Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thread for laughing and crying at student union reps (etc.)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 pm
Post subject: Thread for laughing and crying at student union reps (etc.)Reply with quote

So while gay marriage becomes closer, yet more proof that uni students may have a good education but zero common sense.

Quote:
UK's National Union of Students has passed a policy to stop gay men appropriating black female culture.

Delegates at the Women's Conference today, many of them self-identified feminists, have passed plenty of motions.

- See more at: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/uk-students-union-passes-policy-stop-white-gay-men-acting-black-women250315#sthash.ebFJ8sEl.dpuf

White gays are not allowed to behave like stereotypical southern African American Females,
"Jazz hands" should be used instead of clapping,
Cross dressing is forbidden unless the person is actually transgender.

I'm happy for these precious petals, passing so many resolutions that they can't actually enforce.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really relevant to the thread, but, yeah, total idiots.

If you want a real look into the heart of darkness, check out this article on the latest Australian National Union of Students National Conference from my university's student magazine:

http://rmitcatalyst.com/the-national-union-of-students-national-conference-2015-or-the-factional-war-thats-violent-ugly-and-going-broke/

These are our future leaders, apparently.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 pm

'Cultural appropriation' is so $£$%^%%$ stupid. Either you want multiculturalism, which implies melding and 'assimilating' aspects of each culture or you $£$%^%%$ don't, which is it?

It's like the whole 'race doesn't exist but here's some special something for races X, Y but not Z... but race doesn't exist'.

The left is $£$%^%%$ schizophrenic.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:50 pm

David wrote:
Not really relevant to the thread, but, yeah, total idiots.

If you want a real look into the heart of darkness, check out this article on the latest Australian National Union of Students National Conference from my university's student magazine:

http://rmitcatalyst.com/the-national-union-of-students-national-conference-2015-or-the-factional-war-thats-violent-ugly-and-going-broke/

These are our future leaders, apparently.

"Our" ? Shocked Speak for yourself there comrade. Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 pm

At least on the Labor side of politics. Student politics is how many of them get their start (and more than a few Liberals, too).
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 pm

Wokko wrote:
'Cultural appropriation' is so $£$%^%%$ stupid. Either you want multiculturalism, which implies melding and 'assimilating' aspects of each culture or you $£$%^%%$ don't, which is it?

No disagreement there.

Now, anyone mind if I split this thread? Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:32 pm

David wrote:
Wokko wrote:

No disagreement there.

Now, anyone mind if I split this thread? Razz

Into what? If you want to create a new one where we can laugh and cry at the collective self entitled twats that are student union representatives, go for your life.

There'd be less that 5 people on this board who have practical experience of student unions this millenium so it should be a retro blast.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:45 pm

I see what he did there...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 pm

5150 wrote:
I see what he did there...

Me too, but I wasn't game to call it!

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Been a while...

College bans Yoga due to 'Cultural Appropriation'. These are the people who'll be running the show one day.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/23/college-bans-yoga-white-people-cultural-genocide-due-western-supremacy/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Haha, that's a classic. Thanks Wokko. I liked this response from a yoga practitioner.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/11/23/is-yoga-cultural-appropriation-well-maybe

Quote:
"It is true that some Indians, both in and outside of India, do consider modern-day yoga practice, especially in the West, as a cultural appropriation," wrote Ram Vakkalanka from Thailand, where he is currently on a teaching tour of Asia.

"They think Asana (yoga postures) is being taken out of context by the West, separated from its spiritual roots and being used only to look good in tight stretchy pants!"

However, Vakkalanka said the ancients who first conceived the craft "did not intend yoga to be only for Indians.

"Everything that is useful and beneficial, no matter invented by whom or where, belongs to the entire humankind."

"Indians getting possessive of yoga and Westerners 'de-Indianizing' yoga -- both of these are (examples of) ignorance driven by ego," he said.

"Yoga is about union, coming together, practising and growing together. Yoga is about uniting, and anybody who uses yoga to divide is ignorant and needs to be stopped."

Cultural appropriation police are the worst.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Someone posted on Facebook the other day that yoga, or maybe yogis?, was dangerous!

Nuts.

I find it too boring, I prefer Pilates, and seriously, they should teach it in schools. It's awesome stress release, and so good as you get older for lengthening those failing muscles.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:15 pm

it would be interesting to be able to track some of these self absorbed imbeciles and see what happens to them once/if they ever actually leave the uni.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
it would be interesting to be able to track some of these self absorbed imbeciles and see what happens to them once/if they ever actually leave the uni.

Paying back HECs debt won't be high on the agenda. Most will try for a PHD in some self indulgent topic with no relevance or interest and then come out complaining about lack of public funding for same sex IVF, public housing (in inner city areas) for same sex couples and a myriad of other issues. And then try for jobs in the education industry because they are not up to anything else.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:00 am

You Know all those apposing same sex marriage are stupid. They say that same sex sex is wrong and shouldn't happen. Let em marry I say, everyone knows there's no sex after marriage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: