Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Muslims V Christians V Satanists V Conspiracy theorists V ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awa' an bile yer heid! Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:48 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Ok so you think having to pay for halal certification is justified?

You can't see why people are upset the products cost more?

How about for things like milk or yogurt, where halal certification means squat?

It's not the issue & it's a baloney argument designed to get the gullible backs up as part of a wider disinformation campaign with malevolent intent about Muslims. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a lot wrong with Islam & it's followers a lot of the time.

Talk to me about ritual slaughter then that is highly likely to be a different matter.

Boy firing tonight!

It is the issue, it's a bullshit way to get manufacturers (different to producers of real food) to pay a Muslim tax. And we pay for it. And yes, the cruel slaughter methods come into it. It's not necessary, and it's bullshit. Halal and those cruel methods, is all bullshit.

And the people, the $$%^%%$ sheep who follow these ridiculous requirements are $$%^%%$ stupid brainwashed fools.

Muslim tax. TP really.

I've got a second hand car I'd like to sell you - genuine one lady driver, never been in an accident, ahem. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

How about for things like milk or yogurt, where halal certification means squat?

It's not the issue & it's a baloney argument designed to get the gullible backs up as part of a wider disinformation campaign with malevolent intent about Muslims. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a lot wrong with Islam & it's followers a lot of the time.

Talk to me about ritual slaughter then that is highly likely to be a different matter.

Boy firing tonight!

It is the issue, it's a bullshit way to get manufacturers (different to producers of real food) to pay a Muslim tax. And we pay for it. And yes, the cruel slaughter methods come into it. It's not necessary, and it's bullshit. Halal and those cruel methods, is all bullshit.

And the people, the $$%^%%$ sheep who follow these ridiculous requirements are $$%^%%$ stupid brainwashed fools.

Muslim tax. TP really.

I've got a second hand car I'd like to sell you - genuine one lady driver, never been in an accident, ahem. Wink

What do you call it then? Who's it paid to? Doesn't go into Aussie government coffers.

As for the car, yeah ok, Ive forgotten more than you'll ever know about buying a second hand car! Try a different one!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:27 pm

WPT, you'd know better than meis it common practice for neo-nazis to refer to Kosher certification as a "Jew tax"?
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:39 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Boy firing tonight!

Muslim tax. TP really.

What do you call it then? Who's it paid to? Doesn't go into Aussie government coffers.

As for the car, yeah ok, Ive forgotten more than you'll ever know about buying a second hand car! Try a different one!

FFs it's a service fee paid to an accredited religious authority who come out and inspect the production facilities and continue to provide site inspections to ensure manufacturers comply with Halal standards. The fees are so small that apprarently they don't even add noticeably to wholesale costs much less retail costs. In about the same time it took you to read the bullshit facebook post/s going around about the 'danger of Halal' you could have looked up what it is, how it is collected, where the money goes etc etc yourself...if you had the inclination... Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 pm

That is an interesting application.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:50 pm

David wrote:
WPT, you'd know better than meis it common practice for neo-nazis to refer to Kosher certification as a "Jew tax"?

I don't agree with that either,

Like a bacon sandwich?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Not a bad article on Halal certification

Quote:
SOCIAL media can be a useful tool for consumers to talk back to companies. Sometimes, its used for good. But sometimes, its used to bully a business thats done nothing wrong.
Theres a pervasive conspiracy theory floating out there. Youve probably heard or read it at some point. It goes something like this: That all real Australians should stop buying halal-certified food or youll inadvertently end up funding terrorists.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/halal-conspiracy-theorists-bullying-australian-businesses/story-fn9evb64-1227119726790

HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:50 pm

I believe I have heard that somewhere before.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Not a bad article on Halal certification

Quote:
SOCIAL media can be a useful tool for consumers to talk back to companies. Sometimes, its used for good. But sometimes, its used to bully a business thats done nothing wrong.
Theres a pervasive conspiracy theory floating out there. Youve probably heard or read it at some point. It goes something like this: That all real Australians should stop buying halal-certified food or youll inadvertently end up funding terrorists.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/small-business/halal-conspiracy-theorists-bullying-australian-businesses/story-fn9evb64-1227119726790

Thanks Stui. Good to see this from the website of a Murdoch tabloid, because a good deal of that audience is ground zero for this rubbish.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:32 pm

ive seriously never thought of it that way. how come its okay to bully Australian, or more likely, foreign companies doing business here, into getting bullshit certification?

its blackmail.

if Cadbury didn't have that little symbol, you think they would go broke? nope. me neither.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Yeah, I linked the Murdoch article deliberately, there are a few others out there as well.

Interesting though the amount of misleading info out there, doing the simple google search on the terms "Halal certification australia" comes up with both sides of the debate. Very easy to find info to support any view.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:43 pm

think positive wrote:
ive seriously never thought of it that way. how come its okay to bully Australian, or more likely, foreign companies doing business here, into getting bullshit certification?

its blackmail.

if Cadbury didn't have that little symbol, you think they would go broke? nope. me neither.

To be honest i really don't care about it, all these certification programs are BS at least this one has some basis. For a devout Muslim it lets them know the food is OK to eat, for the rest of us it should mean nothing.

The Heart Foundation tick is more of a rort IMO, companies pay to get a tick so that the consumer thinks the food is healthy .

HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:47 pm

You can say that again.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

think positive wrote:

its blackmail.

Where's the bullying or blackmail? It's purely a business decision a business will make to appeal to a potential market. It might be bullshit to you but for Muslims and Jews this kind of certification is a fundamental part of them being able to practice their religion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13   

Jump to: