Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Predictions and Expectations for 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where we will finish on the ladder this year?
1-4
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
5-8
27%
 27%  [ 23 ]
9-11
30%
 30%  [ 25 ]
12-14
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
15-17
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 83

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going off the trend of the back end of last season which was woeful. I've seen little to excite me in the preseason games to have changed the trend.

I don't think the pendulum has swung past the bottom yet. Think we'll be close to bottom 4.

today's news just adds to the disaster that 2015 will be.

I won't be looking for team success, but looking for leadership and development of our younger players. This season's a right off in terms of ladder position. Get games into the kids fast. And tank tank tank. We are no better for finishing 10th as finishing 15th.

Players that are average and senior will have to make way.

I'm really unexcited about 2015 season.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Can we change our vote?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 pm

5150 wrote:
I've narrowed it down to 6th, 7th or 8th.
The reason being I have looked into the future and have visualized one game late in the season where we are one point down and Travis Cloke has taken a mark 35m out directly in front.

Siren has gone.... That's where the vision ends...

He either shanks it OOB and we lose, he scores a point and we draw or kicks the goal and we win.

Wow, I could start a poll inside a poll.

Would hit the post, bounce back smack him in the head, and bounce out on the full, and the ump would give the defenders 3 free kicks each

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 pm

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Interesting to see a varying degree of responses about our prospects this year.

So far 40 posters have participated in the poll with 14 believing that we will play finals and 26 saying it won't happen this year.

I'm actually in the 5-12 group but opted for the 9-11 as the more likely option within that cluster.

Fair enough!

I think the poll I established may have been somewhat misleading. To my potential error, I probably should have asked in the poll whether posters thought we would play finals or not this year.

However overall it seems like most people see us a middle-tier team this year so I think the poll has been able to ascertain that now.

Miz 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:15 am

12-14 is very likely
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:41 pm

Hope I'm wrong but 9-12 seems about right. Several teams have stepped up and we have had a big influx of kids and experience from elsewhere so it may take time to gell.

A pass mark for Bucks is competitveness and better skills. Our supporters can inspire the players only so far but in recent times, our skill levels have been quite ordinary, even in wins. We looked great against the Hawks but they had hald a side and premiership points weren't up for grabs.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 pm

I voted 12 to 14
I'd love to be proven wrong on this but we need to regenerate and get games into our young picks and this means we won't win as many games as last year. Hoping to see improvement in the game plan and a foundation built from which we can rise the ladder again from next year.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:41 pm

melliot wrote:
I'm really unexcited about 2015 season.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Great way of putting it mate!! Exclamation

Total bloody apathy is taking full control of me. Rolling Eyes

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Jezza wrote:
However overall it seems like most people see us a middle-tier team this year so I think the poll has been able to ascertain that now.

Yeah, fair enough conclusion. In reality I think we will be slightly below a middle-tier team level, about 10 - 12.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:51 pm

It's not a bad draw, I think we'll be scratching for the 8 and just get in.

Then of course, go on to win the flag.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 pm

TBH, I'm not that distressed about our players getting banned but the fact that essendon was cleared has really established that our competition is a farce.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 pm

My expectations for this season are about as low as they have been since the start of the 1999 season. I feel like we will finish lower than we did last year which mean 12th or worse. I look at our list and i just do not see enough developed talent good enough to propel us into the finals. I take it on board that we have some good kids coming through. From what I have seen on the field I do believe that these kids will become excellent servants of the club, Broomhead, De Goey, Grundy, Langdon and I am expecting Sharenberg, Freeman to debut and show something and hopefully Adams can improve his skill level to match his fantastic endeavor.

However, until the day comes when these players make it we are looking very very ordinary indeed. Our skill level is nowhere near AFL standard from what I've seen in recent years and it does not appear to have improved over the pre-season. Our team on the field doesn't gel and move the ball in any consistent fluent motion. Our ball movement is very stagnant and therefore F50 entries are just not dangerous. I think our lack of leg speed and line breaking prowess is a big cause of this, we just do not look to have this confidence in our abilities.

Defensively we are sound, except in fast break situations after we turn the ball over. How often do our defenders get caught high up the ground and just cannot get back fast enough? This gets back to skill level in maintaining possession and our leg speed to get back into defensive positions when a turnover occurs. This hurts our ability to score and therefore our ability to prevent scores. I see this again being a massive problem.

The list has undergone far too many significant changes over the past 3 seasons. We have (rightly or wrongly, in or out of our control)) turned the list over way too fast to be able to stay inside the Top 4 or Top 8 while rebuilding. Geelong are doing this far better than us. They are blooding and developing their next core group of midfielders (without turning over mass quantities of older players) while still maintaining their competitiveness, skill levels and ball moving abilities. We have failed in this regard.

Too many best 22 established players have exited too quickly. Let's list them, Jolly, Johnson, Thomas, Beams, Brown, Maxwell, Tarrant, Ball, Davis, Dawes, Didak, Krakouer, O'Brien, Shaw and Wellingham. That is 15 premiership/experienced players over 3 seasons shown the door. Irrespective of reasons why this is just far too many far too quickly and it has exposed our youth and lack of depth too much. We have been forced to draft/trade/recruit mature players to fill the gaps and they just have not been anywhere near good enough. The team is a mixed bag, similar to the Richmond teams of the past, full of band aid players.

I don't know about you guys but I find it bloody hard watching us play footy. It is very much a chore that i feel i must endure. The enjoyment is not there but yet i still watch them, cringing more than cheering. I hate that and I feel like we have cut ourselves down to size. We have only ourselves to blame for reasons that can only be described as horrible list management. Buckle up because it could take us a decade to recover.

MONCO: Your life.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
My expectations for this season are about as low as they have been since the start of the 1999 season. I feel like we will finish lower than we did last year which mean 12th or worse. I look at our list and i just do not see enough developed talent good enough to propel us into the finals. I take it on board that we have some good kids coming through. From what I have seen on the field I do believe that these kids will become excellent servants of the club, Broomhead, De Goey, Grundy, Langdon and I am expecting Sharenberg, Freeman to debut and show something and hopefully Adams can improve his skill level to match his fantastic endeavor.

However, until the day comes when these players make it we are looking very very ordinary indeed. Our skill level is nowhere near AFL standard from what I've seen in recent years and it does not appear to have improved over the pre-season. Our team on the field doesn't gel and move the ball in any consistent fluent motion. Our ball movement is very stagnant and therefore F50 entries are just not dangerous. I think our lack of leg speed and line breaking prowess is a big cause of this, we just do not look to have this confidence in our abilities.

Defensively we are sound, except in fast break situations after we turn the ball over. How often do our defenders get caught high up the ground and just cannot get back fast enough? This gets back to skill level in maintaining possession and our leg speed to get back into defensive positions when a turnover occurs. This hurts our ability to score and therefore our ability to prevent scores. I see this again being a massive problem.

The list has undergone far too many significant changes over the past 3 seasons. We have (rightly or wrongly, in or out of our control)) turned the list over way too fast to be able to stay inside the Top 4 or Top 8 while rebuilding. Geelong are doing this far better than us. They are blooding and developing their next core group of midfielders (without turning over mass quantities of older players) while still maintaining their competitiveness, skill levels and ball moving abilities. We have failed in this regard.

Too many best 22 established players have exited too quickly. Let's list them, Jolly, Johnson, Thomas, Beams, Brown, Maxwell, Tarrant, Ball, Davis, Dawes, Didak, Krakouer, O'Brien, Shaw and Wellingham. That is 15 premiership/experienced players over 3 seasons shown the door. Irrespective of reasons why this is just far too many far too quickly and it has exposed our youth and lack of depth too much. We have been forced to draft/trade/recruit mature players to fill the gaps and they just have not been anywhere near good enough. The team is a mixed bag, similar to the Richmond teams of the past, full of band aid players.

I don't know about you guys but I find it bloody hard watching us play footy. It is very much a chore that i feel i must endure. The enjoyment is not there but yet i still watch them, cringing more than cheering. I hate that and I feel like we have cut ourselves down to size. We have only ourselves to blame for reasons that can only be described as horrible list management. Buckle up because it could take us a decade to recover.

Thats a sobering thought; I hope it doesn't turn out that way....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

HAve to agree with you- but still think with all cards falling our way, we could surprise a few and finish 5( ithink we will finish between 5-12)

My main concern is our one-way midfield- our backline works their arse off and generally plays above themsleves- the forward structure needs improvement, yet if mids (apart from pendles) could hit a target we would be a decent side.

A secondary- and perhaps theoretical- concern- is that Buckley is not a leader.

Perehaps he should not have been captain- the best player does not make the bets captian.
He polarised team mates with his single mindedness, and perhaps has gone too afr the other way as a coach- trying not to be such a stubborn prick.

At teh end of the day- his legalcy will be a fair way shy of malthouse- MM has so far managed to leave 2 clubs a legacy of recreational drug use and strong performance enhancing drug use rumours- here's hoping he can make it 3 from 3.
Miz 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:21 pm

roar wrote:
TBH, I'm not that distressed about our players getting banned but the fact that essendon was cleared has really established that our competition is a farce.

Roar, I know you have been on here for a while and sound exasperated. There are a lot of people who were footy fans that feel the same way. This Essendon drama has killed the game for many people, the way it was handled by every party and the fact that they have walked away and are free to play this season is a real attack on the integrity of the league and the people running it. McLachlan had the chance to come in fresh and fix this but has ran a mile and the whole league now looks like a drug free for all where every person involved makes up the rules as they go along.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: