Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Should Coll. ask AFL to lift prov. ban on JT & LK for Rn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My blood type is B+ are theirs?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 am

I was hoping to post in the other thread but it's been locked for some unknown reason.

Anyway I admit I may have jumped the gun ever so slightly earlier yesterday due to the initial shock in discovering that two of our own players have been tested positive for performance enhancing substances but of course they still have another test that will need to be conducted and determined by April 14. I'd assume it's just mere formality so the likelihood of them testing positive again would most likely be quite high one would suspect.

However I'm not going to shy away from the fact that drugs in sport is absolutely disgraceful and needs to be frowned upon and dealt with swiftly when anyone is confronted with such a situation. That's why I was quite pleased to see Gary Pert and Neil Balme on the forefront trying to demonstrate that they will 100% support the process and investigation that will be undertaken by ASADA, and the boys will be given a chance to explain their side of the story but there was no hint of us shirking responsibility and I think if the boys are found to be guilty of testing positive for a banned substance and assuming they've deliberately set out to do this I don't think the club would have any hesitation to sack them if it came to that. Even if it's unintentional I think the club would make a strong stand on this one way or another.

Now apparently both Keefe and Thomas through their independent legal representation are trying to ascertain whether a 'toxic' meat that they ate in New Zealand may be the cause of the first testing sample being tested positive for the two players. The boys seem insistent and adamant that they can't explain this revelation so it's going to be quite a drawn out process especially if this investigation is New Zealand is undertaken to ascertain whether the meat contains a substance that is prohibited under the WADA code. If nothing is established here I think they're in massive trouble in terms of their future playing careers.

It's quite devastating to hear such stories come out like the way they did yesterday but we shouldn't be afraid to make stand on this issue and we need to demonstrate that we are cooperative with the AFL and ASADA unlike a certain other club out there who will face the day of reckoning today. For a minute there I thought the timing to this was quite convenient and planned considering what today confronts for Essendon and the AFL.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 am

No
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: