Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been about a week since the B samples have been tested. But no news. Should we read anything into this?
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:41 pm

My thoughts exactly Melliot....
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 pm

melliot wrote:
It's been about a week since the B samples have been tested. But no news. Should we read anything into this?

That it came back Postive as IF it was Negative Keeffe and Thomas would already be back with the Team

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:13 pm

I wouldn't read much into it, if it came back one way or another they'd have been given the news and action would have been taken one way or the other.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
melliot wrote:

That it came back Postive as IF it was Negative Keeffe and Thomas would already be back with the Team

I could be wrong, but I don't think the results would necessarily be known yet by anyone. These tests can take time.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Slow burning Bunsen burner? Seriously over a week now???
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

There could be secondary tests. Honestly, I have no idea.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Cmon guys- this is Collingwood. The usual respect will be shown and the results will be made clear to the club and the public the day before their ANZAC day clash.

It will be released so as to have a ginormous media impact and they will serve to destabilise us as much as possible. Of course there is every chance they will wait untill the eve of the scum game. I am sure our enemies would be happy with either.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:00 am

Lets hope for a Friday night announcement. That's when they announce controversy that they want to go away quietly

The b sample isn't as important as what credible story they come up with. B sample will for sure be positive.

Sanction depends on their story.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 am

On Footy Classified tonight Gary Lyon replayed his interview with Steele Sidebottom. He asked Sidey if he'd spoken to Keeffe and Thomas. Sidey said no but that he'd texted Keeffe. Sidey couldn't really answer Lyon when he asked him again why he hadn't spoken to the two.

I heard Pendles on 3AW saying similar things. Bucks has also said they had not had any contact after lawyers got involved.

I think it's natural that the lawyers would be warning everybody at the club to keep a distance lest they be quoted in the upcoming tribunal cases for both boys.

Lyon said it was extraordinary that the players wouldn't be standing beside and supporting their mates. He suggested it points to a lack of cohesion in the group. It's the same line that Damien Barrett took a few weeks back.

I hope Lyon is wrong on this.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 am

Neil.. sorry mate but what a load of sh** from Lyon and ambulance chaser Barrett. Lack of cohesion - yeah because it's every day you have your teammates found with performance enhancing drugs. Because every day lawyers get involved in what you can and can't say.

My goodness... Barrett is so negative it's ridiculous.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:41 am

The players and footy dept are employees and the lack of contact would be so as to not create a evidentiary conflict between the two players and their reprentatives from the AFLPA (think union) until the contractual ramifications are clearer. In other words don't say anything in case you say something.

Until it is known whether a show cause notice has then lead to an infraction notice then the parties do not know whether they have a future arms length relationship or an employer to employee relationship. I have never read a player contract but I would presume their would be some onus on the club when a contract breach involving WADA banned drugs leads to an infraction notice to stand down a player. People need to understand their lawyers want to find the source of the drug and that presumes there is a chance it came from their club (I don't believe it did, but the lawyers are acting for the two players).

If no infraction notice is going to be issued then the contractual relationship is reinstated in it's original form. If an infraction notice is issued then the club/employer may stand down the players until the tribunal hearing. During that time there would be no close contact. This is so that no communication can be included as evidence or testimony as part of tribunal submissions. It is unfortunate that this is the way it has to be. But the dynamics of this situation force these temporary roles. The players personal interests are being protected and the club's overarching interests are being protected too.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:59 am
Post subject: WhatReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
melliot wrote:

Utter crap! Results are delayed and forwarded to the AFL even if they are negative. Club still has options. Get your facts right!

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
On Footy Classified tonight Gary Lyon replayed his interview with Steele Sidebottom. He asked Sidey if he'd spoken to Keeffe and Thomas. Sidey said no but that he'd texted Keeffe. Sidey couldn't really answer Lyon when he asked him again why he hadn't spoken to the two.

I heard Pendles on 3AW saying similar things. Bucks has also said they had not had any contact after lawyers got involved.

I think it's natural that the lawyers would be warning everybody at the club to keep a distance lest they be quoted in the upcoming tribunal cases for both boys.

Lyon said it was extraordinary that the players wouldn't be standing beside and supporting their mates. He suggested it points to a lack of cohesion in the group. It's the same line that Damien Barrett took a few weeks back.

I hope Lyon is wrong on this.

I call it half glass full / empty or 50/50 journalism meaning you can either put a positive or negative spin on the story depends how you want to report it? What do you think reads as a better story??

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:38 am

Was having this discussion with a lawyer friend the other day.

If Michael Rogers, the Australian cyclist, was cleared of clenbuterol use because of infected meat he ate in China, what in effect is the difference if these boys have inadvertently ingested the clenbuterol as a result of taking an illicit drug? In both cases, neither have taken a performance enhancing drug deliberately/knowingly nor enhanced performance through its use.

Given the 3 strikes policy that exists in the AFL, they should fess up to use of an illicit drug and then get on with things. What are people's thoughts on this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 34 of 44   

Jump to: