Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie sums up our potential season !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Eddie sums up our potential season !Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IN the latest edition of "Black and White ", our Eddie sums up the potential of our season, with these words, "there will be some grim days, and some good days ". I reckon hes absolutely correct, with this very young team we have now, there will indeed be some good wins, and some damn awful losses, we just have to ride this out, best we can. Look, we wont win the flag this season, or next, but I would expect us to have a real shot at it in season 2017, top four spot, and then hopefully, GF berths in 2018-2020 , well that's how I see it panning out, anyhow. Thoughts Question

Oh what a load of crap. More excuses while other Clubs manage to deliver results. This whole post is all about endorsing mediocrity and making excuses for unacceptable failure. One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Freemantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

Laughing Been at the Corio 5 star again, have we ol chum ?? Razz

Why oh why do you go down to the gutter with your snide abuse.
It is pathetic.
I don't care if you attack his ideas but you seem to be another of the countless Nicks puritan brigade members.

Oh for chrissakes, get a life, Hiss is the master of snide pokes and abuse, he gives it out in spades, if you give it out, you have to take it too. ! Lighten up for petes sake, grow a bit of humour. Hes always bragging how he loves Corio five star too. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Hiss wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Hiss wrote:

. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

LOL. Yes, imagine we ae Richmond and Carlton who have followed the low road all their modern history and have the failure to show for it.

Look if we are reduced to comparing ourselves to dud clubs like that we will undoubtably become like them long term. There are some of us following Collingwood that are now starting to speak out and say no to this crap failure and arrogant power control of our club that is producing failure year after year. I will not get on here and offer puerile excuses and baseless predictions to when we will win the next flag. I

You need a holiday Hiss, or perhaps some work experience at the Institute of Public Affairs? That'd improve the fatty liver problem without doubt.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

regan is true fullback wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Quote:
One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Fremantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season

Notice anything interesting here?

Apart from Hawthorn, who have a good administration after 17 years of failure, what is the sum total of premierships for the other 3 in the past 15 years? that's right - zilch, zippo, nada.

Footscray are always producing the most exciting youngsters, and the most Brownlow medalists, but when is the last time they won 2 finals in the one year, let alone a flag? that's right, 1954.

Fremantle have one runners up place to bless themselves with and Essendon have not won a final since 2003. In the past 14 years our mob has won 13 finals.

You are either a contender, like Hawthorn or the Swans, a sort of contender, like Richmond and Footscray, or you play the kids.

Does Hiss also realise, the Dogs have not even PLAYED IN A GF since way, way back in 1961, when nobody had even heard of the Beatles ??. Yep, great example Hiss, keep em coming. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IN the latest edition of "Black and White ", our Eddie sums up the potential of our season, with these words, "there will be some grim days, and some good days ". I reckon hes absolutely correct, with this very young team we have now, there will indeed be some good wins, and some damn awful losses, we just have to ride this out, best we can. Look, we wont win the flag this season, or next, but I would expect us to have a real shot at it in season 2017, top four spot, and then hopefully, GF berths in 2018-2020 , well that's how I see it panning out, anyhow. Thoughts Question

Oh what a load of crap. More excuses while other Clubs manage to deliver results. This whole post is all about endorsing mediocrity and making excuses for unacceptable failure. One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Freemantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season. Imagine Imagine. Quiet frankly i am sick of the bullshit and excuses for failure every year. How about Eddie also consider he might have been President for far too long. Imagine that. Even Kennett realised his time was up. Imagine we had a Club where competition was fierce and results were the only option acceptable to the fans. Imagine we had supporters who did not make excuses for failure and demanded better one Premiership since 1990. Just imagine what sort of Club we could be!

It is pathetic.
I don't care if you attack his ideas but you seem to be another of the countless Nicks puritan brigade members.

Oh for chrissakes, get a life, Hiss is the master of snide pokes and abuse, he gives it out in spades, if you give it out, you have to take it too. ! Lighten up for petes sake, grow a bit of humour. Hes always bragging how he loves Corio five star too. Rolling Eyes

He is spot in. I am fully entitled to question our Club failing. I notice in your attack on me not once did you deal with the issue of our poor performances. Instead you attack me for daring to raise it. Nicks puritan brigade members! Well said by that other poster. What about dealing with why we are an embarrassment to watch against Adelaide? Stop making excuses for failure and start joining us in demanding a winning culture.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It is pathetic.

He is spot in. I am fully entitled to question our Club failing. I notice in your attack on me not once did you deal with the issue of our poor performances. Instead you attack me for daring to raise it. Nicks puritan brigade members! Well said by that other poster. What about dealing with why we are an embarrassment to watch against Adelaide? Stop making excuses for failure and start joining us in demanding a winning culture.

ME a Puritan ???? that's a laugh, LOL, oh yes, and keep on with the winning culture at Footscray, a team that last made a GF in bloody 1961, as I previously mentioned. Laughing Laughing

Bay Pie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:26 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Quote:
One can only imagine if we were a Club like Hawthorn, Fremantle, Essendon, Footscray, etc that have a winning culture every season

Notice anything interesting here?

Apart from Hawthorn, who have a good administration after 17 years of failure, what is the sum total of premierships for the other 3 in the past 15 years? that's right - zilch, zippo, nada.

Footscray are always producing the most exciting youngsters, and the most Brownlow medalists, but when is the last time they won 2 finals in the one year, let alone a flag? that's right, 1961.

Fremantle have one runners up place to bless themselves with and Essendon have not won a final since 2003. In the past 14 years our mob has won 13 finals.

You are either a contender, like Hawthorn or the Swans, a sort of contender, like Richmond and Footscray, or you play the kids.

LOL, I thought the same thing but you've articulated it perfectly. Hiss, really didn't think about those nominated teams all that well.

Just play the kids. If we finish the year with a top 5 pick, Sam Weideman may get to where he belongs, Pieland.

Contenders - Port, Hawthorn, Swans & Freo. Then you have a hand full jostling for finals, then those that will receive decent draft picks.

If you're 2nd, you're 1st in a long line of losers.

Finishing 9th or 10th would be the worst possible result from the year. Only a decent 1st round pick and no finals experience to be had.

Scribe 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Bay Pie:
Quote:
Just play the kids. If we finish the year with a top 5 pick, Sam Weideman may get to where he belongs, Pieland.

Judging by his health problems (stuffed ankle, anaemic), the kid will slot in perfectly at Westpac - straight to the rehab room with the rest of our promising kids.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:36 pm

thompsoc wrote:
The winning of the flag has now been put off to the never never...
We don't know when we can be a contender again.

Yes we do. 2017 onwards.

Scribe 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:01 pm

^

There's no way in this life or the one I'm leading in an alternative universe that Collingwood seriously contends for anything of substance in 2017.

A VFL flag, maybe.

Our top-end, first-round kids (Degoey, Moore, Freeman, Berg) have played a combined 30 minutes of AFL football between them. The kids from 2009-2012 are not developing quickly at all and we have a systemic problem with injuries that seems to get worse every season.

We won't compete for anything until the kids I mentioned earlier have played 50-80 games. By that point, the players reaching the peak of their powers now (Pendles, Cloke, Reid, Brown etc) will be past their primes and other veterans (Swan, Sack, Toovey) won't be at the club.

2017 is a pipe dream. This rebuild will take a LOT longer than that.

If everything goes right and the kids we have invested in can stay on the track and become what we hope, 2019 is a realistic year to have a crack.

Building a good list is not just about drafting kids - it's also about identifying the right senior players in trades and Free Agency - not one acquisition under Buckley over the past 4 years has demonstrated to me that we are capable of luring the players we need or finding diamonds in the rough like we used to.

Publicly the club will say 2017 is season they hope to go back up the ladder. I'd suggest that privately, they know it will take much longer.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Scribe wrote:
^

There's no way in this life or the one I'm leading in an alternative universe that Collingwood seriously contends for anything of substance in 2017.

A VFL flag, maybe.

Our top-end, first-round kids (Degoey, Moore, Freeman, Berg) have played a combined 30 minutes of AFL football between them. The kids from 2009-2012 are not developing quickly at all and we have a systemic problem with injuries that seems to get worse every season.

We won't compete for anything until the kids I mentioned earlier have played 50-80 games. By that point, the players reaching the peak of their powers now (Pendles, Cloke, Reid, Brown etc) will be past their primes and other veterans (Swan, Sack, Toovey) won't be at the club.

2017 is a pipe dream. This rebuild will take a LOT longer than that.

If everything goes right and the kids we have invested in can stay on the track and become what we hope, 2019 is a realistic year to have a crack.

Building a good list is not just about drafting kids - it's also about identifying the right senior players in trades and Free Agency - not one acquisition under Buckley over the past 4 years has demonstrated to me that we are capable of luring the players we need or finding diamonds in the rough like we used to.

Publicly the club will say 2017 is season they hope to go back up the ladder. I'd suggest that privately, they know it will take much longer.

I hope this decade doesn't turn out be like the 90's.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:46 pm

2017 may be a bit on the "dreamin'" side of things but I don't believe it impossible.

Of course, you need a good run with injuries, and no one can predict with certainty how younger players will develop but by September 2017 we should have a very solid core of players with over 100 games under their belt: Pendles, Cloke, Sidey, Reid, Elliott would be the quality, Greenwood Adams the grunt.

Then there would those with 50 plus games that we expect to be quality players that will more than hold their own: Witts, Grundy, Langdon, Seeds, Williams.

Lastly we have the golden boys that will less than 50 games experience but will have had 3 pre-seasons under their belt, and we would expect could come in and make a difference: Moore, DeGoey, Broomy, Freeman, Maynard.

This hasn't taken into account the possibility that any players that I haven't mentioned have a break out year a la Leroy in 2010. Or that we may draft in a Treloar or Dangerfield.

It always comes down to ifs, but things going ok, we should start being competitive (top 4) from 2017 and we should have 3 years with our A grade seniors (Pendles, Reid, Cloke) complimenting the kids. By 2020 all the young guns will be peaking.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It is pathetic.

ME a Puritan ???? that's a laugh, LOL, oh yes, and keep on with the winning culture at Footscray, a team that last made a GF in bloody 1961, as I previously mentioned. Laughing Laughing

I tell you what I much more enjoying watching Clubs like Footscray play with their tackling and never say die attitude than our list running around without any idea how to win. But with fans like you, who needs to worry about winning. Life is too cosy aiming for the bottom eight with a standard set of excuses ready to justify mediocrity.

Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:18 pm

2 years ago the sunshine and lollipop's had 2015 pencilled in, FFS stand on your shield people stop moving the goalposts, now it's 17, little doubt in 17 it will be 19 maybe......., it's alright to be forever positive, just cut the ragging on the realists who know chit when they see it.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:51 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Museman wrote:
2 years ago the sunshine and lollipop's had 2015 pencilled in, FFS stand on your shield people stop moving the goalposts, now it's 17, little doubt in 17 it will be 19 maybe......., it's alright to be forever positive, just cut the ragging on the realists who know chit when they see it.

Absolutely nailed it. Then they had the hide to call people that wanted some accountability for their failed predictions: "perceptive fellow"! OMG, what a joke. The truth needs to be told: Collingwood is getting worse and the match day experience is terrible watching these players struggle to find direction and a cohesive aggressive game plan. All clubs have youth, only the best clubs blend youth with experience. We are not doing this . The dumb sacks on this site keep saying it will get better and when another year passes without improvement, the same dumb sacks shift the goal posts like you say. I keep saying , with fans like that, who needs a winning culture. They accept failure as victory.

Santo Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Inuries have this decade, practically finished the careers of these guys...

Brown, Reid, Ball, Macaffer, Thomas, Sinclair,

They have severely hampered this young talent to the point of seriosuly stiphening their development.

Fasolo, Seedsman, Scharenberg, Freeman, J.Thomas...

We have been seriosuly cursed, I think someone £$%$ed the injury gods wife, or Mick Malthouse or Adam H from bigfooty is sitting in a dark room somewhere with voodoo dolls jabbing our players.

Now Sidey, Greenwood and anyone else important (Pendles or Adams?)seems to get injured. I'm $£$%^%%$ ropeable about this, but in all serious, it's lady-luck and surely our luck could change.

Watch out Moore, De Goey, Langdon or anyone else of talent that we want the pleasure of watching, you're probably next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: