Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dear ASADA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
FFS, Essendon was punished 2 years ago for running the program. They got kicked out of finals, were fined and lost draft picks.

So the players are found not guilty of actually taking a banned drug that they didn't even know they may have been taking? This is a triumph of common sense. Punish the phucktards who created the situation, the club,(which has already happened) and let the innocent parties, the players, go free.

I'd be happy with the outcome if that were the reason for the decision, except that the AFL has decreed that they aren't even sure the players took anything illegal to begin with. Surely that then brings all their previous sanctions into question.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
FFS, Essendon was punished 2 years ago for running the program. They got kicked out of finals, were fined and lost draft picks.

So the players are found not guilty of actually taking a banned drug that they didn't even know they may have been taking? This is a triumph of common sense. Punish the phucktards who created the situation, the club,(which has already happened) and let the innocent parties, the players, go free.

They were not innocent, they consented to the shots, and now say they don't know what it was. They were not found innocent, the AFL were 'not comfortably satisfied', that ain't innocent, that's we know your guilty, but you've covered your tracks enough so we can bury this without any more nasty cucumber sandwich problems.

The players are just as guilty. They cheated, and they got away with it that's all. They won, yahoo, AFL lost. And a lot more than just the case.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I'd be happy with the outcome if that were the reason for the decision, except that the AFL has decreed that they aren't even sure the players took anything illegal to begin with. Surely that then brings all their previous sanctions into question.

Hey why not just slot them straight into the finals then? Just save a spot for em, how about fourth, they seem to thrive on double chances. Meanwhile our two players, who just wanted a fun night, won't have to worry about taking on their ped infested hulk bodies, win $£$%^%%$ win. Anzac Day is going to be a $£$%^%%$ nightmare.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

No, because the internal investigation commissioned by Essendon determined that they pharked up big time, setting up an injecting regime with bugger all controls in place and they copped their right whack for it.

The fact that 2+ years later, no one including the players are any wiser as to what they actually were given just emphasises how negligent the club were.

Lets just not burn the players for the clubs utter incompetence.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Hey why not just slot them straight into the finals then? Just save a spot for em, how about fourth, they seem to thrive on double chances. Meanwhile our two players, who just wanted a fun night, won't have to worry about taking on their ped infested hulk bodies, win $£$%^%%$ win. Anzac Day is going to be a $£$%^%%$ nightmare.

To be fair, as tragic as it is for Thomas and Keefe. They are only just in our best 22 on previous form, and honestly may or may not have got a spot on the list for 2016. however this all seems academic now.

If we allow the loss of two players to derail our whole season then i would be disappointed.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Dear ASADA,
Unless you have our piss in a jar, then you sir, have jack.

Yours sincerely,

Jimmy the Turd
Golden Haired Boy, EFC.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Surely you're being purposely dense on this point Wink.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 pm

For me I'm kinda over it.

But there is a more important principal still at stake. The players evading suspension because ADADA couldn't definitively join all the dots in sworn evidence leaves a huge stain on all sport overseen by WADA. This result is completely incongruent with inadvertent anti-doping cases of the last few years. It cannot be allowed to stand.

For the same reason our boys will get long bans even if they had a positive test from an inadvertent event the Essendon players need to be banned.

I hope that ASADA don't appeal and leave it to WADA to take it straight to CAS. 'Absolutely and utterly disgraceful' was the doping program at that club.

If it goes to CAS it will take quite a while which gives Hal Hunter enough opportunity to get full disclosure on the drugs in his Supreme Court application. Then maybe WADA can start getting better evidence than what ASADA had to work with and get all the dots joined up. I feel sick that they have escaped bans because they kept dodgy records or destroyed them. This is a bad result for fair sport. It is a poor precedent for all team sports that they have not had to pay the price,of the same strict rules that every other athletes have enforced on them including our own players.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:57 pm

When?
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:30 am
Post subject: Re: Dear ASADAReply with quote

Damien wrote:
TheJonesBoy wrote:
Damien wrote:
Dear ASADA,
For the good of all sports fans, and particularly fans of the greatest game in the world we implore you to appeal this ridiculous decision handed down today. Do a deal with Stephen Dank, Charters, Robinson or whoever is necessary to get them on the stand. The integrity of sport in this country, and of you as an organisation is in your hands.

Yours sincerely
Disappointed.

Oh please....yawn....its been 2 years and 2 months already. Let's look forward.

This was a decision for the players. Im happy for them.

Essendon still copped their right whack, massive fines, loss of picks, removal from the finals and their name dragged through mud and forever linked to this in the future.

Just be honest....you wanted to see a patched up Bombers get flogged by 30 goals for an entire season. Theres no shame in admitting that. Im sure you'd have alot of friends.

But this line regarding "the integrity of the sport" and it being a "ridiculous decision"....sure, if youve dissected every single shred of evidence, every line of transcript and have a law degree suitable for this type of hearing....then by all means, fly off the handle in disgust and go for it. But I suspect you havent, and instead are just happy to roll along with the media-driven narrative that has swung and missed so often through this drawn out joke of an investigation I'm not sure how anyone can take it seriously

Yeah Knackers. Nobody knows what the players were injected with but they 'know' it wasn't illegal. Let's just make it go away and move on without ever knowing the facts. You just acknowledged that the investigation was a joke. So no point in trying to make things right. Drugs in sport is OK then.

Where did I say "drugs in sport is OK" chief?
See thats what people like you do, put words in mouths and twist away to attempt to gather support for your "theories"...and that's all they are and sadly for you and your kind of observers from afar, all they will be.

How do we know "it" (the substances) were illegal? If the body put in charge of determining these things (ASADA) after 2 years and 2 months of what we assume were round the clock investigations couldnt figure it out.....are you trying to tell me from the learned position of sitting at a keyboard and with your vast knowledge of the ASADA/WADA codes you know what they were injected with and can categorically say they weer illegal? Or just taking a guess as well to suit your agenda?

The onus of finding the evidence was on ASADA. They failed miserably. In the process they dragged players emotions and potentially careers through the mud. Isn't that enough for a not guilty verdict?

What would you be satisfied with? Tell us that.

Im just glad to see from 90% of the responses from your OP there are others with a decent sense of perspective as well that say enough's enough....if they cant determine the "facts" by now...how long do we wait? Nah bugger it.....let's drag out the rumour, innuendo, conspiracy theories, abuse and baiting of Don's fans for another 10 years. That's healthy.

I don't feel sorry for Hird, Little, Reid, Dank, The Weapon etc....they all have a stain on them that will take a long time to remove. But for the players, good for them. It had to come to an end at some point....and no matter what the outcome someone would have had a whinge.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 am
Post subject: Re: Dear ASADAReply with quote

And lets look at another positive...when we beat them at full strength on ANZAC Day...we wont have to hear the countless excuses and incur sympathy from other clubs for beating up on a "top-up" filled Don's outfit!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:52 am

Disgraceful verdict which must not be allowed to stand. Essendon's fanatical determination to shred all the evidence alone is proof enough. No honest, drug-free organisation would do that.

(Not that there is any point in posting this: the thread will get rounded up, kicked in the head, and sent to the gulag soon enough, just like all the others.)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:17 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

No, because the internal investigation commissioned by Essendon determined that they pharked up big time, setting up an injecting regime with bugger all controls in place and they copped their right whack for it.

The fact that 2+ years later, no one including the players are any wiser as to what they actually were given just emphasises how negligent the club were.

Correct weight.

No record keeping whatsoever. Brought the game into disrepute.

However, I still can't fathom how Hird is still there given he was part of that management. 12 month ban & 1 million payout. To me the payout is a contempt of the process.

Anyways, we have two effen +ve blood tests to worry about Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 am

stui magpie wrote:
No, because the internal investigation commissioned by Essensdon determined that they pharked up big time, setting up an injecting regime with bugger all controls in place and they copped their right whack for it.

I'd suggest it was Dank's "diabolical foresight" to get the cleaner in asap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnrFrmPvLY. They missed some texts that people akin to him will prepare for and never allow to be used in the future. Probably with throw away phones ala breaking bad.

The club's pleading of ignorance, court case manipulation and destruction of evidence does not hint at incompetence. Rather the opposite.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am

Essendon management were FULLY aware that their program was illegal - this is irrefuteably proven by two simple facts.

1. They signed off on a back street / off site injection program.
2. They got all concerned to sign blanket consent forms sight unseen.

The AFL are hoping like crazy that their arse covering, money hungry bullshit of an inquiry isn't challenged by WADA. Because if it is - whatever the outcome - the AFL will be exposed world wide for the corporate dollar hungry arse wipes they so truly are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: