Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/11/collingwood-player-josh-thomas-injured-in-attempted-mugging/
4everpies 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Do we know if these two holidayed together outside Australia and, if so, where?

Might be relevant to a contaminated meat defence.

It's a fair call given how odd it is that two players would test positive at the same time. I can't believe that two blokes would be sitting there together going "yeah let's take this, we'll never get caught".

As I said in my first post... let's get the full story before passing judgement with comments like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". If it's through contaminated meat how the hell do you prove it?

I just had a look back through Lachy's Twitter account but there's no tweets around Christmas/New Year so nothing there. I guess we wait for the press conference and the circus to start.

Bloody terribly just a few days out from the season.

Keeffe, Fasolo and Sinclair definitely went away together in the off season. Pics from Fasolo's instagram show they were in America, but didn't see any pics of Thomas.

Thomas was in America, cause that's where he got stabbed in the hand during a mugging.

For some reason I think Keeffe and Thomas share a house, but not 100% on that one.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 pm

I am confident they are innocent.
In the same way that I believe Essendon are
innocent.
This whole drug thing and ASADA are full of holes
in the way they approach, investigate and label each incident.

TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/11/collingwood-player-josh-thomas-injured-in-attempted-mugging/

Umm....and this is relevent how again?
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:16 pm

For all the talk of changing the "culture" of this club then the club simply can't keep either on the list if they fail their follow up B sample.

They've taken (whether intentionally or not) a banned substance which directly contravenes the drug code they've all signed off on. This has brought our clubs professionalism, honesty and reputation into disrepute by association with these two.

Giving the likes of Heater and Harry the flick for some brain snaps seems pretty bloody trivial compared to what these two arsehats have done.

Yeah, yeah they're young but so what? They'd have to be living under a rock if they weren't aware of what their responsibilities as footballers are and if they can't uphold their end of the deal then the club sure as hell shouldn't honour theirs.

As far as their contracts go- terminate with extreme promptness and prejudice.

Last edited by Flashman on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
4everpies 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:16 pm

AFL statement says the sample was taken 10 Feb. That's a good 4 months after the overseas trip (unless they went away during Xmas/New Year), so the contaminated meat defence may be a bit far fetched.

As they are goooooone, does anyone know if rookies can be upgraded in their places?
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:18 pm

^ Perhaps he was given something in LA?

Either way, see 'ya pretty boy...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:19 pm

The club needs to take a stand if these boys fail their follow up B sample. We can't tolerate this and has only made the professionalism of our club look embarrassing now.

The only upside to all of this is that the youngsters now have a chance to break into the senior side.

The 4:30pm press conference by the club should be interesting. I don't want us bullshitting around the situation! We need to confront this head on and demand that this is unacceptable and should not be tolerated not only at the club but also in the wider competition.

Keefe and Thomas are in massive trouble!

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Good bye & good riddance!

I knew it was just a matter of time before we were going to be embroiled in this. There are others, you mark my words!

Well aren't we a laughing stock now!!!
All this talk about ESS & what not, well hasn't the karma bus hit us now...

rare that i agree, but i always got annoyed with the Collingwood fans on here that jumped all over Bombers and used the "Essendope" tag for them.....i don't have any love for the Bombers....but i get the feelings on here some people are just too "one eyed"without ever wondering if maybe more then one club would get hit by the drug scandal.

I hope the best for Keefe and Thomas. if they do get a ban, welllets just see what happens.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Do we know if these two holidayed together outside Australia and, if so, where?

Might be relevant to a contaminated meat defence.

It's a fair call given how odd it is that two players would test positive at the same time. I can't believe that two blokes would be sitting there together going "yeah let's take this, we'll never get caught".

As I said in my first post... let's get the full story before passing judgement with comments like "don't let the door hit you on the way out". If it's through contaminated meat how the hell do you prove it?

I just had a look back through Lachy's Twitter account but there's no tweets around Christmas/New Year so nothing there. I guess we wait for the press conference and the circus to start.

Bloody terribly just a few days out from the season.

I will say the very same stuff I said regarding the Essendon saga so that it doesn’t sound hypocritical. If all the investigations, interviews and blood/urine tests (all of them) show conclusively that they intentionally took an illegal substance, sack them both. Evil or Very Mad Mad

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Sadly it sounds like they are both gonski.

As someone else said, we must stop the bus, let them off, and keep going.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Assuming they are both guilty of this, I wonder if the club had some inkling and this is why Keeffe was taken out of the leadership group after just one year? It now seems like a good decision.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly it sounds like they are both gonski.

As someone else said, we must stop the bus, let them off, and keep going.

Agree as long as we also run over some of the media feral dogs that keep chasing the bloody bus!! Twisted Evil

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:29 pm

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-30/club-statement

The Collingwood Football Club was advised on Friday by ASADA that two of its players, Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas, are under investigation.

The pair have returned positive A samples to clenbuterol, a substance prohibited under the WADA anti-doping code.

The players’ B samples are still to be analysed, which is currently scheduled for 14 April 2015. It is noted that until the outcome of the B sample is known, the commencement of the provisional suspension is not an admission of guilt or wrongdoing, but a procedural requirement under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Both players have sought independent legal advice through the AFL Players Association.

It is important for Collingwood to communicate to its supporters that the club has conducted a forensic audit of its tightly controlled dietary and nutrition program (which is overseen by its Integrity Officer) and is completely satisfied the positive results are in no way connected to the program.

Collingwood is wholly committed to upholding the WADA anti-doping policy and the cause of eradicating performance enhancing drugs from sport.

The club will continue to offer both players all of its support.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Please let it be from dodgy meat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 4 of 44   

Jump to: