Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies smash Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Finally, long kicking out from full back, none of that short crap pocket too pocket, just long booming kicks, did my heart good too see that ol time footy back, hope we keep it up, Goldy boots it a country mile too, reminded me of Jeff Clifton and Ted Potter. !

You must be as old as me!
Ted Potter was a great drop kick.

Agree re Teddy thommo, geat boot and very reliable.

Glad to see young Grundy starting to flex those guns and cause some headaches around the ground, hope we can get some chemistry happening with him and Wittsy - would be a tradgedy to have to trade one if not.

Broomy showed just what he has to offer last night, tired a bit toward the end I think but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe in that.

Crisp is proving a pleasant surprise, aside from his footballing attibutes which are better than advertised he seems to have a bit of mongrel in him which I love.

Varcoe showed just why we traded him in, has class but also is bloody good in a scrum when he gets his head into a game.

Lots of people saying we have to temper our happiness because of the quality of the opposition and their outs . . .

HMMM . . .

Have a look at our team sheets and remember who we had out and that our midfield depth was so shallow that we had to play Pendles with a sore ankle. Sure they won the spoon last year but we finished just above them, plus they rolled the Suns last week. I'm certainly not over the moon and crowing "Lock it in Eddie!!!" But seriously for a young team still gelling with lots of experience and talent still to come into the side we did bloody well.

As for those calling for young Gault's head - are you people for real??

Sure the kid lowered his colours on the night but he never stopped presenting on a night that definitely didn't suit him conditions wise. If you will just turn your attention to the other end of the ground a certain number one draft pick had an even dirtier night out.

Get real people and give the kid a run at it, he certainly provides better structure for us up there with Cloke being left a bit freer.
mosig 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jayel wrote:
Well done boys. I enjoyed that one. From what I saw though, I would be bringing Fasolo back to replace Williams in the backline. I just can't warm to Marley. For some reason I keep thinking there is a ticker issue with him. I can't quote specific examples, it's more a feeling. We also need a tall mobile backman who doesn't have drug related issues. Reid into that what you will! Smile

I think Marley is probably too limited to have a long career. However, I do not see any "ticker" problem - to the contrary, I think he is a very hard-working and desperate defender. Fasolo is a much more skilled footballer but I don't think he can do William's lock-down job and I doubt he will get the chance any time soon.

From Buck's presser it seems Marley was given some kind of specific (negating) role... I couldn't really tell.. but the coach was pleased so he obviously saw what he wanted to see..
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Varcoe had some angry pills last night or bucks must of given the ultimatum. Haven't seen him like that ever in fact would easily win a Copeland doing just that.
Grundy to swan was awesome to see.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Fantastic effort after about half way through the first quarter.

Swanny was back to his best, hope he saved some for next week.

Grundy continues to improve every week, and appears to have learnt to harness his mongrel.

It was the kids who really impressed me. Broomy, Crisp, Oxley, Ramsay etc. Its really exciting to watch their progress.

I really think that the 3 talls works well. Whether Witts will be ready for next week remains to be seen. If he's not, I'm happy for Galt to hold his spot.

The Saints are pretty poor, but a 12 goal win is a 12 goal win. The more misery we can inflict on that mob, the happier I am.

As for Cloke's kicking, its never going to change. Somedays he'll kick 8.3, somedays he'll kick 4.7.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Doc63 wrote:

Grundy continues to improve every week, and appears to have learnt to harness his mongrel.

It was the kids who really impressed me. Broomy, Crisp, Oxley, Ramsay etc. Its really exciting to watch their progress.

I really think that the 3 talls works well. Whether Witts will be ready for next week remains to be seen. If he's not, I'm happy for Galt to hold his spot.

The Saints are pretty poor, but a 12 goal win is a 12 goal win. The more misery we can inflict on that mob, the happier I am.

As for Cloke's kicking, its never going to change. Somedays he'll kick 8.3, somedays he'll kick 4.7.

Cloke has never kicked 8 goals in a game. In fact, he's only ever kicked 7 goals on one occasion. For a player of his skill and physique this is a shocking statistic. Sadly, he has never been a big goal kicker, compared with recent great forwards like Brown, Fevola, Reiwoldt, Buddy etc, who could rip games apart and kick big bags of goals. Cloke is a good player, but sadly is not and never will be a great player.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:14 pm

rad wrote:
Varcoe did well to get us going. He adds something we don't get from any other player on our list. A little magic. He will have quiet moments but even if he gets us enough wins during the year against the lesser teams he has done his job.

It's all about chalking up wins in the first half of the season. The second half is when you look at how you win and what you want the team to look like considering injuries. Enough wins early with some key players coming back means a fight for positions.

4 points - move on to next week, reload and go again.

Varcoe brings that intensity every week and he'll win a few hearts at Collingwood. Was very very good with his 2nd & 3rd efforts.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Nice to win after that terrible start. The mistakes in that game were horrendous. I was laughing often. I watched on Tv though. Can someone who was there desribe how slippery the ball was?

The best part was that a midfield missing Adams, Greenwood, Sidey and Thomas had 77 inside 50's. How did that happen?

Obviously rain before and during the game and there was a lot of slipping going on but overall good conditions for footy. Mistakes by both sides were generally just poor execution.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:18 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
16 centre bounce involvements for Tim Broomhead tonight. Only 1 last week.

Had 22 disposals as well.

Midfield is this kid's destiny.

As those of us who've watched his VFL game have always known. Another couple of preseasons and he'll be more than handy.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Jayel wrote:
Well done boys. I enjoyed that one. From what I saw though, I would be bringing Fasolo back to replace Williams in the backline. I just can't warm to Marley. For some reason I keep thinking there is a ticker issue with him. I can't quote specific examples, it's more a feeling. We also need a tall mobile backman who doesn't have drug related issues. Reid into that what you will! Smile

What! Fas for Williams! Seriously! Did you watch the game?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:40 pm

mosig wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Jayel wrote:

I think Marley is probably too limited to have a long career. However, I do not see any "ticker" problem - to the contrary, I think he is a very hard-working and desperate defender. Fasolo is a much more skilled footballer but I don't think he can do William's lock-down job and I doubt he will get the chance any time soon.

From Buck's presser it seems Marley was given some kind of specific (negating) role... I couldn't really tell.. but the coach was pleased so he obviously saw what he wanted to see..

Yeah, spent most of the night with 1 leg in a pair of white shorts. Not sure who he was on (so many new players at the saints and they all look the same) but he was constantly niggling and harassing.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Williams and Seedsman were both bloody ordinary early.

Ramsay is probably the biggest surprise of the season so far, is outperforming Williams at present and his ball use by foot is generally very good unlike Williams and Toovey.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Doc63 wrote:

Cloke has never kicked 8 goals in a game. In fact, he's only ever kicked 7 goals on one occasion. For a player of his skill and physique this is a shocking statistic. Sadly, he has never been a big goal kicker, compared with recent great forwards like Brown, Fevola, Reiwoldt, Buddy etc, who could rip games apart and kick big bags of goals. Cloke is a good player, but sadly is not and never will be a great player.

It was more the fluctuations in accuracy that I was attempting to highlight.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Looked like a training run last night, should be just what we need for a massive Anzac day. Bucks has to get the match ups spot on from the first bounce and we need to be ready for a much quicker and tougher team than st failure will ever be.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:38 pm

LOLs at those outside the club saying "You beat a side full of kids, rebuilding...blah blah blah"

St Kilda's avg games per player last night - 74.2
Collingwood's avg games per player last night - 75.4

Yeah, we killed them with that extra 150 minutes of football experience per player! Almost feel sorry for the Aints...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Those crucifying Varcoe after two games, have been shown how dumb they are, for chrissakes, hes only played three games for us, takes time to settle in, know our players etc, and he answered his critics beautifully last night. Heaps of egg on faces of some around here, that's for sure. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: