Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is our 4 in-a-row under threat from the Hawks? (NOPE!)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle to watch any of their games as the outcome is always the same, teams (even us) may dominate but in the end they find a way.

Many have predicted their demise but free agency may keep them on top for a little while longer, they are obvious favourites for this year, which makes them a real chance for 5 in a row.

Depressing isn't it?

Oh, btw I hate Cyril 'sniper' Rioli.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 am

I'm thinking (hoping) when the Swans get Tippett & Heeney back and a fair run with the umpires, they'll be able to knock them off.
Dawesy31 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 am

#freekickhawthorn

I just can't watch Hawthorn games anymore. By 1/4 time I'm ready to throw something through the TV.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 am

I do wonder how long Hawthorn's run with the luck gods can continue.

No team has to beat Hawthorn twice in September for Hawthorn not to be premiers. A team (any team) only has to beat them once.

Our 4peat is not under threat until season 2017 folks Wink

MM

Medieval 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:25 am

The thing about Hawthorn is that they're willing to do those shifty little things that can help them win games, whether they're right or wrong and no matter how bad they look to an outside observer. A lot of Hawks have been bracing themselves in a marking contest with knees up this year and a few opposition players have gone down in the last few weeks alone because of it. No one will stop Hawthorn until they are willing to do the dirty things they do. Knees need to be driven into spines and ribs at every opportunity when coming up against the Hawks. We've seen Mitchell do it time and time again, kneeing players to give them a corkie. I'd love to see Mumford line him up from 20 metres away and flatten him like he did Duncan. When playing Hawthorn, you need to attempt to cause injury to their players at every opportunity., This is not how we want the game played, but it is how the Hawks play, and they've won 3 flags in a row because of it. If you ask me what I would like to see Pies players do during a game to be contending for 4 straight flags, the answer would definitely be "whatever it takes".
roar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:13 pm

They're awesome. Better than the Bears were early 2000's.

And Cyril is the most awesome.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:31 pm

They have had three games gifted to them on a platter, dogs, saints, and now swans. Swans in control, then the piss and poo bum chums yellow maggots step in with two fifty meter penalties, both goals, dawks win by less than a goal. Don't tell me these umps aren't on the take, there needs to be a full investigation into this, but bug eyed mclaughlan is weak as piss Just hope when the swans get back tippet and heeney they can beat em when it really counts, they did beat them on the G this season. I still don't think they can win it without Lake and Roughead, and If rioli goes down, or sniper Hodge, that will find them out too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:56 pm

both decisions were correct, no one is stating the obvious though, what did buddy do? that's right, nothing!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:16 pm

themonk wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
They have had three games gifted to them on a platter, dogs, saints, and now swans. Swans in control, then the piss and poo bum chums yellow maggots step in with two fifty meter penalties, both goals, dawks win by less than a goal. Don't tell me these umps aren't on the take, there needs to be a full investigation into this, but bug eyed mclaughlan is weak as piss Just hope when the swans get back tippet and heeney they can beat em when it really counts, they did beat them on the G this season. I still don't think they can win it without Lake and Roughead, and If rioli goes down, or sniper Hodge, that will find them out too.

both decisions were correct, no one is stating the obvious though, what did buddy do? that's right, nothing!

oh come on, two fifty meters, two on end, maybe one, but come on, the umps pulled it outa their arse, same as they did to us against them a couple of seasons ago, when that mongrel stevic pingled Pendles from bout seventy meters away, its a friggin joke. They did it again too the saints an dogs this year, anytime the piss and poop are in trouble, the umps step up an save the bastards, time and time again. As for Buddy, well he has been very good lately, guess everyone has a bad one every so often, don't think he will play that badly next time, and he will have tippet back to help him too.

themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:12 pm

I've seen them win 10 flags in my life, I'm damaged goods Mad
1892_ 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Medieval wrote:
The thing about Hawthorn is that they're willing to do those shifty little things that can help them win games, whether they're right or wrong and no matter how bad they look to an outside observer. A lot of Hawks have been bracing themselves in a marking contest with knees up this year and a few opposition players have gone down in the last few weeks alone because of it. No one will stop Hawthorn until they are willing to do the dirty things they do. Knees need to be driven into spines and ribs at every opportunity when coming up against the Hawks. We've seen Mitchell do it time and time again, kneeing players to give them a corkie. I'd love to see Mumford line him up from 20 metres away and flatten him like he did Duncan. When playing Hawthorn, you need to attempt to cause injury to their players at every opportunity., This is not how we want the game played, but it is how the Hawks play, and they've won 3 flags in a row because of it. If you ask me what I would like to see Pies players do during a game to be contending for 4 straight flags, the answer would definitely be "whatever it takes".

You're right Hawthorn don't like it when sides give it back to them. Even though we didn't take our chances and ultimately lost last year, we played them hard and with high pressure. Hawthorn got the sads and took their eye off the game.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

but they still won.

That's what they do, that's all they do. This team finds a way.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:14 pm

The only way to play em, as the tigers, cats, and eagles showed last year-in a final, then forgot about it in the granny-is too hit em hard, tag the shit outa them, and tackle them constantly, they don't like it, and go off their little dinky kick to place game. They are definitely beatable, they have only just fell in, in some games this season, but It requires unrelenting non stop tackling and intense pressure. Hit and tackle sniper hodge, ram into his dinky shoulder, give him pain after pain, and tag the hell outa Mitchell and rioli. It can be done, perhaps the swans or crows can do it, but it takes unremitting concentration, and a good deal from the umps, of course.

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:53 am

Afraid to say Hawks are looking the goods.

I think only Adelaide or GWS look capable of stopping them.

Swans - mentally fried against the Hawks
Geelong - not playing top 8 footy
West Coast - as above
North Melbourne - as above
Bulldogs - give the opposition too many chances to score on rebound. Hawks will make them hurt far more than a bottom 8 side.

If they do it, good on them. Its not luck that gets you there - its sheer skill.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 am

I think the Crows are the in-form side of the competition and capable of toppling the Hawks.

The other sides you've mentioned have had their moments, but they've been too inconsistent and unreliable to take down the Hawks in a big finals match based on recent form.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 24 of 43   

Jump to: