Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie McGuire fires back at Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:53 pm
Post subject: Eddie McGuire fires back at MelbourneReply with quote

Good to see Eddie give the toffs a spray after them mouthing off over their new sucession plan with ' Simple' Simon Goodwin .

How about a new club sticker MFC :" No Cup since 64"

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be more concerned with defeating them on the field in 2017.
Not those half arsed efforts we sufferered through some months back.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:58 pm

no doubt i want to see someone really smash that smug t#rd Viney and mr pissy hipster max gawn.

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:12 am

Viney thinks his shit doesn't stink, and needs another whack in the eye.
And it made me ill watching Dawes, O'Brien and Kennedy strut around like they'd won trade-lotto at our expense.
In a perfect world, i'd play Witts on Gawn in 2017, but we'll see how that pans out. No offense to Grundy, but horses for courses methinks.
I do love Bernie Vince though; perhaps my fav player outside of the Pies.

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:14 am

Love how Ed complains about history being re written (re: the succession plan) then lists our achievements from 2008 prelim, premiership, grand final, prelim and then a "rebuild"??? I must have missed the announcement that we were in a rebuild mode from 2013 onward???

Pretty sure Pert, Ed and Bucks were talking finals every year to lure in members. Jesus they didn't even concede finals were a lost cause till like round 18 this year.

Talk about rewriting history. Now our president looks back at the last 4 seasons and just declares "oh the last 4 years don't matter we were in rebuild mode anyway"... WTF. What a rabble
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:57 am

Just stop gifting them the QB game every year and watch them STFU quick smart.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:03 am

mandy wrote:

Yes, then the toffy snobs can head up too the snowfields a whole week early. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:16 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Love how Ed complains about history being re written (re: the succession plan) then lists our achievements from 2008 prelim, premiership, grand final, prelim and then a "rebuild"??? I must have missed the announcement that we were in a f@cking rebuild mode from 2013 onward???

Pretty sure Pert, Ed and Bucks were talking finals every f@cking year to lure in members. Jesus they didn't even concede finals were a lost cause till like round 18 this year.

Talk about rewriting history. Now our president looks back at the last 4 seasons and just declares "oh the last 4 years don't matter we were in rebuild mode anyway"... WTF. What a rabble

I suspect that you miss quite a few things...

Quote:
11 Sep 2013 - Collingwood’s rebuild and rejuvenation underway

Since he took over the reins from a reluctant Mick Malthouse two seasons ago, Buckley has added some youngsters but generally persisted with many of the players who took Collingwood to the top of the mountain.
Now that the premiership window appears to have shut after three unimpressive wins and some poor losses in finals since 2010, Buckley has recognised he has to usher in a new era. - Dan Lonergan
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/11/collingwoods-rebuild-and-rejuvenation-underway/

Quote:
March 11, 2014
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has suggested the Magpies are 'rebuilding ' heading into their AFL season-opening clash with Fremantle at Etihad Stadium on Friday night.
http://sportal.com.au.gbprb.preprod.performgroup.com/afl/news/pies-in-the-sky-collingwood-in-rebuild-mode/1butugcy6ivi716c629x8pd4uz

Paying attention might've saved you a little heartburn.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:18 am

Rubbish redlight, smoke screen white wash... remember Perts comments yada yada (and no I can't be bothered linking). It's all frogshit.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:36 am

3rd degree wrote:
piedys wrote:
We should be more concerned with defeating them on the field in 2017.
Not those half arsed efforts we sufferered through some months back.

no doubt i want to see someone really smash that smug t#rd Viney and mr pissy hipster max gawn.

So there is a role for Gault going forward...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:40 am

Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
Love how Ed complains about history being re written (re: the succession plan) then lists our achievements from 2008 prelim, premiership, grand final, prelim and then a "rebuild"??? I must have missed the announcement that we were in a f@cking rebuild mode from 2013 onward???

Pretty sure Pert, Ed and Bucks were talking finals every f@cking year to lure in members. Jesus they didn't even concede finals were a lost cause till like round 18 this year.

Quote:

Since he took over the reins from a reluctant Mick Malthouse two seasons ago, Buckley has added some youngsters but generally persisted with many of the players who took Collingwood to the top of the mountain.
Now that the premiership window appears to have shut after three unimpressive wins and some poor losses in finals since 2010, Buckley has recognised he has to usher in a new era. - Dan Lonergan
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/09/11/collingwoods-rebuild-and-rejuvenation-underway/

Quote:
March 11, 2014
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has suggested the Magpies are 'rebuilding ' heading into their AFL season-opening clash with Fremantle at Etihad Stadium on Friday night.
http://sportal.com.au.gbprb.preprod.performgroup.com/afl/news/pies-in-the-sky-collingwood-in-rebuild-mode/1butugcy6ivi716c629x8pd4uz

Yes, it's amazing just how literally some can take the spoken word when it suits their agenda and just dismiss anything that is contrary to it.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:45 am

Redlight wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
March 11, 2014

Haha nice work. I haven't missed anything at all buddy. I think your being a little more than mischievous with the facts. Eddie says we "rebuilt" the list for 12 to 18 months (mid 2012 to start of 2014). In that article Ed never actually says we are in rebuild mode though (a rebuild by definition suggests bottoming out).

He actually says "Last year we had a hard year with injuries when you go through it all, so we think we're ready to go in a rebuilding phase". Now its not unusual for Ed to misspeak on his hot breakfast show as we all know... I think he actually meant to say "The list has been rebuilt over the last 12 months, we had a lot of injuries in 2013, and now we are in a rebounding phase".

If I recall correctly, Ed's comments caused a stir ahead of the first game with Fremantle because they were out of whack with everything the Club had publicly said from the end of 2013, where Bucks said we would contend for a flag in 2014.

Even Eddie said in his speech at the 2013 Copeland that we were ready to contend again (be top 4) and go for a premiership. Go watch the video of Ed's speech on the club website. There was no talk of anything other than finals and top 4. That to me does not suggest a "rebuild".

The only quote you have got that actually suggests a "rebuild" from Dan Lonergan at the roar.

Trust me Redlight, failure to pay attention to the details is not one of my flaws. I'll give you arrogance, passion or pig headedness as examples of some of my flaws. Attention to detail is not one.
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:50 am

Again, Ed can't just stfu and get on with improving our club.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am

roar wrote:
Again, Ed can't just stfu and get on with improving our club.

I'm actually happy for Ed to fly the flag in these situations.

I'd also be happy for the QB gate to return to a shared arrangement rather than continue to support these bastards. Let's see how there finances go without the charity.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:58 am

mandy wrote:

one of my big pet hates.
gifting MFC a home game every Queens birthday...Why????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: