Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players run out song WTAF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ was going off the twitter comments. anyway, they certainly got told. hopefully the change is a result of taking on board the well considered and measured feedback that was provided by the fans ... you know, those people for whom the experience is meant to be designed for. Laughing
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:48 am

Cam wrote:
John Wren wrote:
apparently this is for when the guys come on to the field for the warm up. must have missed that bit. may have been communicated, may not have.

ORLY

Quote:
As part of Collingwood's comittment [sic] to increase the match day experience for the Magpie Army, each week supporters will have the chance to vote on which song they want to be played during the team's run out just before the opening bounce of the match.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-04-07/vote-player-run-out-song

But then, this, same page, added on since i first viewed it...

Quote:
Please note the winning song will be played prior to the team breaking through the banner, in keeping with tradition, the Collingwood theme song will be played at that time.

Backpedal?

Pretty certain the original media release was just poorly worded.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 am

Anything aother than rock or metal is a waste of time to 'pump' the crowd up.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:15 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Anything aother than rock or metal is a waste of time to 'pump' the crowd up.

Cmon nothing like some disco to get the crowd ready for some hot men in shorts!!! Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:18 am

Just rang the club on this matter to ask for clarification. As the players walk up the race and onto the ground, the new player choice/fan voted for hideous noise, I mean song, will be played. When the players run through the race GOCF will be played. I told Hayley in Membership, just what I thought of this new Match Day Initiative.

This still sounds like somebody is coming up with ideas to justify their salary. Will we get a new song as they walk off at half time?

And why do footy administrators constantly think that the average age of supporters is 18? Do they really think the majority want even more noise in the game? Horrible idea. Hate it.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am

Gen Y and especially Z in the main have been brought up with a hell of a lot more choices than X and the Boomers. Hence they are not rusted on like those, they are fluid, exercise more choice and split their devotions. The AFL can see the coming attendance fluctuations [dives] and is trying to do something about it. Got news AFL, don't think anything will work sorry.

Kids in the main don't kick to kick, play backyard cricket or do much anymore that's not associated with their phones or tablets. They will go to some games in the future but memberships? Some will, particularly if they are well off, sure. Hours of sitting? All spectator sports will be facing this same problem in the future. The AFL took us for granted during the 00s and early 10s.. corporates get the GF tickets, variable pricing, foxtel...

The world has changed, and the AFL will face similar pressure to record shops and video stores. In fact, its only saviour attendance wise may well be population increases.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:06 pm

what's the main issue - getting people to games or driving revenue growth? once someone has paid their money and entered the stadium it doesn't really matter if they leave or not, the money is in the bank. given the core product is football aren't you then devaluing it by spending truckloads of money on peripheral activities? how is a short burst of fireworks, laser lights shows and loud music going to get people to games? if anything, it might have the opposite effect.

i think our club does a great job in providing supporters access to the players, the work it does with the electronic media is very good too. this will create a greater connection than the other disposable activities. make us feel like we can get close to the club, make us feel like it is our club, that we belong somewhere, that you actually care about us.

i think any growth in attendances will happen organically and by virtue of the weaker clubs (talent wise) getting stronger. we should expect to see a narrowing of the gap between the top teams and bottom teams. gws, gcs, wb and melbourne are starting to resemble a level of competitiveness that will give their supporters some heart (the latter two in particular). the "any given sunday" principle will apply and that will get supporters going to games. few want to go to games to see their club get belted.

i see one of the grounds (not adelaide oval) has created a standing area where you can lean against a bench, have a beer and watch the footy. i'd like to see the mcg or etihad remove some of the seating and create a terrace atmosphere or at least allow supporters to stand in the seated areas. something simple but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Gar, you lot are a bunch of tired old farts. Y'all gotta move with the times and keep it all current.

So what about a compromise?

Maybe we could get someone like Kanye in to do an autotune heavy R&B remix of GOCF. It'd be heavily interpreted of course... Different notes added, words and phrases repeated... practically a different song.

Speaking of which, it would have a completely different song sampled and added in for the chorus. Something old school like 10CC's "The Things We Do For Love" It'd also need that little talking bit they do in the middle where Kanye's all like "Girl.. I don't know what I did to make you wanna hurt me but since you been gone, there's this emptiness.... this emptiness inside".

Then whoever has the broadcast rights could do a cross marketing thing where they get the contestants from Australia's got X Factor Stars to sing the song as part of Eviction Week and **** it up even worse. Only crowd attendees with the X talent app (just $7.99 from the Apple Store) would be allowed to vote. Involving you in this way would affirm your role in owning the match day experiencing, engendering strong feelings of brand affiliation. Win-win-win.

The companies would love it.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:38 pm

One of the Customer Service reps in the Collingwood's Match Day Experience Department will read this and take it all on board. I really think you are onto something Geek!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
One of the Customer Service reps in the Collingwood's Match Day Experience Department will read this and take it all on board. I really think you are onto something Geek!

They be Laughing at us and Thinking we are Stupid Rolling Eyes

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:56 pm

dave, it can't be any more moronic than a hovercraft with sparks coming out of it. to be fair, the only time carlton fans might see sparks at their games.
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:03 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I'd almost delist Pendles for supporting this stupid idea.

Ha ha ha. I agree.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Don't forget that people are paid to make suggestions like these. Your membership dollars at work!
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:09 pm

I'd support it if it were Immigrant Song played over the PA.

It's short and Led Zeppelin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHyZjnpdPc

Did I mention it was LED ZEPPELIN

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Brenny wrote:
I'd support it if it were Immigrant Song played over the PA.

It's short and Led Zeppelin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHyZjnpdPc

Did I mention it was LED ZEPPELIN

Nice choice. Me likey very much.

There are quite a few apt LZ titles:
Communication Breakdown - Bucks' relationship with $Daisy, Dids, Heater et al;
Good Times Bad Times - says it all;
Heartbreaker - Losing GFs to Carlton;
Out on the Tiles - Dedicated to the rat pack;
Nobody's Fault But Mine - the ballad of Taylor Adams
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Ode of Dayne Beams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: