Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you have read my rantings over the years, you may have detected that I can be a tad sentimental - I do love this club. And hate the way the media will put the boot in. My son started playing afl this year for a team in Sydney. Their jumper is based on the Collingwood one, their theme song is based on "Good old Collingwood, etc...". He got his jumper last week. Presented by a couple of Swans players (dont worry he bleeds B&W). The number on his jumper is 23. Yep. He asked me last week who 23 was, and I started this "really good up and coming player, tall like you are Harry, etc ...". Now I just have this sense of sadness. This isnt up there with the really bad stuff in life, but just a sense of not being able to say to him ... there's the guy with your number to an excited 10 year old. I will support them until the very end (but if this is not some unfortunate mistake, or inadvertance then it is time to go).
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:12 am

Let's say they confess into taking Cocaine which they were unaware had been cut with the other drug. Now this opens a can of worms as I read it will fall under the 3 strikes policy where the player/s cannot be named. Embarassed Under the 3 strike rule they cannot be sacked for a 1st offence they need 3.

Thoughts?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:22 am

Culprit wrote:
Let's say they confess into taking Cocaine which they were unaware had been cut with the other drug. Now this opens a can of worms as I read it will fall under the 3 strikes policy where the player/s cannot be named. Embarassed Under the 3 strike rule they cannot be sacked for a 1st offence they need 3.

Thoughts?

would only mitigate against receiving a four year suspension. i would think the presence of clenbuterol overrides all else.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:41 am

Yeah, they might get a discount but thats all. Like Heater and Maxy, the Pies will be whacked to set the precedent :/
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Cam wrote:
Yeah, they might get a discount but thats all. Like Heater and Maxy, the Pies will be whacked to set the precedent :/

BANG - NAIL - HEAD.

As usual, Collingwood and the players will be punished to make the AFL look good. Nothing new about this age old tactic... Rolling Eyes

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Lazza wrote:
Cam wrote:

BANG - NAIL - HEAD.

As usual, Collingwood and the players will be punished to make the AFL look good. Nothing new about this age old tactic... Rolling Eyes

If they got busted for PED's becasue their illicit drugs were contaminated, they will have no sympathy with me. This has nothing to do with the "lets attack Collingwood" syndrome.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:19 pm

AT least our two lads, if guilty, know what they took. What about the silly Dons players, celebrating, yet NOT KNOWING what they were injected with ??. Arent they more concerned about that, I cant believe they have not been told by the Bummers medicos, especially that old Doc whose been there for decades. Whose to say there aren't serious side effects down the track, like unable to have kids, or serious illnesses, from these quirky drugs they got injected with, it could marr them badly later in life. The Dons could be hit hard down the track with lawsuits from these players, they are far from out of the woods yet. I know if I was a Dons players parent id be furious with the club, not knowing what the hell they put into my son. No doubt many parents have sought legal advice, so coach Hird and co have serious issues perhaps down the track.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Whatever the circumstances surrounding our two boys, Keeffe and Thomas, their actions pale into insignificance in comparison to the actions of Hird and his accomplices who presided over a secret, undocumented drug injection program across an entire club, knowing that one of the drugs in question had no identification test in place and so could not be detected.
This is sickening to the core. If moreover it turns out that Keeffe and Thomas had the drug in their system inadvertently (due to use of recreational drugs), it will be truly heart wrenching to see them driven out while Hird contemplates a life long coaching career at Essendon.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Whatever the circumstances surrounding our two boys, Keeffe and Thomas, their actions pale into insignificance in comparison to the actions of Hird and his accomplices who presided over a secret, undocumented drug injection program across an entire club, knowing that one of the drugs in question had no identification test in place and so could not be detected.
This is sickening to the core. If moreover it turns out that Keeffe and Thomas had the drug in their system inadvertently (due to use of recreational drugs), it will be truly heart wrenching to see them driven out while Hird contemplates a life long coaching career at Essendon.

Spot on, and lets not forget Hirds all expenses paid, on full pay, 12 month sojourn in France, on the Dons coin, with missus and kids, how the hell was that a "punishment" ??. Hes laughing now, the bastard, crying croc tears over his players who got injected with unknown substance. How would he feel if one of his sons had been ??. Our guys will be the sacrificial lambs, while this pretty boy bastard goes blithely along in his cosy job, with dumbarse Dons fans backing him, just listen to SEN !! Rolling Eyes Shocked

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:45 pm

woftam wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Cam wrote:

BANG - NAIL - HEAD.

If they got busted for PED's becasue their illicit drugs were contaminated, they will have no sympathy with me. This has nothing to do with the "lets attack Collingwood" syndrome.

I doubt they'll get much sympathy from the league or ASADA either, but there should be consideration of an important principle here—that there's a difference between deliberate cheating and inadvertent/reckless cheating.

Whatever you think of cocaine use, or AFL players using cocaine, if that's how this substance has ended up in their system, then this falls into that second category. And it's an important principle of justice (reflected through our entire legal system) that doing something recklessly or accidentally entitles you to a lower sentence (if any at all) than doing something knowingly or maliciously.

I'm not sure why WADA/ASADA think performance-enhancing drug use should be an exception to that rule. Obviously you shouldn't be able to compete while the substance is still active, giving you an unfair advantage; but beyond that, any further punishment for accidental usage seems gratuitous and unjust to me. Unfortunately, the little tyrants of WADA don't have much of an ear for nuance.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm struggling to believe that contaminated meat in New Zealand is the cause of the reason why they tested positive to a banned substance but let's see where this goes before completely writing off this aspect of the investigation.

The story about cocaine usage is more plausible in my opinion but of course there's nothing to suggest that unless the players openly admit to using illicit drugs.

One way or another I suspect they're in massive trouble especially if the B sample test results come back 'positive' again and the investigation in New Zealand fails.

Last edited by Jezza on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Jezza wrote:
I'm struggling to believe that contaminated meat in New Zealand is the cause of the reason why they tested positive to a banned substance but let's see where this goes before completely writing off this aspect of the investigation.

The story about cocaine usage is more plausible in my opinion but of course there's nothing to suggest that unless the players openly admit to using illicit drugs.

One way or another I suspect they're in massive trouble especially if the B sample test results in the players testing 'positive' again and the investigation in New Zealand fails.

Sadly, the most logical explanation is that they are in fact drug cheats.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:01 pm
Post subject: Re: Take a chill pill Eddie, re Keefe and Thomas !Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Cmon Eddie, calm down for chrissakes and take a chill pill on Keefe and Josh. I don't think threatening to sack them if guilty is the right penalty at all, especially in light of this weak as cats piss decision on the essendoper saga. OK, I agree, if guilty they deserve to be punished harshly, but surely a very heavy fine, coupled with a 12 month club suspension, is enough to impose on them, in light of todays events. ? Lets not rush to judgement eddie, just calm down and lets try to be rational about this, and work out a fair and just penalty if they are indeed guilty, lets not go over the top and destroy two young careers, urged on by media hacks and sycomphants. Rolling Eyes Idea

Something remarkable would have to happen for them to play AFL again, they tested positive mate, they have the smoking gun.

Sadly, reckon you are right, Pert and Blame sounded a bit hopeful and more reserved in their comments, but eddie coming out swinging like this, as he often does, does not bode well for them. Afterall, what eddie wants, eddie usually gets. Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm
Post subject: Re: Take a chill pill Eddie, re Keefe and Thomas !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Sadly, reckon you are right, Pert and Blame sounded a bit hopeful and more reserved in their comments, but eddie coming out swinging like this, as he often does, does not bode well for them. Afterall, what eddie wants, eddie usually gets. Rolling Eyes

Actually Piesnchess, not for the first time, I fully agree with Eddie on this. Mate, I HATE drugs and in my job, I see far too many decent people consigned to being rubbish human beings due to this scourge.

IF the process of investigation is a fair one and IF they are found to be guilty, I feel that the club has no other option but to sack them mate. Crying or Very sad

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Actually Piesnchess, not for the first time, I fully agree with Eddie on this. Mate, I HATE drugs and in my job, I see far too many decent people consigned to being rubbish human beings due to this scourge.

IF the process of investigation is a fair one and IF they are found to be guilty, I feel that the club has no other option but to sack them mate. Crying or Very sad

Male prostituion is not a job.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 21 of 44   

Jump to: