Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report 30th March

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:21 am
Post subject: Training report 30th MarchReply with quote

I wondered down on this beautiful Monday morning..

Not training: marsh keeffee sharenberg greenwood Thomas
Modified: macaffer young reid

Notes:
skills were at a high level today in great conditions
Tempo was up as round 1 is here
Reid I don't think has torn anything but I have no doubt that he must of pulled up tight or sore after vfl intra. Was running/walking laps at 50% and I must say unless they are really holding him back, we won't see him until at least round 5 if injured.

Moore is going to be a gun.. Playing down back on cloke he was fantastic. Reading the play was first class.

Was also impressed with Maynard this kid will be a player

Adams turns it over often even in training. At one stage varcoe went off at him for going to the middle with a lick and turning it over

Grundy does some great things on track and then in match drill he drops an easy chest Mark.. The kid will be ok though

Brown was superb down back and killed gault. He is in for a big year

Fasolo kicked a few great goals in match drill. His leading and kicking was sublime..

The kicking to cloke was very good today, but I didn't see him lead that often I a straight line.. I still think he needs to get on his bike and lead. From what I saw today cloke is pretty much stationed in the 50.

Karnezis looked lively through the middle and up forward.. But missed a couple of shots he should of got.

Overall I was happy with the tempo and skill level

Last edited by TimetoFly on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Adams (or Tay as Bucks calls him) do we just now refer to him as "turn over" every time we mention Adams from now on?

Seems like this is the only thing that gets noticed with him?

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:19 pm

I think the reason why his turnovers get noticed are because 1) he gets a lot of the ball and therefor will turn it over more 2) because he is seen as the next "luke ball" and we need him to step up 3) we gave up Heath shaw for him.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Sorry was in a rush when I wrote the report but other notes were:

Brown looks super impressive. I'm match drill he killed gault one on one. I think people forget how good he is. He will be huge for us this year.

De goey just stand out.. He is a bull with skill to match. He will play round 1 IMO

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks TTF
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:50 pm

A bit of perspective on Adams..... yes I know he turns it over but ... in his two Nab challenge games he went 65.2% (23 touches against Hawks) and 59.6% (32 touches) disposal efficiency. Chris Judd went 69.6% (23 touches) against us and 61.6% (18 touches) against the Cats.

In fact if you look at Judd's stats most weeks, he rarely gets above 70% - rarely. These two are playing the same role. Filth fans think Judd is the second coming of Jesus and half the fans want Adams sacked. Go figure.

Just try to open both eyes when attempting to make players scapegoats eh?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:57 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
A bit of perspective on Adams..... yes I know he turns it over but ... in his two Nab challenge games he went 65.2% (23 touches against Hawks) and 59.6% (32 touches) disposal efficiency. Chris Judd went 69.6% (23 touches) against us and 61.6% (18 touches) against the Cats.

In fact if you look at Judd's stats most weeks, he rarely gets above 70% - rarely. These two are playing the same role. Filth fans think Judd is the second coming of Jesus and half the fans want Adams sacked. Go figure.

T. Adams: 3 votes! Razz Wink

Lets hope he does as well as Juddy. Sometimes I think Adams tries too hard.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 pm

I wonder if Reid came back from Germany with some diagnosed issues and a treatment regime to redress them and the aim is to have him up and firing later in the season.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 pm

One can only hope that playing Moore in defence is a temporary thing in the early stages of the season.

We need to find and develop our next star key forward and one hopes it's him.

Pretty sure the likes of Riewoldt, J. Brown and M. Richardson wouldn't have spent much if any of there first seasons or two playing in defence and that's the level we hope Moore can achieve in time.

Not sure if talents like Moore need to go back before going forward.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
One can only hope that playing Moore in defence is a temporary thing in the early stages of the season.

Pretty sure the likes of Riewoldt, J. Brown and M. Richardson wouldn't have spent much if any of there first seasons or two playing in defence and that's the level we hope Moore can achieve in time.

Yeah, I tend to agree. Having said that, the club may see him as a player capable of being used regularly at both ends of the ground, rather than as a key forward or defender. Therefore, they need to develop his skills at both ends. However, I'm with you, I'm hoping he becomes the next Reiwoldt for us, replacing Cloke as our main marking forward. Ultimately I guess, we should have faith our coaches know what's best to develop this future star.
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Good point swoop. I have no idea why he is playing down back when we have reid brown frost keeffe as options.. I guess they think that due to his light frame they seem him as a Backman. Maybe when he fills up he might go forward or maybe they just see him as a backman only..

I am not fussed because he is going to be a gem.. The kid seriously can play

TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:55 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

I think even Puting Adams and Judd in the same sentence is wrong.. I hate Carlton and Judd with a passion but seriously Judd is an all time great.

Adams decision making and disposal will hopefully improve with experience but right now it's very poor. The good news is he is hard at it and can find the ball..

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:58 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:

Adams does plenty right, although I admit his kicking is still an issue. But that will improve as he gets more games. But I think he needs to realise he is not the ideal player to be attempting to pin point passes into the corridor. He needs to realise his current limitations & either go down the line or handball off to someone who is a better field kick to centre the ball.
He will still be a terrific asset to our club.
Leave it, It's Billy E's 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 pm

First Time post...
I am looking forward to the development of all the kids and a year of hopefully alot of positive things to post about!
Go Pies!! Very Happy Very Happy

malteaser 

Stanley Kubrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Looks like now that Moore will play, now that Keefe is gone forever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: