Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#41,#8 Tom Langdon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Langdon's disposal and getting it to the midfielders of Borthwick, Tardew and Woodward is an imperative!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:48 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
Langdon's disposal and getting it to the midfielders of Borthwick, Tardew and Woodward is an imperative!

I’m a big fan of Gus. Would love to see them list him with the seniors when Brisbane’s Beams armed-robbery fails.

Otherwise, enjoy the next three seasons of the King of Kings in our back 6, won’t you?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:

I’m a big fan of Gus. Would love to see them list him with the seniors when Brisbane’s Beams armed-robbery fails.

I note that Gussy and Tommy come from the same school. Are you biased towards everyone from that school?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:23 pm

That's a curious sort of question. The answer is no. I don't even know what school it is (although, from memory it's a poor-ish sort of private school in the south-eastern suburbs, isn't it?)
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Oh, come on, admit it: you have a thing for rich, posh schools.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:

Otherwise, enjoy the next three seasons of the King of Kings in our back 6, won’t you?

don't mind if you keep this for future reference:
with a fully available backline, Tommy topknot will be running around at Vic and Olympic Park.....
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Tannin wrote:
Scharenberg's disposal is not merely "competent". It is outstanding - significantly better than that of Langdon or Howe. Berg's disposal by foot is a joy to watch.

That's no knock on Langdon, who does better than OK, nor Howe, who makes unexpected shockers more often than we would like but mostly gets it right.

Saying "Langdon's disposal is competent. Just like Scharenberg." is like saying "Crisp's marking is pretty good. Just like Howe."

Schazz is an excellent decision-maker and very accurate kick over 40 metres.
Pacino 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Problem with Schazz is he slow and cannot jump. I would much prefer Marty Hoare
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Scharenberg's disposal is not merely "competent". It is outstanding - significantly better than that of Langdon or Howe. Berg's disposal by foot is a joy to watch.

That's no knock on Langdon, who does better than OK, nor Howe, who makes unexpected shockers more often than we would like but mostly gets it right.

Saying "Langdon's disposal is competent. Just like Scharenberg." is like saying "Crisp's marking is pretty good. Just like Howe."

Yeah I really like him even though he's slow because he's a smart player and reads play well - the problem is keeping him on the park and unfortunately im not confident. If he does his knee again, it'll be his death knell.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Pacino wrote:
Problem with Schazz is he slow and cannot jump. I would much prefer Marty Hoare
What would make you much prefer Marty Hoare?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

For whatever reason (injury? confidence?), he has been playing safe with his kicks and it has not been a weapon. There's a huge gulf between clanger king and genuine weapon. Almost no one out of our backline (or anywhere) has a field kick that is a real weapon.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:25 pm

hmmmm just pondering .....

with Beams into the centre, I can see an argument Pendles either spending a lot more time either back or up front.....most likely Hodge type backman,.....

Might put a bit of a squeeze on the King of Kings.....
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 am

Well, folks, the Future Captain rejected all offers to re-sign with the 'pies and, as we lead into round 1, here's the inside story:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-16/frustrated-confused-defender-happy-he-stayed-a-magpie

By way of reminder, here's a few bits and pieces from the 2016 posts in this thread.

Pies4shaw wrote:
Great player. In the first 10 picked, when fit. Anyone who thinks otherwise should seriously consider following a different sport.

inxs88 wrote:
Get the feeling that Langdon's best has been seen. Not that he'll go backwards at all in performance but scarily won't go higher. He has a talent base that is capped and like Jarryd Blair in 2010/2011, doubt whether Tom shall reveal any new tricks or reveal an upside going forward.

Definitely has gone from a pick 65 in his draft year to a selection in the low 30's. Are we as a club brave enough to continue the aggressive trading with the view of bringing in more talent?? It's not like we are bereft for middling half back flankers...

Member 7167 wrote:
Who would Langdom push out when he is fit and comes back? The backline has been an issue all year but has certainly improved in recent times. Frost has proved to be one dimensional, Marley has failed to set the world on fire, Reid has been good to very good and Brown has been serviceable. Marsh and Howe has have certainly added some X Factor and Sinkers has developed some speed and skill by foot since he has no longer been under an injury cloud. Also there is also Keefe to consider?

Most intercept marks in the finals. Most marks by a Collingwood player in a final since at least 1965 (and, possibly, ever - the stats I've seen don't go back before that season). He was, apparently, "OK" with his 2018 but "pleased" with the way he finished off.

Most importantly, though, he is "determined to improve his leadership". Wink
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

I had Scharenberg ahead of him, but now am happy to say he is at least on par with Shaz. Shaz is an exceptional talent when fit.

I do wonder how Langdon gets so many marks. Does anyone attending training sessions or someone that has info have an insight as to why he is so good ie. read of ball flight or body strength or long arms or big hands or does he play taller than what he looks...?
Much appreciated.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm

He is the new jimmy clement .... reads the flight of the ball better than anyone in the afl.
But he does make mistakes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36   

Jump to: