Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dear ASADA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

derkd wrote:
The Alternative is what? ...we let this whole saga drag on for another two years? ..the lessons learn are pretty clear ..the AFL and Clubs have to take more responsibility for the "fitness"programmes" being put in place. Bombers didn't get off scott free lost draft picks and the premiership window is now closed, they are dudded for the next decade anyway i think.

The biggest problem of all hasn't been fixed though derkd . . .

The worst kept secret was that this was all driven by turd, he should have been the first to go, he should have been castigated by everyone from the AFL down to the youngest toddler fan.

But there he is large as life on tv with the adoring media all over him as usual and not one single hair out of place - in a manner of speaking - he got off scott free, the man who engineered and drove the single worst deliberate cheating program ever to have touched Australian sport is unsullied.

It makes me sick to my bootheels and very, very angry with the AFL.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
FFS, Essendon was punished 2 years ago for running the program. They got kicked out of finals, were fined and lost draft picks.

So the players are found not guilty of actually taking a banned drug that they didn't even know they may have been taking? This is a triumph of common sense. Punish the phucktards who created the situation, the club,(which has already happened) and let the innocent parties, the players, go free.

Exactamundo.

I'm glad the players have been found not guilty, as they were the victims in this disgraceful episode. I am just furious that Hird is allowed to continue coaching after overseeing a covert experimental drug injection program on a group of young men, who should have been able to trust their club.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
FFS, Essendon was punished 2 years ago for running the program. They got kicked out of finals, were fined and lost draft picks.

So the players are found not guilty of actually taking a banned drug that they didn't even know they may have been taking? This is a triumph of common sense. Punish the phucktards who created the situation, the club,(which has already happened) and let the innocent parties, the players, go free.

Exactamundo.

I'm glad the players have been found not guilty, as they were the victims in this disgraceful episode. I am just furious that Hird is allowed to continue coaching after overseeing a covert experimental drug injection program on a group of young men, who should have been able to trust their club.

I agree and more importantly I think that's why ASADA are pissed. It's the club and the people who held the pointy things and stuck em into the players that really have walked ways with SFA. Players risked losing their careers but the club copped a bit of a financial whack, missed out on some finals and they will bounce back. Hird FFS got an all expenses paid get the hell out of here holiday. Someone needs to pay for this. Not the players but someone.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:25 pm
Post subject: Re: Dear ASADAReply with quote

Damien wrote:
Dear ASADA,
For the good of all sports fans, and particularly fans of the greatest game in the world we implore you to appeal this ridiculous decision handed down today. Do a deal with Stephen Dank, Charters, Robinson or whoever is necessary to get them on the stand. The integrity of sport in this country, and of you as an organisation is in your hands.

Yours sincerely
Disappointed.

I just sent this to them and I encourage others to do similar.

I'm totally in agreement Damien. The most disgraceful episode in AFL history, and we still don't know what the players were injected with.

I was never comfortable with talk of players in a team sport copping penalties because of the recklessness of their coaches and administrators. And I'm happy for the players; they did nothing wrong.

ASADA must appeal this decision though. Dank, Charters and all of the other shady sports scientists must be put on the stand. The Tribunal made the only decision possible given it had its hands tied behind its back.

If ASADA has lost its appetite then let us all hope WADA steps in; Gillon McLaughlin may want it all to go away, but for the other 17 clubs and the supporters, it is absolutely necessary that this disgraceful episode be brought to a proper conclusion.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Yes but, some of those players bulked up and increased their market value on the back of those PEDs. Don't forget that Essendon were 2nd on the ladder at round 10, 2012, in the heydey of this program, running over many sides in the second halves of games. In fact, they would have been on top had it not been for the shock loss to Melbourne, which, had it happened in India, would have ended some careers one way or another.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:33 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
derkd wrote:
The Alternative is what? ...we let this whole saga drag on for another two years? ..the lessons learn are pretty clear ..the AFL and Clubs have to take more responsibility for the "fitness"programmes" being put in place. Bombers didn't get off scott free lost draft picks and the premiership window is now closed, they are dudded for the next decade anyway i think.

The biggest problem of all hasn't been fixed though derkd . . .

The worst kept secret was that this was all driven by turd, he should have been the first to go, he should have been castigated by everyone from the AFL down to the youngest toddler fan.

But there he is large as life on tv with the adoring media all over him as usual and not one single hair out of place - in a manner of speaking - he got off scott free, the man who engineered and drove the single worst deliberate cheating program ever to have touched Australian sport is unsullied.

It makes me sick to my bootheels and very, very angry with the AFL.

I wouldn't be worried, if nothing else his name is now forever linked to this period of the clubs history.

The other thing that so many forget is, ok now they might be past the whole ASADA issue (i for one hope so) and hats off to him he has survived what many believed would have destroyed him. But he now has to go back coaching and actually winning games of Football, is he actually any good at coaching??? if he fails at this, he will be on the scrape heap pretty quick.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 am

ON ABC News 24 today, some guy, some expert from ASADA, was saying the Dons players had been injected, "hundreds, possibly thousand times" ! Im just waiting for the shit to hit the fan in a few years, when these players, guinea pigs, start having serious side effects from these unknown drugs, the ones not even Hird knows what the hell they were, or anyone at the dons, evidence was destroyed. When these players, or some of em, cant have kids, have mysterious illnesses, and all manner of side effects, that's when they will start hitting the dumb dons with legal action, suing them for millions, when their health and well being starts falling apart. This aint over by a long chalk yet, down the track, huge payouts may have to be anted up, and will be anted up, by Essendon and Hird.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:08 am

Piesnchess wrote:
ON ABC News 24 today, some guy, some expert from ASADA, was saying the Dons players had been injected, "hundreds, possibly thousand times" ! Im just waiting for the shit to hit the fan in a few years, when these players, guinea pigs, start having serious side effects from these unknown drugs, the ones not even Hird knows what the hell they were, or anyone at the dons, evidence was destroyed. When these players, or some of em, cant have kids, have mysterious illnesses, and all manner of side effects, that's when they will start hitting the dumb dons with legal action, suing them for millions, when their health and well being starts falling apart. This aint over by a long chalk yet, down the track, huge payouts may have to be anted up, and will be anted up, by Essendon and Hird.

unlike the horse steroids they gave the West Germans in the 1980s, the PEDs that are given to athletes these days rarely have the side effects you are hoping for. for the most part, they often life extending and actually very good if taken in the right dosages. Most of the PEds are used in the treatment of sick people to make them better.

I dont think you will see the effects you are hoping for in this case.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:59 am

I think the vast majority are in agreement about hird.

I don't get the "poor player" thing.

They are all schooled over and over and over before and after they get drafted.

Not one player out of how many, not one veteran, one who's daddy is well know around the joint, and footy in general, questioned the need for any kind of waiver? Not one player questioned getting treated like a pin cushion, not one player questioned going over the road to get them?

I call bullshit.

And let's not foget, ignorance is not a defence.

But they weren't ignorant, they knew something wasn't right, and yet they did it anyway. Guilty can be the only acceptable verdict.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 am

think positive wrote:
I think the vast majority are in agreement about hird.

I don't get the "poor player" thing.

They are all schooled over and over and over before and after they get drafted.

Not one player out of how many, not one veteran, one who's daddy is well know around the joint, and footy in general, questioned the need for any kind of waiver? Not one player questioned getting treated like a pin cushion, not one player questioned going over the road to get them?

I call bullshit.

And let's not foget, ignorance is not a defence.

But they weren't ignorant, they knew something wasn't right, and yet they did it anyway. Guilty can be the only acceptable verdict.

i totally agree with this. There is no way in the world that 30 players could participate in a massive injecting program and all be considered innocent victims. If that is true then EVERY athlete is an innocent victim.

By way of example, if the coach of a 19 year old olympic sprinter did this and got busted, there is no way anyone is saying, "Oh the poor kid was tricked by his coaches!!!!!! I mean let's face it, every single player who takes PEDs is poorly advised by someone. No one just wakes up one morning and starts juicing! Someone always puts them onto it.

I will guaranty you not one of the essendon players considered what they were doing was innocent. i GUARANTEE it!

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:37 am

As I've stated before EFC are in it up to their necks

1. Get players to sign a blanket permission form
2. Get players offsite away from the club to distance themselves
3. Inject players hundreds of times
4. Keep no records of any of it.

Classic intentional systemic cheating syndrome.

EFC were totally in the picture, Turd was in the drivers seat, Dank was the procurer and the club doctor (can't remember name) needs to be deregistered.

These people were all in the know and willingly participated in the darkest chapter of Australian sporting history.

But while we are at it lets not forget the AFL were implicated right at the very start with the Bombers being warned - that for my part stinks to high heaven as well.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:17 am

A couple things I'd like to point out.
1. Would people accept ASADA just giving up and letting the whole thing be left alone simply because a cheating club made it incredibly hard by destroying records, taking court action, using so many dodgy characters as consultants and suppliers that their testimony would not be believed and that they were so dodgy they could be incriminating themselves?

The problem was that this went to a sports tribunal who had no power under law to collect the required evidence about a dodgy program run by dodgy people who are prepared to hide it all by destroying all the records. This should have gone to a court of sport with court powers to subpoena and make people appear. I just hope like hell a former Essendon player like Hal Hunter cam somehow use statutory powers of disclosure in his Supreme Court application to find the real evidence in the timeframe for a WADA appeal and then we can get the result all of our teams need and deserve.

2. You'd think Essendon's football dept in 2011 and 2012 was some huge operation with hundreds of staff spread over multiple locations where a member was hidden away from a coach and they never crossed paths in the hallway or lunch room. This is a joke. A footy department has 15 or 20 people in a relatively small office areas and people would be operating just like they do in a business that size. For Hird to pretend he didn't keep seeing his players wandering off to get injections every day for months on end is crazy. The experimentation, the doping, the whatever takes was something they dealt with every day as it was all in their faces.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 am

To me it is a bit of a surprise.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:19 am

Wonder how Eddie is feeling after all the support he gave to the EFC and now two Collingwood players are going to get two years.

They deserve two years if sample B terns out positive.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:08 am

E wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

unlike the horse steroids they gave the West Germans in the 1980s, the PEDs that are given to athletes these days rarely have the side effects you are hoping for. for the most part, they often life extending and actually very good if taken in the right dosages. Most of the PEds are used in the treatment of sick people to make them better.

I dont think you will see the effects you are hoping for in this case.

I am not hoping for this at all, just stating a fact, the elephant in the room like. If you are not an expert in chemical drugs, pharmacy, I reckon you are trusting in blind faith, all drugs have side effects, even prescribed ones, there will be side effects down the track, make no mistake.! If these drugs were so "safe", like you assert, WHY was all evidence about them, destroyed by the Dons hierarchy, even Dank said there was evidence, all gone now, hardly safe drugs methinks ! The Peds, came from some unknown source, unknown what the hell was in them, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be injected with unknown subtances, hundreds of times. I reckon the CEO of ASADA knows what hes saying, this is very much the elephant in the room, and the Dons will feel very uneasy over the next several years, or even ten years, mark my words. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: