Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Only 1 Pies in Robbo’s Top 50

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Hird was twice the player of Buckley.

Possibly took way more Performance Enhancing Drugs, but still.
He was - by any quantifiable measure.

Twice the player??

Which quantifiable measures?

He kicked a few more goals at a slightly higher goals per game average but played as a forward more often than Buckley and that's the only stat he trumps Buckley with.

Otherwise you're just talking your usual negative bollocks.

You don't rate Buckley as a coach and that's fine and quite understandable but saying he's half the player Hird was is absolute bullshit and you know it.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Only 1 Pies in Drunk Robbo’s Top 50Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/robbos-top-50

I thought that is very Harsh on Cloke and Elliot Crying or Very sad

Funny how he has quite a few of the team he barracks for the Peptite Bummers: Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Why would Cloke be in anyone's top 50? If his contract was coming up now he'd be lucky to get a fraction of the 900k he got last time, he's turned into a hack.

Cyril was in Robbo's top 50 and aside from a great highlights package he's done stuff all to deserve such a high ranking.

If he wasn't fortunate enough to play in a super Hawthorn side then he wouldn't rate a mention.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 am

Speaking of Robbo I'm really starting to dislike his articles especially after what I've witnessed in the last few days.

His list of top 50 players is utterly ridiculous but it's an opinion and everyone has their own views on this so I'm not too bothered in the end however what's really irked me is his inability to report on the Essendon saga from an objective and impartial perspective.

On Tuesday we saw him write an article about Collingwood and how we somehow managed to knock off the most talked-about club in Essendon on the front page of the news after two of our players were revealed to have tested positive to a banned substance under the WADA code. What annoyed me is how Robbo insisted that this news story with Collingwood had surpassed Essendon in so many ways yet the two situations are incomparable. The situation with us involves two players who have been caught up in a bad situation unrelated to the club's activities whereas the Bombers were caught up in the biggest anti-doping investigation in Australia's history and this was in relation to the club's systematic supplements regime in 2011-2012 and involved the majority of their playing list in 2012.

Later that day Robbo wrote another article after the Essendon verdict was handed down saying that Hird and Essendon had a right to be angry for the way they were treated in the past two years. In other words he was inferring that since they were found 'not guilty' that their actions in 2012 should be absolved and forgotten about!

I never really liked Robbo's journalistic attributes to start off with but the last few days has enhanced my reasons as to why I'll never rate him as a good journalist especially in regards to this whole situation with Essendon and the way he carried on about our club on Monday and Tuesday.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Funny how he has quite a few of the team he barracks for the Peptite Bummers: Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Why would Cloke be in anyone's top 50? If his contract was coming up now he'd be lucky to get a fraction of the 900k he got last time, he's turned into a hack.

Well everyone says he is the best Power Forward in the AFL

Recent form says "no".
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Jezza wrote:
Speaking of Robbo I'm really starting to dislike his articles especially after what I've witnessed in the last few days.

His list of top 50 players is utterly ridiculous but it's an opinion and everyone has their own views on this so I'm not too bothered in the end however what's really irked me is his inability to report on the Essendon saga from an objective and impartial perspective.

On Tuesday we saw him write an article about Collingwood and how we somehow managed to knock off the most talked-about club in Essendon on the front page of the news after two of our players were revealed to have tested positive to a banned substance under the WADA code. What annoyed me is how Robbo insisted that this news story with Collingwood had surpassed Essendon in so many ways yet the two situations are incomparable. The situation with us involves two players who have been caught up in a bad situation unrelated to the club's activities whereas the Bombers were caught up in the biggest anti-doping investigation in Australia's history and this was in relation to the club's systematic supplements regime in 2011-2012 and involved the majority of their playing list in 2012.

Later that day Robbo wrote another article after the Essendon verdict was handed down saying that Hird and Essendon had a right to be angry for the way they were treated in the past two years. In other words he was inferring that since they were found 'not guilty' that their actions in 2012 should be absolved and forgotten about!

I never really liked Robbo's journalistic attributes to start off with but the last few days has enhanced my reasons as to why I'll never rate him as a good journalist especially in regards to this whole situation with Essendon and the way he carried on about our club on Monday and Tuesday.

His Articles since the 2 pie’s tested positive and his Peptide Bummers where let off because of Lack of Evidence.

He been having a go at Collingwood and saying how badly treated the Bummers where.

Comes across as a Drunk Idiot who is so Biased towards the team he barracks for and the Joke of a Coach they have

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Joel wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Well everyone says he is the best Power Forward in the AFL

Recent form says "no".

I thought the Pre-Seson Top 50 was on Potential and Cloke has Potential of having a Huge Season

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 pm

How do you assume this statement holds true for me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: