Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Saints - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Happy with the changes, would have preferred Freeman over Dwyer. His form has is very good and worthy of senior selection but Freeman is the future and his form is also good.

He must be saving Freeman for ANZAC day. If he isn't selected by then, the alarm bells will be sounding loud and clear on the forum, I'd expect.

Dyso

Agree mate.

He's a top 10 draft pick. He's had his injury worries but has had a full preseason and should be ready to go if he's supposed to be one of the planks upon which our next flag will be built.

Aside from Grundy, who's been played so much out of necessity we're either taking an overly cautious approach to the development of our recent recruits or the coach doesn't have faith in them.

If you look at the Western Bulldogs they've pumped the games into the likes of Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae and they're already stars.

Going back even further the Hawks threw the likes of Franklin, Roughead, Lewis and Hodge straight into senior footy. Where they ready? No but they endured the short term pain for the longer term good of then club and it paid off in spades.

Whereas we don't seem to want to give our young ones a sustained run at it with the likes of Broomhead, Kennedy and Freeman already a long way behind a lot of their contempories as to exposure to senior football.

I'd rather pump the games into Freeman than give a 28 year old who wont be a part of our side when we a meant to be challenging again another game. It's counter productive to what the club is supposed to be doing imo.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 pm

I'd love to see our new kids as well...the fact is though we've already got about 10 out of the 22 with less than 40 games experience...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:06 pm

thompsoc wrote:
What does it say that the selection panel has dropped Fas!
After 5 years he is not deemed good enough to join a clearly
ordinary Collingwood side.
Another wonderful Hine pick - what a genius!

Yeah, 22 year old with 54 career games of the back of 2 injury interrupted seasons getting dropped for poor form is clearly career ending. How about we pump him full of PEDs and get him tested just to guarantee he's gone.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Flashman wrote:
piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Happy with the changes, would have preferred Freeman over Dwyer. His form has is very good and worthy of senior selection but Freeman is the future and his form is also good.

He must be saving Freeman for ANZAC day. If he isn't selected by then, the alarm bells will be sounding loud and clear on the forum, I'd expect.

Dyso

Agree mate.

He's a top 10 draft pick. He's had his injury worries but has had a full preseason and should be ready to go if he's supposed to be one of the planks upon which our next flag will be built.

Aside from Grundy, who's been played so much out of necessity we're either taking an overly cautious approach to the development of our recent recruits or the coach doesn't have faith in them.

If you look at the Western Bulldogs they've pumped the games into the likes of Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae and they're already stars.

Going back even further the Hawks threw the likes of Franklin, Roughead, Lewis and Hodge straight into senior footy. Where they ready? No but they endured the short term pain for the longer term good of then club and it paid off in spades.

Whereas we don't seem to want to give our young ones a sustained run at it with the likes of Broomhead, Kennedy and Freeman already a long way behind a lot of their contempories as to exposure to senior football.

langdon, frost got a lot of games into them. now ramsay and oxley are getting games. broomhead is two in a row. gault is getting a game. how much more youth do you want?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 pm

[quote="John Wren"]
Flashman wrote:
piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Dyso

Agree mate.

langdon, frost got a lot of games into them. now ramsay and oxley are getting games. broomhead is two in a row. gault is getting a game. how much more youth do you want?

Agree JW that the amount of senior opportunity is dependent upon the players form and fitness rather than overly cautious with their development, and that we've already got Williams, Langdon, Frost, Ramsay, Crisp, Broomhead, Grundy, Adams, Seedsman, Oxley and Gault in the senior team with <50 games, but I'd still rather Freeman over Dwyer.... just saying...
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm

that the three bulldogs players are perceived as stars says more about the lack of depth or situation the dogs found themselves in with the need to play them. also, macrae and stringer have been in and out of the team in that time. hawthorn weren't much chop when they played the trio of franklin, roughy or hodge. we traded into the top end of the draft rather than our ladder position dictating our top picks. this suggests we're not as much as a rabble as the dogs or hawks were which necessitated playing their top picks.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 pm

[quote="jackcass"]
John Wren wrote:
Flashman wrote:
piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Dyso

Agree mate.

Agree JW that the amount of senior opportunity is dependent upon the players form and fitness rather than overly cautious with their development, and that we've already got Williams, Langdon, Frost, Ramsay, Crisp, Broomhead, Grundy, Adams, Seedsman, Oxley and Gault in the senior team with <50 games, but I'd still rather Freeman over Dwyer.... just saying...

freo's time will come. he's a handful of practice games into a career. i am happy to be patient.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:43 pm

We all want to see the kids but sometimes you just have to trust the club selections. Some kids have all the physical atributes but just arent ready psychologically, partic if they were to have a bad debut.
Other kids are stars at TAC level and dont have a need to have defensive bone in their body cause they just win the ball when they are near it. Many gun TAC mids and forwards need time to learn the defensive aspects required in the AFL.
Their time will come. If dwyer has been our best player in the last couple matches ( according to the club, not the papers ) then he deserves to be rewarded, not have a kid gifted a game before him.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:09 am

bit of mail, confident there will be late scratching...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:14 am

I have us Winning by 20pts.

Our Structure is better for this game as we actually have some help for Grundy in Gault.

I still have Doubt on Adams and Espically Pendles. So I could still see Moore and De Goey being Late Change.

There was some talk about Peter Moore Cancelling/Re-Schedling a Business trip to Europe but at the Moment that is just Internet T

Dr. Jinx 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:51 am

Not sure if it's already been said in this thread, but is anybody else a bit disappointed with the amount of changes?

Get rid of useless Goldsack, laying a few tackles every now and then doesn't warrant a spot in the team.
They've dropped fas, I do love him, but he has not been performing, probably the best move, although a game against St Kilda could be the type of game that gives him some form.
Drop Varcoe - dud (hopefully proves me wrong)
and don't get me started on Travis Choke...

Still cannot believe Karnezis hasn't got a game, would've loved to see De Goey and Moore play this week too.

I understand Bucks is going for a tall forward line to exploit the Saints undermanned defence, and I am very happy Gaulty's getting a game.

Just going off the performance last week, too many players in that team had nothing to give, play the incredibly talented kids we have who will give 100% the whole time.
Can't believe I'm saying this but with the team that played last week, I'm genuinely worried about our chances against St Kilda.

I hope I'm wrong
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 am

this is surely last chance for Goldy and White, must extract the digit, both of them, or they will go along with fasolo. I reckon both Moore and freeman may come in the week after, v the dons, a huge game, time for Moore to be given a go.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 am

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
What does it say that the selection panel has dropped Fas!
After 5 years he is not deemed good enough to join a clearly
ordinary Collingwood side.
Another wonderful Hine pick - what a genius!

Yeah, 22 year old with 54 career games of the back of 2 injury interrupted seasons getting dropped for poor form is clearly career ending. How about we pump him full of PEDs and get him tested just to guarantee he's gone.

You can't do that Jackcass!
Fancy a cleanskin like you advocating PED's.
Shame on you.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 am

double post
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 am

Win, loose or ........... draw tonight, I really don't want to see our young talent team playing in the reserves any more. The coach must bring in these players and expose them to there trade and learn to play against the best. I can't see how holding them back a week or two for there debut will help them mentally or physically, I'm mean for Christ sakes there playing footy and there game time mode should be switched on and ready to go wether it's for the reserves or the firsts.
I can't think what the selection panel are waiting for because if there fit they'll play so they might as well play in the firsts. Are the 4points going to make a difference to our year, probably not or are the likes of freeman, degoey and moore going to turn Collingwood around in the first week they play together in afl, probably not but at least we'll see if we can improve by making changes by dropping the under performing seniors. We're playing st failure ffs and we're probably sitting on par with them as performances go for this year so making changes will give us a different dimension.
What I would really like to see tonight is freeman, degoey and moore play and that it's a really really close contest that we win and those players retained.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: