Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Predictions and Expectations for 2015

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where we will finish on the ladder this year?
1-4
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
5-8
27%
 27%  [ 23 ]
9-11
30%
 30%  [ 25 ]
12-14
25%
 25%  [ 21 ]
15-17
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 83

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:43 am
Post subject: Predictions and Expectations for 2015Reply with quote

With less than a week until the 2015 season officially begins I'd like to develop an understanding and idea of where Nicksters think we'll finish this year in terms of our ladder position.

Also on top of that first question I'm curious to establish what you think Nathan Buckley has to achieve this year to have a 'successful' year as coach. Is it playing finals? Not slipping further down the ladder or are there other things he needs to achieve as coach to you leave satisfied that he's the right man for the job beyond this year?

I'm interested to hear everyone's responses on this and hopefully I'll be able to ascertain what most people think are realistic expectations and hopes for the season ahead because lately I think there's been two camps on Nicks that believe we should be playing finals this year and another camp that thinks finals are unrealistic and this will simply be a development year with some bad periods ahead of us.

Personally I think we could finish anywhere between 7th to 14th but being more specific I think we'll finish somewhere between 10th to 12th this year. In regards to the second question I think if Bucks can win us ten matches, not slip below 11th and the youngsters continue to develop nicely this year with a sign of an effective game plan developing then I consider that a successful year for mine personally.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

8 to 12 hopefully I'm wrong, I think team is to young still in experience and maturity. Backline is a bit iffy still, but if the forward line can fire backline would only have to concede 100 points a game. History tells us 80points is what good teams can restrict opposition.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:08 am

think positive Wink
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 am

If we can stay relatively fit we could sneak into the 8, in fact we should, but I don't trust our fitness department, so 9-11 it is.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 am

I think the bottom half of the top 8 is a fair expectation. Bucks has to get us moving up this year or the knives will be getting sharpened.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:13 am

Our pre-season form makes it difficult to judge, and obviously injuries can make a huge difference to our fortunes, so I reckon we could finish anywhere from 5th to 12th. assuming a reasonable run with injuries and the expected improvement from our 2nd and 3rd year players, I can see us just missing out on a top 4 berth.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:17 pm

I can't see us starting fav's against the Hawks, Geelong, Freo or Port so 5-10 is where I reckon we'll finish.
Hopefully we can do better than that but this season is about season 16-17.
If the side can start to click by mid-season i'll be over the moon no matter where we end up.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Not even remotely thinking of Finals, just want to enjoy the wild ride, some awful losses, some great victories, by this very young and raw team, learning the caper, developing into a real power down the track. Brace yourselves, fasten yer seatbealts, we are in for one helluva roller coaster ride thru this season !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Top Four
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

I Have us between 6th - 14th
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I Have us between 6th - 14th
That is where I see it. A lot has to go right for us to be in the eight. Not much has to go wrong for us to be bottom four.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Where is the 6th to 16th option?

LOL.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 pm

I think somewhere above 16th is reasonable to assume....... as long as we dont lose pendlebury.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Geez Jezza hard question mate.
Firstly our finishing position depends on many things firstly injuries, secondly form of our key expereinced players (Swan, Cloke, Reid, Brown, White, Sidebottom, Pendles) then the improvement of the like of Frost, Landgon, Fasalo, Kennedy, Broomhead, Williams, Witts, Grundy, Sinclair, Oxley, Gault, Adams then how the new recruits Karnezis, Crisp, Greenwood perform.
Then we have the "young guns" DeGoey, Freeman, Scharenberg & Moore.
IMO if we win between 8-12 games and have some close honorable losses to the likes of the Hawks Freo Port Swans then I would consider it a decent building season. Finish between 7-13 is most likely IMO
Achieve the above did Bucks gets minimum of 2 more years.
Conversly if we struggle and the form of our senior players drops off, there's no improvement in our players between 20-60 games and we don't get any decent development into our young guns we have real issues.
Winning less than 7 games and have no game plan that holds up then Bucks will be looking for a broadcasting job next year and beyond.
Personally I hope we win 8+ games we show improvement in all facets of our game and the young guns get 5-15 games each to show what our future looks like.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Smile My biggest concern is the midfield, we have lost more experienced and hard players over the off season. It all begins and goes through there, our attacking and how we cover our defense. Ball H and Beams are a great loss. We have also lost Levi for half the season,and really we have only have Swan and The best midfielder in the League left. Just not enough as the young blokes are developing. I was set on us finishing around 8-10th but losing Levi, Reid's a ? and depending on how the young blokes come through 10-12 is the most realistic scenario. Teams like the Bulldogs and Suns are on their way up so it will be a much closer competition. All exiting stuff nevertheless but I am under no illusion its a development year like 2004 and 2005. Forgot to add that we need to develop a general on our backline someone to guide and help keep the defence as tight as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: