Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game day experience tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated numerous times, people trying to justify their positions.

Was Justin Reeves at Collingwood, Travis Auld and Simon Lethlean I believe are the 2 public names in the relevant positions at the AFL.
Obviously with "go get 'em" types that also need to justify a salary as part of their teams.

Well, they might start listening as we start either not renewing or downgrading our memberships.
If they think I'm going to keep forking out about $1500 odd each year for an adult and two junior Legends memberships, only to have peripheral rubbish detracting from the game and killing the enjoyment & atmosphere in the process - think again!!

And guess what; the kids that are supposedly being marketed to won't be going if I don't!!

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:55 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The biggest question is why do we keep getting this shite jammed down our throat when we've told them time and again we don't want it?

This is the question I'd like someone at Collingwood to answer please.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Your polite style is very nice. Is it the only one?
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
they might be a rancid mob but tonight's pregame effort by them was pretty good.

Relevant to their club, and enhancing the feeling that it was a home game although played at a neutral venue.

If we are forced to endure a "Game Day Experience," that statement is as it should be.
"Relevant" is the word.

Sparkles greeting the players' entry, Pop Music blaring during the warm-up, Kiss-Cam during the quarter breaks, and a fake chant leading up to the first bounce, certainly do not qualify as relevant.
They all however, qualify as insulting.

(Although, Essendon's thing would lose effect if done to that extent every week. More a once a year type thing for mine as a whole.
I did like the darkening the stadium with the spotlight on the players as they emerged from the race; a simple, effective, well-implemented, good idea, that may have actually added to the atmosphere. A bit of NBA dazzle-dazzle without the cringe factor and fake noise.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Seriously, they have a sponge bob with tiger pants
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Looks like Richmond hired our dance troupe from last year and dressed 'em in Tiger mascot costumes for their half-time show. They made my eyes and ears hurt, it was really difficult holding a conversation with the kids, was just too bloody loud.

Their pop music during the warm-up was even louder than ours, extremely annoying.

Even more disturbingly though - 1/3 of the ground at halftime was sectioned off for a sponsored "kick-to-kick" between mostly adults.
That there leaves about 60 odd Auskick kids that won't get on each week Richmond has a home game.

Richmond - FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:18 pm

King Monkey wrote:
John Wren wrote:
they might be a rancid mob but tonight's pregame effort by them was pretty good.

Relevant to their club, and enhancing the feeling that it was a home game although played at a neutral venue.

If we are forced to endure a "Game Day Experience," that statement is as it should be.
"Relevant" is the word.

Sparkles greeting the players' entry, Pop Music blaring during the warm-up, Kiss-Cam during the quarter breaks, and a fake chant leading up to the first bounce, certainly do not qualify as relevant.
They all however, qualify as insulting.

(Although, Essendon's thing would lose effect if done to that extent every week. More a once a year type thing for mine as a whole.
I did like the darkening the stadium with the spotlight on the players as they emerged from the race; a simple, effective, well-implemented, good idea, that may have actually added to the atmosphere. A bit of NBA dazzle-dazzle without the cringe factor and fake noise.)

they renamed etihad "the barracks". it's their home ground and they made it feel like it was.

i think the tigers call the mcg "the den". i like their drumming crew.

you get no real sense that any home game for us is a home game even with the club driven led signage. i like how a lot of clubs honour their past players and their history. what do we do? we have half-baked "celebrities" standing with the banner. i am yet to see anything done by the club that wows us and is innovative. at least essendon had a crack with the dimming of the lights, their laser light show and the players running on to the field in darkness.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:57 pm

John Wren wrote:
i am yet to see anything done by the club that wows us and is innovative.

Isn't this attitude the problem, though? Why do we have to innovate? Isn't a game of football sufficient?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Just keep talking to me as long as you can.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 pm

David wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Isn't this attitude the problem, though? Why do we have to innovate? Isn't a game of football sufficient?

you would think the footy is enough but if they have to shove an experience down our throat why is it the same boring stuff?

my desire to see "innovative" relates to the game having a collingwood feel, a sense of homeliness.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:27 pm

David wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Nope - The Club wants to be like American Sports Rolling Eyes

Last time I checked we are Aussies

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:56 am

David wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Yes exactly! I just think this idea of having a 'match-day experience' which is designed to enhance the match-day experience has indadvertedly destroyed the match day experience for footy supporters and has therefore lost a few people who no longer attend the footy with this being one of several possible reasons as to why some people don't attend anymore.

I can guarantee you that an overwhelming majority love football and attend the footy because they love the actual game itself rather than the entertainment (also known as 'Americanisation) element that has crept up into the league in the last few years. This clear vision of enhancing the match-day experience is all about appealing to the 'casual' supporter because the AFL knows that die-hards will attend regardless.

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:46 am

^Correct Jezza.
But for how much longer??

How's that song go again??
"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone....."

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm seriously considering not going to any games ever again. The electronic advertising continually flashing around the stands is a form of visual assault. It drives me mad and actually makes it difficult to watch the game. I always take my mum to the footy and she found it so difficult to watch the game, with the coloured signs continually changing that she has already declared she won't ever go again. Seems like capitalism has finally killed the game for me. Such a shame our President doesn't use his influence and high profile to pressure the AFL to get rid of this insulting and abusive phenomenon, at OUR HOME games at least. It might bring in money in the short term, but in the long run it is actually killing the game.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm seriously considering not going to any games ever again. The electronic advertising continually flashing around the stands is a form of visual assault. It drives me mad and actually makes it difficult to watch the game. I always take my mum to the footy and she found it so difficult to watch the game, with the coloured signs continually changing that she has already declared she won't ever go again. Seems like capitalism has finally killed the game for me. Such a shame our President doesn't use his influence and high profile to pressure the AFL to get rid of this insulting and abusive phenomenon, at OUR HOME games at least. It might bring in money in the short term, but in the long run it is actually killing the game.

yeah i really hate that flashing lights display during the game its just to distracting. id hate to be epileptic.

i dont mind something shooting around the arena just after a goal, but on sunday it was flashing between red and white background while shooting for gaol. like Cloke needs any more distractions!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: