Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dane Swan - a little respect

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear hes a near certainty to retire, I hope the rumour is wrong, I still think he could go one more good year, if fit, at least.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:01 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly, I believe Swan is being encouraged by the club to hang up his boots....

Any source for that pie, my good chap?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you Andrew. Wink

And there's a queue for that too pal; tickets at the door. Razz

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly, I believe Swan is being encouraged by the club to hang up his boots, not because he couldn't necessarily recover well enough to play again, but because the club is concerned at his 'bad influence' on a few of our young guns, regarding their off-field activities. A line has been drawn in the sand and Swanny appears to have crossed it. If this is true, then it's incredibly disappointing as Swanny, much like Darren Millane, has been a wonderful character, as well as a brilliant footballer, and has been my favourite player for quite a while. At the end of the day, however, if his influence is viewed negatively, then he has to go. The club is bigger than any individual.

And yet I have heard something the opposite from a guy who should know given what he does at the club.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:48 pm

Cam wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly, I believe Swan is being encouraged by the club to hang up his boots, not because he couldn't necessarily recover well enough to play again, but because the club is concerned at his 'bad influence' on a few of our young guns, regarding their off-field activities. A line has been drawn in the sand and Swanny appears to have crossed it. If this is true, then it's incredibly disappointing as Swanny, much like Darren Millane, has been a wonderful character, as well as a brilliant footballer, and has been my favourite player for quite a while. At the end of the day, however, if his influence is viewed negatively, then he has to go. The club is bigger than any individual.

And yet I have heard something the opposite from a guy who should know given what he does at the club.

Well one of us is being told a fib. Confused
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:04 am

Piesnchess wrote:
I hear hes a near certainty to retire, I hope the rumour is wrong, I still think he could go one more good year, if fit, at least.

You ain't heard shit!!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 am

If true and Swanny retires then that will be the end of what is left of the rat pack forever. Congratulations Collingwood, you will have finally removed all presence of what success really is on the playing list and reduced it to a bunch of well behaved party drug users that try really hard sometimes but sadly deliver nothing as opposed to the "maybe" party drug users that loved a beer and delivered a flag, a few gf's and consistent inspiring finals victories. Thank goodness for that! Now we can all finally bask in a decade of mediocrity and be content that not a single player will be permitted to own a personality that differs from the player next to him nor play a game style with flair and creativity that they enjoy and inspires them to improve. Oh no, we shall be a team of emotionless robots that are poorly programmed to fall out of line as soon as pressure gets applied instead of using their own initiative and problem solving skills to play their way to victory. The lifeless machine will now finally take over, unfortunately the best machines are those with a human soul.

MONCO: Your life.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:07 am

Monco Matt wrote:
If true and Swanny retires then that will be the end of what is left of the rat pack forever. Congratulations Collingwood, you will have finally removed all presence of what success really is on the playing list and reduced it to a bunch of well behaved party drug users that try really hard sometimes but sadly deliver nothing as opposed to the "maybe" party drug users that loved a beer and delivered a flag, a few gf's and consistent inspiring finals victories. Thank goodness for that! Now we can all finally bask in a decade of mediocrity and be content that not a single player will be permitted to own a personality that differs from the player next to him nor play a game style with flair and creativity that they enjoy and inspires them to improve. Oh no, we shall be a team of emotionless robots that are poorly programmed to fall out of line as soon as pressure gets applied instead of using their own initiative and problem solving skills to play their way to victory. The lifeless machine will now finally take over, unfortunately the best machines are those with a human soul.

I'm not sure the Collingwood Football Club is some omnipotent entity that has the capacity to stop father time.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Dangles wrote:
I love Swanny. He's one of kind and it'll be a sad sad day when he's gone.

You said it.
This thread is a good evaluation of what was now his final "fit" season of 2015, as it unfolded....

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:00 am

"Don't it always seem to go ....."

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-02-27/life-member-dane-swan

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-02-27/collingwood-welcomes-new-life-members

The Club has rewarded The Great Dane with life membership.

There's also a nice extract video on the Club site, in which the President talks Dane up and (in his usual way) Dane talks himself down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: