote

I just had to say this! Anyone who has been watching AFL360 on Monday nights knows that Bucks' analysis of the game is a good as anybody's. Last night he totally owned Paul Roos over the disaster that was the final seconds of the Melbourne v. St Kilda game. They showed extensive down-the-ground footage of Montagna getting out behind the pack and running straight through to pick up the ball and goal. Roos seemed to stumble over his explanations of what happened, but Bucks was like a laser who saw everything and described the defensive errors to the letter.

Roos has been under enormous pressure in the past month or so on his AFL360 spot. He either blames the past so-called loser culture at Melbourne or the current players. He seems to take no responsibility of his own. Just as well Roos is finishing up at the end of this season because (1) the players are no longer listening to him, and (2) he has been left so far behind where the modern game is at he is as much a dinosaur as Eade and Mick. Nathan Buckley on the other hand seems to understand the complexities of the modern game to a tee.

I thought the jury was out on Nathan Buckley as a coach until this season. I have no doubts at all now that he is in the coaching form of his life, and that he is the right man to lead us to several flags over the next decade.

Bucks has always had an extemely high Footy IQ. I think what has changed with his coaching this year is that he has learned to communicate all that knowledge more effectively to his players. It is truly a wonderful thing to watch Nathan Buckley analyze the game on AFL360 and get all the kudos for it. It makes me proud to say he is a Pies man through and through. Very Happy

P.S. Hiss will probably call me a club plant. I'm not. I just love my Pies like 99% of the posters on Nicks.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a difference listening to Buckley compared to that old sour bloke before him. It's worth watching AFL360 for him. Regarding Roos, he is simply coaching for the Superannuation top up.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Culprit wrote:
What a difference listening to Buckley compared to that old sour bloke before him. It's worth watching AFL360 for him. Regarding Roos, he is simply coaching for the Superannuation top up.

Agree completely. Roos might have topped up his super, but he's done irrepairable damage to his coaching reputation and win-loss record. In reality the Swans were lucky he left when he did, because John Longmire is a truly decent modern coach. Roos is mired in defensive strategies.

Anyway who cares about a has-been. I urge anyone who hasn't watched AFL360 to tune in on Monday nights and watch Bucks explain why he is the smartest guy in the room when it comes to coaches.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Roosey only went there on massive coin from the League, he could not give a rats arse about the Deeeeees. all hes taught them, is his flooding ultra defensive game, that landed him a flag with the defensive swannies. The dees cant do it tho, not capable, Roos will piss off next season, wiith a huge payout, and Goodwin willl take over the baskets case povvo toffs. Bucks runs rings round him as a coach, an attacking coach, not this ultra defence cloggging swan bullshit, that Roos and eade honed.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes I too thought that Bucks was extra impressive last night.

However, I think Roos was being very guarded as he did not want to point the finger at any players for not doing what they should have been doing.

I reckon the segment with the coaches, Bucks and Roos, is easily the best AFL segment on TV as far as footy analysis goes.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Roos has had the softest coaching gig in the league. He's had one foot out the door the entire time he's been at the Demons which, until recently, has meant that he's avoided a lot of media scrutiny about his performance and his future. I'm glad he's getting the acid put on him now.

Last edited by Dangles on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Nathan Buckley runs rings around Paul Roos!Reply with quote

Golden Gordon wrote:
I thought the jury was out on Nathan Buckley as a coach until this season. I have no doubts at all now that he is in the coaching form of his life, and that he is the right man to lead us to several flags over the next decade.

I hear you loudly and clearly and completely agree with you. However please bear in mind that a few of us said the very same thing towards the end of last season when just about every man and his dog here wanted Buck's replaced immediately. It was a feral hunt for Buck’s head. So you can forgive my nervous anticipation of a repeat performance from these silly bloody clowns should Collingwood falter over the next 3-4 weeks. I'm still not fully convinced that the "Sack Buck's Brigade" have all now totally warmed to him and will fully support him when the going gets rough. If we lose the next 4 games, all hell will break loose here, that is Nick's constant for you Rolling Eyes .

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Golden Gordon you remind me of someone.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Some pretty harsh assessments of Roos here. He accepted the toughest gig in the AFL, to coach the basket case that was Melbourne and turn the club around and get them on the right track, in a limited amount of time. He has done just that imo. Melbourne are no longer the joke they were when he took over. They've developed a more attacking side to their game this season after developing a competent defence last year, and they have taken a few scalps along the way. More importantly though, they're a genuinely competitive side, even if they don't have the wins on the board to back it up yet.

Is Roos better than Buckley? IMO, no. But he has done a good job so far in his short time at the Demons, as opposed to another certain premiership coach that took a competent team on the edge of finals, to the bottom of the ladder in only a couple of short years.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 pm
Post subject: Re: Nathan Buckley runs rings around Paul Roos!Reply with quote

Golden Gordon wrote:
I just had to say this! Anyone who has been watching AFL360 on Monday nights knows that Bucks' analysis of the game is a good as anybody's. Last night he totally owned Paul Roos over the disaster that was the final seconds of the Melbourne v. St Kilda game. They showed extensive down-the-ground footage of Montagna getting out behind the pack and running straight through to pick up the ball and goal. Roos seemed to stumble over his explanations of what happened, but Bucks was like a laser who saw everything and described the defensive errors to the letter.

Roos has been under enormous pressure in the past month or so on his AFL360 spot. He either blames the past so-called loser culture at Melbourne or the current players. He seems to take no responsibility of his own. Just as well Roos is finishing up at the end of this season because (1) the players are no longer listening to him, and (2) he has been left so far behind where the modern game is at he is as much a dinosaur as Eade and Mick. Nathan Buckley on the other hand seems to understand the complexities of the modern game to a tee.

Bucks has always had an extemely high Footy IQ. I think what has changed with his coaching this year is that he has learned to communicate all that knowledge more effectively to his players. It is truly a wonderful thing to watch Nathan Buckley analyze the game on AFL360 and get all the kudos for it. It makes me proud to say he is a Pies man through and through. Very Happy

P.S. Hiss will probably call me a club plant. I'm not. I just love my Pies like 99% of the posters on Nicks.

Exactly.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:

a dog's tale.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 pm

By the way Jack, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:34 pm

bucks jumping in to defend hes fellow coaching counterpart and explaining wtf happened kept rossey from tripping over his bottom lip and also kept the hounds at a distance long enough to change the topic of discussion.
roos owes him one.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

a dog's tale.

Hahaha!!
I busted him ages ago, but promised not to out him in a PM. Laughing
Seeing the cat is outta the bag now though....... Laughing

Just let him come back would ya mods, but as someone in pain, not as the dog!! Very Happy

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Clearly Buckley is > than Roos, clearly, clearly he is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: