Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also suspect Moore will debut soon, probably vs Carlton

I hope not as I wont be at that Game Crying or Very sad

Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm

What we can't do is start the game off as slowly as we have been in every game so far this year (including the NAB Challenge) and for large portions of last year (the corresponding game being a prime example) otherwise we'll be cooked.

Whether it's our warm up, mindset or fitness I don't know but the lethargic starts to games are a huge worry and needs fixing asap.

We've shown we can work our way back into games through hard work but the better teams (and I class Essendon as one of them now) don't let you do that as Adelaide showed.

Bring in Adams if 100% fit and perhaps Reid if he's good to go (we need the extra tall down back with Carlisle and Daniher lurking forward) but most importantly bring in a ferocious performance from the opening bounce and hit the ground (and scoreboard) running.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:41 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
I also suspect Moore will debut soon, probably vs Carlton

I hope not as I wont be at that Game Crying or Very sad

Why not? Can't get tickets?

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Just so long as we are very competitive, is all I ask, have a red hot go against the Peptide Bummers. And if someone can take out Chapman for me, that'd be a real bonus !

Well PnC, fair call - and old mate Yazza had a crack for us today.
I'd actually give him 2 weeks credit for that hit-up on baldy poser.

And Brownlow Fraud Cooney did his hammy today too, which is a shame, as I'd prefer he'd have waited until next week to do a soft-tissue injury, to leave them a rotation down.

Dyso

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:59 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Just so long as we are very competitive, is all I ask, have a red hot go against the Peptide Bummers. And if someone can take out Chapman for me, that'd be a real bonus !

Well PnC, fair call - and old mate Yazza had a crack for us today.
I'd actually give him 2 weeks credit for that hit-up on baldy poser.

And Brownlow Fraud Cooney did his hammy today too, which is a shame, as I'd prefer he'd have waited until next week to do a soft-tissue injury, to leave them a rotation down.

Dyso

Yes, I thought he should be given a medal of valour for services to the AFL community at large - actually doing what a whole lot people were wanting to be done a long time ago. Great left hook BTW. Wink

Which Qtr did it happen in?

Seriously though, looks like we'll have to get our hard men to follow up this week. Bring back Young Wink

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Bummers were not that impressive against the scum today, only just fell in really, after being well in control, even their own fans on Bigfooty don't rate them a top four side. If the Scum can scare the hell outa them, we can certainly take them on now with more confidence, their backline seems pretty flimsy, with old man Fletcher just getting by now, on pure nostalgia and sentiment. Im a lot more confident now, the scum have shown us the way, and how to exploit the Bummers weaknesses, and they do have them in abundance too. !

Bumbers will improve each game, effectively playing their preseason and NAB games in these early games, will be very tough to contain.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Wait and see what the VFL brings before thinking too much about the team but if the senior 22 pull up well I can't foresee too many changes.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 am

The slow starts against Adelaide and St.Kilda have been one area of concern for the club that needs to be addressed but one thing going our way however is that Essendon have struggled to finish off games. Even though they miraculously beat the Hawks in round 2 they looked off the pace in the final quarter and look at how they went against the Swans and then the Blues today in the final quarter. I think if we stick with them for three quarters on the idea that we're behind them for most of the match then I think we can overrun them in the final quarter but of course we need to make a fast start next week. Last year's ANZAC Day match was a classic example of our slow starts but thankfully we made a huge comeback and won in the end.

This is a massive match and we'll be underdogs but I'd love to see the boys pull off a huge win! It would lift the club across the board and could do wonders for us heading into the rest of the season! I'm really looking forward to seeing if the boys can back themselves up after an impressive performance last night albeit against weak opposition. Even if we fall short in the end I just want to see plenty of effort from this young team.

If Adams is fit and ready to go he'll definitely be an inclusion into the side as our best in and under player these days. Our VFL match tomorrow against North Ballarat should tell us more about whether any other players will be in consideration this week such as Reid, De Goey, Freeman or even Moore for that matter.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:06 am

the blues could have nearly pinched yesterday's game if it weren't for their own ineptitude. i think we'll be able to run the game out better tham the bombers. it was turnover city and the game was quite ordinary to watch.

the bombers mixed it up a bit with their forward line and had a number of options kicking goals, goddard, merret, howlett alongside daniher and carlisle. i like how travis colyer has been getting the ball playing off a wing and through their midfield. he will be one of many we need to shut down.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 am

Losing to this mob would be a real jab in the guts

Embarassed

DT 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:35 am

Who knows how it will play out next week. Bombers, like the Brions, thrashed us last start when we were on our knees. My observation is that we are now a very fit team that has had a quantum leap improvement in transition running required in today's game. Bucks has instilled a physical and mental toughness into his charges. We need to be switched on at all times as when we lose focus as in the first half of the first quarter against St Kilda we looked terrible.

I had thought Bombers were top 5 but yesterday's effort against Carlton wasn't great. Perhaps they knew they had Carlton's measure and were recovering from the intense game against the Hawks?

In any case, Pies showed signs for the first time this year that there is real and tangible talent coming through. Actually, it is a very exciting time as we are witnessing the rebirth of what will become a top team. Not sure how long they will take to get there but I am now a believer after sitting on the fence for 3 years.

So, we are definitely a sneaky chance to win this clash.

Adams will come into the team for Karnezis is my guess the only change. Not sure who will start as a sub. Crisp will get Watson who is back to top form. Cooney is out so that is good for us as he is a clean ball handler. Great to see Swannie and Pendles in top form heading into next week.

Let's hope Reid and Witts play really well today and give the selectors a headache picking next week's team.

Go Pies, nothing better than winning the Anzac Day match!

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:49 am

lloyd has fixed one of danihers problem and thats his diving
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:37 am

I think we'll get a good indication today as to who from the VFL is in line for selection.

The 6 day break hurts those that might not be 100% ready to go like Reid or Freeman, but we might see one or two players game time pulled back a bit today in preparation for Anzac day.

Witts and Fasolo are the obvious two, although Darcy Moore debuting on Anzac Day would be something we'd remember for ever.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:45 am

mattys123 wrote:
I think we'll get a good indication today as to who from the VFL is in line for selection.

The 6 day break hurts those that might not be 100% ready to go like Reid or Freeman, but we might see one or two players game time pulled back a bit today in preparation for Anzac day.

Witts and Fasolo are the obvious two, although Darcy Moore debuting on Anzac Day would be something we'd remember for ever.

Well - There was talk that Brown went off on Friday with Tightness in the Hamstring.

Be great to see Moore Debut and Destroy Daniher Wink Very Happy

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:55 am

Be even better to see our premier defender on the park, with Moore tearing it up at CHF.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: