Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report 30th March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to call Paul Licuria the "turnover king" week in week out and then we won 2 Copeland trophies.

Still a lot of hope for Adams at least he gets in and gets the damn thing!!!!

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:17 pm

malteaser wrote:
Looks like now that Moore will play, now that Keefe is gone forever

How about we actually find out how the drug got in his and Thomas' systems before we make judgements.

Also, Brown and Frost are more than capable of holding Brisbanes lousy key forwards, and Marsh was pushing for selection before the end of last season too. The loss of Keeffe won't kill us.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Quote:
Moore is going to be a gun.. Playing down back on cloke he was fantastic. Reading the play was first class.

That does not say much about Cloke IF a new Kid can beat him

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
A bit of perspective on Adams..... yes I know he turns it over but ... in his two Nab challenge games he went 65.2% (23 touches against Hawks) and 59.6% (32 touches) disposal efficiency. Chris Judd went 69.6% (23 touches) against us and 61.6% (18 touches) against the Cats.

In fact if you look at Judd's stats most weeks, he rarely gets above 70% - rarely. These two are playing the same role. Filth fans think Judd is the second coming of Jesus and half the fans want Adams sacked. Go figure.

Just try to open both eyes when attempting to make players scapegoats eh?

I think even Puting Adams and Judd in the same sentence is wrong.. I hate Carlton and Judd with a passion but seriously Judd is an all time great.

Adams decision making and disposal will hopefully improve with experience but right now it's very poor. The good news is he is hard at it and can find the ball..

TTF I have to take issue with you rating Judd as an all time great- to be sure he was a fine player but judging him as an all time great is over the top.

He made his reputation over at wet toast so before you go throwing around 'all time great' labels perhaps you should look closely at some video of his games at that time.

Seriously they used to form corridors blocking for the guy so that he could get a clear run.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:05 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
A bit of perspective on Adams..... yes I know he turns it over but ... in his two Nab challenge games he went 65.2% (23 touches against Hawks) and 59.6% (32 touches) disposal efficiency. Chris Judd went 69.6% (23 touches) against us and 61.6% (18 touches) against the Cats.

In fact if you look at Judd's stats most weeks, he rarely gets above 70% - rarely. These two are playing the same role. Filth fans think Judd is the second coming of Jesus and half the fans want Adams sacked. Go figure.

Just try to open both eyes when attempting to make players scapegoats eh?

I think even Puting Adams and Judd in the same sentence is wrong.. I hate Carlton and Judd with a passion but seriously Judd is an all time great.

Adams decision making and disposal will hopefully improve with experience but right now it's very poor. The good news is he is hard at it and can find the ball..

TTF I have to take issue with you rating Judd as an all time great- to be sure he was a fine player but judging him as an all time great is over the top.

He made his reputation over at wet toast so before you go throwing around 'all time great' labels perhaps you should look closely at some video of his games at that time.

Seriously they used to form corridors blocking for the guy so that he could get a clear run.

As much as I hate the prick, as he is a nasty, spineless, cowardly player, he is also a without doubt a great player. They don't hand out dual Brownlows to 'fine' players.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Disagree Rude and a certain Melbourne brownlow medalist of recent years is a shining example of just that.

As I said he has been a fine player but all time great??

No.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 pm

jackcass wrote:
I wonder if Reid came back from Germany with some diagnosed issues and a treatment regime to redress them and the aim is to have him up and firing later in the season.

Thats some pretty specific speculation; you got some mail?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks for the training report TTF! Smile

Great to hear the boys have a relatively solid hit out today despite the obvious problems that have been existent within the club today relating to Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas.

Very positive to hear that De Goey is a real chance to play in round 1 and Darcy Moore's development is coming along nicely! I think both kids are going to be real gems for the club. Adams may turn the ball over quite frequently but he's a hard worker and his contested ball and tackling ability is very good.

Speaking of Chris Judd, he's been a solid player but overall he's very overrated for mine. He hasn't enhanced his reputation at Carlton since he left West Coast at the end of 2007 and I think the plaudits he receives in the media are way over the top.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Judd when he came on the scene was a sensation. Lightning speed, ball winning ability and back in the Weagles day he was a goal kicking mid par excellence.

He's became more of a hard ball winning inside mid at Carlton and not the player he used to be at the Eagles but still a terrific footballer and far better than that shit stain of a club deserves.

But a champion footballer Chris Judd most assuredly is.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:35 am

Judd champion without a doubt but an all time great no.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:54 am

I'm not sure what the relevance of Chris Judd is in all this but I'll have a go too.
Judd's first game was against Collingwood, a match which we won at the MCG by 1 point. Brodie Holland kicked 8 goals.
Judd wasn't best on the ground but he looked unstoppable.
Whilst at West Coast be was brilliant; possibly the best midfielder I've seen; better even than Gary Ablett junior, in my opinion.
He never quite reached the same heights at Carlton. That second brownlow was undeserved. He should've been suspended for elbowing but the MRP said there was "insufficient force". What a joke!
I think that overall, he's clearly one of the 3 or 4 best players in the last 20 years.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks for the report Dan. Must have been fantastic at training on such a beautiful morning. Last week while we were waiting for our coffees we looked across the precinct; Rod Laver Arena, Hisense Arena, the G and right there our Westpac Centre with it's new Social Club getting closer by the day. Collingwood has its HQ in one of the greatest positions in this, or any other city. Umm......you know, I'm trying to be positive on a day when we are felling pretty down.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks for the report colour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: