Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual defamation with nothing to back it up. Some great posters we have around here.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 am

Jezza wrote:
BUCKS THE GREATEST wrote:
<SNIP>

Who's your source to this alleged information? Confused

If you cannot ascertain one I think it's best we wait until April 14 when the B sample test results are revealed. After that I think it would be more appropriate to comment on this subject matter in terms of whether they're 100% guilty or not unless new developments come to light between now and then.

5th april, same thing was said without foundation.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:01 am

stui magpie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
If they can escape with a 12 month ban then keep em on the list I say.

I'd go with that. You can't replace them by adding players to the list, so treat them as a knee reco, sideline them and get permission to promote rookies to replace them.

2 years would be stretching the friendship although 204cm key position players who we've invested 5 years into don't grow on coca bushes. Wink

Yeah normally I'd be in the "screw them" camp for being so dumb as to take rec drugs but I don't know, I'm still not convinced, these two, just doesn't fit. I'm so disappointed in Thomas, who has been through hell with injuries, and been so backed by the club, but I just can't see it. Nor keefe, who we are already missing in defence, but gees they seem so white boy nerd. Like, hi, take my daughter out please.

I can't be the only one saying if it was(my favourite player) swan, well ok I get that, though I think he's a bourbon bad boy myself. I don't know, I've never known anyone on drugs. And I only know 1 person who used to be on drugs. That's probably not true, but I couldn't pick them.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 am

Drugs are EVERYWHERE. Not my style (I'm more a spirits man myself), but they are seriously no big deal when out and about these days. I know people who regularly smoke dope, snort the odd white stuff, even take the occasional ice hit, like it's just another way to get a small buzz to them. Hearing of players snorting coke (which to me, raised on '80s films, seemed like the ultimate hard-core drug) is now no big deal to me. I couldn't care less. Why? It's the same drug as before, but it's all down to growing up, seeing people on said drug, and realising that most drugs aren't actually that bad (but abusing them is). Unfortunately, there are those that are dependent on drugs (but, there a lot dependent on booze as well). What am I trying to say? I have no idea...
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 am

They wanna do drugs no skin off my nose, I really don't GAF but don't embarrass the Club like this.

(If they did:) Now get out & never come back!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 am

ANNODAM wrote:
They wanna do drugs no skin off my nose, I really don't GAF but don't embarrass the Club like this.

Now get out & never come back!
I'm more pissed off for what they are costing us, we can't afford to have players out for stupidity off field, we don't have enough troops as it is.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:58 am

^ Yes well that is that too...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Have a great day

Last edited by BUCKS THE GREATEST on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Well it certainly fits, there's stories of clen being used with various drugs for 10 years or more (I did some digging on the internets Laughing).

You can bet all the players with regular dealers and coke habits never have to deal with shit like this, it's the dabbling, naive kids who get busted. Hopefully they cop something for the illicit use and get off on PEDs if what BtG says is true (friend of a friend knows a guy sounds pretty dodgy, but I'll take it as legit for the purpose of this thread).
BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 am

My mate has no reason to speak crap. He was right about Shaw getting traded and beams left because of the way they treated Shaw was the final straw. The players didn't honestly know what it was laced with but they were stupid enough to do drugs. Believe what you like I know it's correct
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 am

My mate has no reason to speak crap. He was right about Shaw getting traded and beams left because of the way they treated Shaw was the final straw. The players didn't honestly know what it was laced with but they were stupid enough to do drugs. Believe what you like I know it's correct

Does your mate know that whatever he tells you ends up here. Does the club know your mate is telling anyone. Should someone tell the club there is a grass within. Who knows? as fitness bloke he could leak you something such as an injury that could cost us a Grand Final. Should your mate get the sack, considering the injury regime in last couple of years we can afford to give one the flick until the stool pigeon is gone.

BUCKS THE GREATEST 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:35 am

No idea I just passed on what I was told. Delete it I don't care

Does your mate know that whatever he tells you ends up here. Does the club know your mate is telling anyone. Should someone tell the club there is a grass within. Who knows? as fitness bloke he could leak you something such as an injury that could cost us a Grand Final. Should your mate get the sack, considering the injury regime in last couple of years we can afford to give one the flick until the stool pigeon is gone.[/quote]

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:08 pm

No idea I just passed on what I was told. Delete it I don't care

Then I suggest you talk to him and clarify It Maybe he thinks he is talking under Chatham House rules. These boards are trolled by lazy media (hi there trolls and molls). many players think that what they say to medical staff are in confidence. Like a Doctor. Either way the club, players agent or player may think passing on information is unethical if they don't know it is going to happen.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:26 pm

I doubt its been let slip by accident; a classic case of 'slow release' if this turns out to be true.

Put it up on the boards, let the rumour mill take a little steam out of it before the press conference next week, maybe even a speculative article by some journalist, and then when they announce it its no big shock.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
I doubt its been let slip by accident; a classic case of 'slow release' if this turns out to be true.

Put it up on the boards, let the rumour mill take a little steam out of it before the press conference next week, maybe even a speculative article by some journalist, and then when they announce it its no big shock.

It may well be. In the old days the likes of Alf Brown, Tom Prior and Scott Palmer would shout a few pots to the right bloke and he would get pissed and out it would come. Of course most of the sources were volunteers at the club or on such a small stipend that a few beers was seen as just reward about things like a minor niggle or a player wanting to move on. Of course in those days players private lives were out of bounds as they all worked a full time job. Along came Wayne Carey,St Kilda schoolgirls, dobbergram, anti-social media and Tania Hird and it all turned to shit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 33 of 44   

Jump to: