Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - North Ballarat vs Collingwood at Eureka Stadium

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Roosters should have this won by now...

45-60

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Reid crunched, down in the rooms...
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Roosters goal, game over.

45-67

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Roosters goal.

45-73

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Another one to them.

45-80

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Siren.

FULL TIME.

North Ballarat 11.14.80
Collingwood 6.9.45

GOALS - Fasolo 2, Collopy, Cox, Moloney, Still

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Pies down by 35 points in the season opener.

Yet to win a game at Eureka Stadium.

Over to you...

mugway05 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Any news on Reid?

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Can someone provide an overview of how Moore, Witts, Freeman and De Goey performed?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:57 pm

First game report of the afternoon, courtesy of London Pie over on Bigfooty...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-1-north-ballarat-vs-collingwood-at-eureka-stadium.1093673/page-7#post-38044309

Quote:
Sorry folks phone decided it had enough halfway through the third quarter.
Am home in front of the heater thawing out now! What a day for football....
I wouldn't be reading too much personally into the result, we look to have quite a few out there not up to the level of vfl on the top up list (as well as one or two on the afl list...)
So the good stuff, and once again the man the legend the persons that is Darcy Moore, did fade a little at the end but for me was the stand out on the field. I seemed to be getting stalked by Peter and mrs Moore throughout the game, seemed to be wherever I sat they were next to me, really wanted to thank them for shagging that night to produce what I think will be one of the club greats. He seems to have it all and at such a young age. While I'd love to see him in the ones next week I don't know if he'd benefit from a go up forward in the twos give him exposure at both ends.
Witts for me is ready to come back in, had a great game against Stephenson and his ground work was brilliant.
Freeman will be a jet. In and under getting the hard ball and pace to burn. Was happy to see him get through the game as the last time I watched him live was at the ill fated game at kardinia park
De goey will be a future star. Has a tonne of confidence and skill but just needs to realise he isn't the big fish in the small bowl anymore. Got caught a few times trying to do too much.
Reid did everything you would expect, I am none the wiser as to whether he was injured or not but we need to keep in mind he was playing on the 18/19 year old Sam durdin but would still happily see him back in the ones
Fas for me has definitely put his hand up for recall, his second efforts and run were great to see and was providing good leadership on the ground also. The goals were a bonus that you'd expect of someone if his talent
Marsh really grew on me as the game went on. He seems to me to be a candidate to take over the maxy role, was great with the one per centers and found himself loose in the right places in defense also
As for the rest of the AFL boys I think they definitely need more time. Maynard seems a hard nut who takes no shit, manteit showed promise just needs to keep his feet, Abbott is an absolute tank of a kid who could be a wrecking ball in years to come, Armstrong while not terrible in the end still didn't show what he did in the AFL at the end of 2014.
As for the coaches I think tarks is a great talker and will make a great head coach one day, pebbles was a good talker too but you didn't get the 'he's a natural a this' feeling as you did from tarks.
That's me done I've thawed out time to crack another cold one!!
The future is bright in magpie land!!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Thanks for the reports guys. Too busy at work to follow it till now.

How did my men Abbott, Witts & Goodyear go?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:12 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
First game report of the afternoon, courtesy of London Pie over on Bigfooty...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-1-north-ballarat-vs-collingwood-at-eureka-stadium.1093673/page-7#post-38044309

Quote:
Sorry folks phone decided it had enough halfway through the third quarter.
Am home in front of the heater thawing out now! What a day for football....
I wouldn't be reading too much personally into the result, we look to have quite a few out there not up to the level of vfl on the top up list (as well as one or two on the afl list...)
So the good stuff, and once again the man the legend the persons that is Darcy Moore, did fade a little at the end but for me was the stand out on the field. I seemed to be getting stalked by Peter and mrs Moore throughout the game, seemed to be wherever I sat they were next to me, really wanted to thank them for shagging that night to produce what I think will be one of the club greats. He seems to have it all and at such a young age. While I'd love to see him in the ones next week I don't know if he'd benefit from a go up forward in the twos give him exposure at both ends.
Witts for me is ready to come back in, had a great game against Stephenson and his ground work was brilliant.
Freeman will be a jet. In and under getting the hard ball and pace to burn. Was happy to see him get through the game as the last time I watched him live was at the ill fated game at kardinia park
De goey will be a future star. Has a tonne of confidence and skill but just needs to realise he isn't the big fish in the small bowl anymore. Got caught a few times trying to do too much.
Reid did everything you would expect, I am none the wiser as to whether he was injured or not but we need to keep in mind he was playing on the 18/19 year old Sam durdin but would still happily see him back in the ones
Fas for me has definitely put his hand up for recall, his second efforts and run were great to see and was providing good leadership on the ground also. The goals were a bonus that you'd expect of someone if his talent
Marsh really grew on me as the game went on. He seems to me to be a candidate to take over the maxy role, was great with the one per centers and found himself loose in the right places in defense also
As for the rest of the AFL boys I think they definitely need more time. Maynard seems a hard nut who takes no shit, manteit showed promise just needs to keep his feet, Abbott is an absolute tank of a kid who could be a wrecking ball in years to come, Armstrong while not terrible in the end still didn't show what he did in the AFL at the end of 2014.
As for the coaches I think tarks is a great talker and will make a great head coach one day, pebbles was a good talker too but you didn't get the 'he's a natural a this' feeling as you did from tarks.
That's me done I've thawed out time to crack another cold one!!
The future is bright in magpie land!!!

Thanks for posting that, MB. I'm sorry you couldn't get to the game.

It looks from this like Freeman, De Goey, Witts and Moore are all chances for next week. Did anyone else see the game live?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Just got back after the long drive to and back from North Ballarat.

Really disappointing end to the game, didn't score hardly for the last 45 minutes after levelling the scores.

Short review of each player;

1; Alex Fasolo; Played really well, mainly as a small forward, could have kicked 4 goals, kicked 2 and tried hard all day. I'd consider him a chance for Anzac Day. Just happy that he really committed himself after being dropped
15; Jarrod Witts; Rucked the majority of the game but looked buggered in the final quarter. One nice pass to Cox inside 50 was the best thing he did around the ground all day, but he did play well.
17; Jono Marsh; He has so much talent, then makes school boy errors, gave away 3 goals today through mistakes, one was a shocking free kick that shouldn't have been paid though. Has such a big future.
20; Ben Reid; Along with Marsh kept us in the game for so long, his booming left foot has been missed so much at senior level. Once again taken off halfway through the last quarter, was that in preperation for AD or just where he's at?
21; Nathan Freeman; Didn't have a good first half but along with De Goey had a very good second half. He can break tackles and win his own ball, but his strength is getting out in space.
27; Armstrong; Servicable, did ok with his kicking but lacks that hardness for someone playing down back.
30; Darcy Moore; Played on Durdin and Preuss today, and did fairly well from a defensive stand point. Didn't attack off half back as much as last week but along with Marsh and Reid kept us in it.
35; Jordan De Goey; Still has a way to go but wow he will be something special. Him and Freeman both are so hard at it, and have bodies that are just ready to take on this game. Played better in the 2nd and third terms then his start, but he's coming along nicely.
37; Bayden Maynard; I like the kid, his booming kick is a bonus, and he's hard at when he needs to be. Needs to get involved more.
38; Matthew Goodyear; DIdn't do a lot but what he does is exciting. Burst out of half back once there, ran off the NB players the missed the kick, would have been nice.
39; Michael Manteit; A little like Goodyear, didn't do a heap but what he does has some class about it.
41; Brendon Abbott; same as the previous 3, doesn't do enough yet to warrant a senior game but there's signs that he will make it.
46; Mason Cox; Gets lost at time but can take a big mark when needed. Kicked a nice goal after a Witts pass, taking a big stretching mark. Work in progress.

Of the VFL listed players Callopy, Moloney, Borthwick and Still stood out, that forward line and midfield really struggled, especially late on though.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks for the wrap up fellas ...... Much appreciated. It's a long drive to the local grounds I grew up around from from central qld. So your reports mean a lot.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks for the report guys. Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: