Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game day experience tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
Looks like Richmond hired our dance troupe from last year and dressed 'em in Tiger mascot costumes for their half-time show. They made my eyes and ears hurt, it was really difficult holding a conversation with the kids, was just too bloody loud.

Their pop music during the warm-up was even louder than ours, extremely annoying.

Even more disturbingly though - 1/3 of the ground at halftime was sectioned off for a sponsored "kick-to-kick" between mostly adults.
That there leaves about 60 odd Auskick kids that won't get on each week Richmond has a home game.

Richmond - FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They where worse then us with there Entertainment

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm

Tigers had Sponsorship Crap after every goal and a Tiger Roar.

That was so Crap

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 am

Dave The Man wrote:

That was so Crap

I'm pretty certain that every club has that after every goal when they're the home team so the Tigers are no different here.

I hate what it's become but I doubt it'll revert back to normality or what I consider 'normality' before LED became a big phenomenon in the AFL.

E 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:29 am

King Monkey wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The biggest question is why do we keep getting this shite jammed down our throat when we've told them time and again we don't want it?

This is the question I'd like someone at Collingwood to answer please.

Sadly for you and I (you know the ones who have a decent attention span, even when the footy is the only entertainment being offered), we live in an age where we are raising a generation of kids with attention deficit disorder. Children of today are more interested in following social media than living and seeing real things and so the AFL is just trying to keep their attention.

The really sad part about what the AFL are doing, is that they have borrowed these concepts from US baseball and basketball. These are two sports that found that due to the stop start nature of the game, there are literally hundreds of moments in a game when nothing is happening.

Interestingly, those sports let people rest at quarter time and half time and tend to only play music and have entertainment during the time outs and other stoppages.

NFL is an engaging sport and simply doesn't need the ra ra as the game has all the ra ra people need. The music is less of a factor in NFL. In Europe, soccer is the closest example to AFL. The game flows for 45 minutes per half with very few breaks in the entertainment inside the game. They also don't need music.

Not sure why the AFL has done this. I don't think the sport needs the music. The roar of the crowd used to be enough.

AFL is similar.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Quote:

GEELONG CATS vs. CARLTON

Friday, May 22 | Etihad Stadium | 7.50pm
Gates Open 5.45pm

PRE-MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

7.39pm Carlton Team Entry

7.39pm Geelong Cats Team Entry

not sure that can be classified as a "highlight".

interesting to see that there is nothing else being offered in the way of "game day experience" unless the afl was not notified in time for publication.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:12 pm

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

That was so Crap

I'm pretty certain that every club has that after every goal when they're the home team so the Tigers are no different here.

I hate what it's become but I doubt it'll revert back to normality or what I consider 'normality' before LED became a big phenomenon in the AFL.

God - I hate it and Shows that Footy has just come about Making Money

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

i wonder if this is where they want our game to head in terms of game day experience? i think richmond has set up a tailgate party area prior to their home games. the yarra park car park on grand final day is very much like this.

http://blog.expedia.com.au/going-to-an-american-football-game/

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
i wonder if this is where they want our game to head in terms of game day experience? i think richmond has set up a tailgate party area prior to their home games. the yarra park car park on grand final day is very much like this.

I think that is what Exacly what the AFL and Clubs want for some weird reason.

We live in Australia not America Rolling Eyes

Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 am

John Wren wrote:

Where this works in my opinion, is when you have one team per town/state.

Plus take into account there are 300m odd people in their country.

I can see where the afl want to take it and I do get it. Unfortunately with the threat of soccer the league has to continue to evolve. Unfortunately some hardcore fans who are dead against it will feel alienated and some just won't care.

Me personally, I'm just sick of Collingwood being an all take and no give club. Then take my hard earned and spend it on bullshit like fireworks.

I've often thought of dropping my Collingwood membership and hoping I can continue with an AFL membership with no club support so the filthy bean counters at Collingwood don't get the $150 donation.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 am

i am not really au fait with nfl or college football because i don't like the sport so give it scant attention. if it is the one team, one town set up it would mean that you'd rarely get back to back games at home and sometimes it could be up to a month before your team plays at home again. this should create a premium for each game. the same thing happens in nz with rugby, i.e. irregular home games, but the crowds there have dipped significantly.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:49 am

Brenny wrote:

Me personally, I'm just sick of Collingwood being an all take and no give club. Then take my hard earned and spend it on bullshit like fireworks.

I've often thought of dropping my Collingwood membership and hoping I can continue with an AFL membership with no club support so the filthy bean counters at Collingwood don't get the $150 donation.

i am ok with giving some money to the club but i found the "added value" of the legends membership no longer of any value. the afl membership represents better value if you can live without the other stuff. keep the club support in case we make the grad final again one day.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:57 pm

how this has changed over the course of the year. we'll now be told how to support.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:50 pm

Be like TV crowds with canned laughter and applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: